New to RP, WRA worth it for Alliance?

The common sentiment seems to be Moonguard Alliance, WRA Horde.

But I’ve also heard Moonguard has less than stellar RP in terms of lore friendliness.

I thought the idea of RPing something simple as a Human Knight, or 7th Legion Vanguard. I just don’t know how the population of WRA is for Alliance.

1 Like

There’s plenty of RP to be had on Alliance side here!

The only real difference is that Alliance side does have some times where activity is lower, it’s not always popping at all hours of the day like you may find on Moon Guard.

Roll up an alt and give Stormwind a tour, the popular spots tend to be the Mage Tower, the King’s Memorial and the Cathedral District.

3 Likes

Wyrmrest has a great balance of Horde and Alliance. As a convert, I can say you more than likely wouldn’t regret it.

Moon Guard is an alright server, but after spending a good 6 years there, it was nice to have a server where one side ISN’T a powerhouse dominant. (MG is almost purely Alliance, with maybe 6 active Hordies, while WrA has a decent divide between the two.)

4 Likes

I’d definitely recommend Wyrmrest for both factions too, OP! I’ve been RPing on Alliance here since MoP, and I’ve been RPing on Horde here since mid-Legion. While the balance isn’t a perfect 50/50 (There’s a little bit of a leaning towards Hordeside RP), it’s pretty darn close. I’ve been able to find Alliance RP and Horde RP even at my obscure RP hours. If you want a server that’s pretty evenly balanced, with plenty of great crossfaction events thanks to the Cross RP addon and potions, I’d definitely say Wyrmrest Accord is the server for you!

I’ve got nothing against Moon Guard by any means. In fact, when WRA was full of my Alliance toons in WoD, I RPed an orc named Gorronoth over there. But things are quiet on the Horde front, and that balance simply doesn’t exist. I never tried RPing there on Alliance side though - maybe it’s a lot of fun! I’m not sure! It never hurts to try both, and then decide.

But as a long term WRA resident, I love it here and I hope you choose us! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Both are diverse and healthy roleplay communities. That being said, WrA all the way.

Quality is a matter of opinion, but sticking to the facts, population is pretty balanced between factions on WrA.

I’ve heard the ‘WrA Horde, MG Alliance’ thing too, but never understood it. I’ve been roleplaying Alliance side on this server since Mists and it’s been fantastic. Lots of great people, and the best roleplay I get is through guilds.

Admittedly I think there isn’t as much roleplay Alliance-side as there used to be, but maybe that goes for Horde too. A few years back, Stormwind was absolutely buzzing with roleplay in every district. Lots of people in Cathedral Square, even more in Mage Quarter, and Old Town and Dwarven District had their fair share of people. Now, it’s a little more desolate unless you get lucky with the time.

I do think it’s a similar situation with Horde. I used to see Silvermoon just alive and glowing with activity but the last time I went there in search of RP, there was just nothing and no one. I’m not on that faction often so maybe it was an anomaly, but it’s still sad to see how many players just aren’t around anymore.

It’s odd, because WrA is always on High-Full.

So where is everybody.

Do you have War Mode on?

I actually noticed the same thing yesterday evening in silvermoon just walking around. So many places that used to have people around seem a lot emptier, but granted I’ve been playing on wra since cata and the active areas always shift over time. In any case I just chalked it up to weird weekday hours.

Orgrimmar on the other hand seems as active as ever. Stormwind seems pretty active, too, but I haven’t actively walked around looking for other people RPing.

And yeah, Warmode was off.

I have no idea then. Literally no idea lol cuz I play pretty much every day and cities are usually fairly busy. If not packed. Every so often someone comes to ask why the game is empty and I’m genuinely baffled.

1 Like

The cities are quite filled. Though I can imagine, with school starting, a lot of players (myself included) aren’t on as regularly. Or if we are, we’re doing our dailies, our grind, then hopping off to finish school work.

Not much time to RP when debt is breathing seductively down your neck and going “We’ll be together for decades…”

1 Like

I’ve been told that too! I have alliance toons on both realms, but really enjoy the ooc friendliness of WRA a ton!

You wont know, until you just roll an alt to see for yourself! I’ve found some amazing people on both servers and some also play both!

1 Like

Tonight there’s a black market/costume event going on Feralas. In and around the Ruins of Isilden. While most of the businesses are run by Horde races, everyone’s welcome! Just remember to bring your Elixir of Tongues!

The Warcraft is a Stage Discord/Tumblr group also regularly hosts events.

There’s also a Google Event Calendar.

And of course all the Guilds that are recruiting and running events. You can see the threads updated here on the regular. Come check out the Firebrand Enterprises thread, where I post our planned events every week!

Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are already big places, but since then we’ve seen the addition of Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, the Draenor, the Broken Isles, and Zandalar/Kul Tiras. The world is soooo big now that the odds of just randomly bumping into someone out on an adventure keeps decreasing. Being able to fly everywhere doesn’t help either.

If you’re looking for RP, you have to go where they are. In the major cities, to guilds set up in specific areas- like the Shadowtusk Tribe in Zul Gurub, Heart of the Raven in Tol Barad, or the Southfury Watch in the Barrens- or to pre-planned events you see advertised or through word of mouth.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget someone coming to the forums to comment on how dead the Valley of Honor was and how there was nobody to RP with. I happened to be logged in at the bank at the time and counted no more than two dozen people.

I think more often than not, I think the comments are made by people who are frustrated in being unable to find the specific type of character or RP scenario they’re interested in.

Which makes sense, as stories/characters you have no interest in is more or less the same as nothing at all.

1 Like

I mean that has to be it. Or something like that. I just don’t understand how people are claiming cities are empty when I can be logged on while reading the post, and see 30 people in my immediate vicinity.

You can also use the TRP scan feature and see a hundred people on the map at times.

I will say however that I have noticed a lack of people in the Cathedral District, which usually is always rather full.

In my observation the Cathedral district started dying off when the park was built, way back in Legion. The park kind of replaced it as the “Other” Stormwind RP hub.

I do kinda miss the Cathedral Square though! XD

1 Like

I miss the holy types lingering around the stairs and what not, even if they didn’t do much of anything besides stand there, it was still nice to see!

3 Likes

They were at their best when they just sat there. When they started doing stuff, things went downhill >.>

1 Like