2h Frost (and Frostmourne) megathread

Thought I should make a megathread for the posts supporting 2h Frost and Frostmourne both returning. Hope this was a good idea also, and that this was a good attempt at my first megathread. And please don’t start any fights over 2h vs DW Frost. This isn’t about what’s better and what wasn’t at all, and how “Frostmourne should stay broken” or anything like that. This is just about supporting 2h Frost, and a few ways to support Frostmourne too if possible. Please remember that also. Hope things go well here too.

[2 Handed Frost Death Knight. Bring it back
It's time.. Frost DK and 2 handed weapons
Taliesin want's 2h Frost to return also! Eeeeeeee....!
Hazzed's video on 2h Frost VS DW Frost
Can Blizz stop insulting frost DKs thru lore?
Blizzard "would like to do" 2H Frost
2-handed Frost..what if
Timewalk icc with frostmourne transmog?
Bring back 2h Frost!
If 2h frost had the same kind of rotation, would you be happy?
2H Frost - Vote With Your Wallet
I mained 2hand frost dk for 7 years
Bring back 2-Hand Frost
Frost DK couldn't even use frostmourne
2h Frost needs to come back]

EDIT: Made a post on the development forums since the devs would listen to that instead of the Death Knight forums like someone mentioned here. Hope it was a good idea guys.
[https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/2h-frost-and-frostmourne-returning-in-shadowlands/386613]

47 Likes

I was going to do this, but I figured it wouldn’t get any traction since megathreads are usually the result of moderators actually merging all of the related topic threads into one big one, all the posts and replies compiling into one massive feed like the high elf one. I’m not sure why the mods haven’t done this yet.

12 Likes

i like that, its one step closer to frostmourne.
either way i hope blizzard look at this =)

14 Likes

I really hope we get both 2h and Frostmourne at some point.

My dream DK is a Pandaren with Frostmourne. Half that dream is real and hopefully the other half will be real one day too.

16 Likes

Good Idea! You have my support!

#MakeFrostDeathKnightsGreatAgain

17 Likes

Seems most people here support 2H frost, I hope Bliz is paying attention.

18 Likes

Yeah, me too. Glad you like this also. And hope we get to see Bolvar cut down Sylvanas and the Jailer with Frostmourne, while we’re wielding duplicates (tmog) that were rewarded for restoring the real deal.

8 Likes

You’re thinking too small, re: Frostmourne.

What we need is an entirely new art team at blizz. Just google some DK fan art and look at the possibilities for DK themed axes, swords, polearms, etc. Makes Frostmourne look like a 5 year old designed it. If you want it for lore or whatever, fine. But aesthetically, we can do much better. Aim high!

11 Likes

thats why op put 2h in the title. also for frostnourne would be cool, but also it would be cool if we got its skin upgrades if we actualy got it in legion.

and yeah that fanart stuff is awesome while i hope they hire someof them for wep designers

4 Likes

Even though that’s true, I think we STILL need Frostmourne as well. So why not include it ALONGSIDE all those axes and other weapons we can get for Death Knights. Maybe even a more Frostmourne-like hammer than Bolvar’s hammer, or even a shield based off Frostmourne and the DK-themed shield from ICC raids and dungeons too. True, we can’t use shields, but it could be nice. And we already got a DK-themed shield in general anyway. Plus, more options are always better, as we all said for supporting 2h Frost anyway.

5 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Mistakes were made, but I’m willing to forgive you.

Bring back two-handed Frost.

Love,

Kárák

17 Likes

^YES THIS!!!

I agree about Frostmourne, and more art for DK’s. Also in addition to this, I would like to add that IF Blizzard ever did return 2H to Frost Death Knights, personally I would like the option to use a Glyph or what not to be able to transmog my 1H Legion Artifact Appearance / Mage Tower Appearance weapon and scale it up to appear as a 2H weapon for Frost Death Knights.

I’m aware that these are shards of Frostmourne, however as appearances go, I would like the ability to keep the appearance and use it as a 2H weapon when playing Frost DK.

Just my two cents…

6 Likes

On days like today, t’is when I wonder,
Why I no longer tear, my enemies asunder,
I would think that as knight, from the frozen waste,
I would at least be compensated, with an increase in haste,
Instead, I merely bungle, flailing like an infant,
And this usually results in me, dying in an instant,
You dishonor me with these dual-blades, for I am a Knight,
The Lich King created me to be victorious in my glorious fight,
There was a major flaw in judgment, but we can still annihilate,
If we just be granted return, of our two-handed Obliterate.

16 Likes

Just a thought of something that would never happen, BUT what if in SL there is a quest to make the frostmourne again, but requires you to have shadowmourne already? I know a few people would complain, but I miss epic quests like they used to have.

5 Likes

Having to go back and do legacy content for next-gen content is a nauseating thought. The hidden artifact appearances that did this were irritating enough. Besides, we already have what’s left of Frostmourne. If anything, Frost DK should be able use the power of the void in the Shadowlands or Ny’alotha to restore the soul-stealing properties to the forged-together remains of the sword, so that we get a better-looking void 2H sword, and a better mechanical concept.

5 Likes

I’m not on board for granting Frostmourne as a skin for several reasons - all lore-related - but yes please to bringing back 2h frost! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

I feel like if there’s a requirement it should come from current content.

Maybe some rare drop from the Tower thing they’re doing leading to a green fire style quest-chain.

5 Likes

I rather have Frostmourne be reforged proper, using the Forge of Domination where it and the Helm of Domination were created. Maybe use a similar process to creating Shadowmourne, but in the Shadowlands, and with the original forge too, to rebirth Frostmourne. But if we get alternate skins like artifact appearances for Frostmourne too, I think what you had in mind could possibly work for one of those appearances. Still, you’re right that they were rather irritating to deal with in Legion regardless.

6 Likes

I don’t think Frostmourne was created at the Forge of Domination. I’m fairly certain it was just a normal runeblade rafted by the Nathrezeim and was just owned by Ner Zhul when he was transformed into the first incarnation of the LK.

I’m in support of 2h frost dk again, but I REALLY don’t want Frostmourne to come back. It’s broken and it’s power has been drained; partly from the destruction by the ashbringer and then subduing the sword of Sargeras finished it off. Even if it was reforged with the original shards, it would be a faint echo of what it once.

Also, I may be wrong here, but I didn’t think any Blizz dev staff read the class forums? They specifically made a forum area for “items and classes in development” for these discussions.

Blizzard has said recently that it’s where Frostmourne was created.

During your adventures in the Shadowlands, you’re going to find the forge where Domination armor is created, where they made the Helmet and where they made Frostmourne and you’re going to learn about how that process works and who is the Blacksmith there

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=295988/shadowlands-craft-your-own-custom-legendary-in-the-forge-of-domination

Honestly I don’t see the issue with it not having it’s original power, since the weapons we’re using now are pretty normal. Plus since we’re going to where it was created, we might be able to truly reforge it into what it once was.

2 Likes