2 Handed Frost Death Knight. Bring it back

I have wanted 2 Handed Frost back since they forced weapons on us. The Death Knight that I have played for years now, class fantasy wise has always been 2H. I do not understand why you force a class to go into a weapon type when no one wanted it in the beginning. When you go to Archeus Hold, there is not 1 DK NPC in the whole Order Hall, with a 1 Handed Weapon. Bolvar and Arthas both using a 2H weapon was how a DK was always portrayed, and I want it back, as do many others. Please let Frost DK actually be able to transmog ourselves into Shadowmourne, it is literally the reason I wanted to play and stay Death Knight. Bring 2H Frost DK back.

47 Likes

This most likely means nothing, but Holinka liked a tweet asking for 2H frost, so he knows people want it at least

16 Likes

oh nice https://twitter.com/Rystuh/status/1191065706499985408

he also liked one asking for shadow flame and fel flame for warlocks

8 Likes

Hey that’s me!!

Want 2H frost back supabad

19 Likes

I would like to think this is a good omen.

6 Likes

Thassarian is a DW Frost dk, Marwyn was also a DW death knight, Bolvar got completely destroyed, Frostmourne was shattered and its not a frost weapon in the first place, its Unholy, Shadowmourne would also fall into the Unholy category.

You can play like Arthas or Bolvar right now, auto attacks and remorseless winter. And saying no one wanted DW isnt exactly accurate, in fact it isnt accurate at all since other posts have said that they added in ToT (Threat of Thassarian, you know that DW Frost dk I was talking about earlier) because people wanted DW.

Its not like what they did with Holy Paladins where they would use a shield and 1h since I could remember and then all of a sudden “you get a 2h mace”. DW was in the game since wrath, it was the best aside from a very few times that can be counted on with one hand, and the balance was causing issues.

If anything 2h would come as a transmog option or a glyph.

If you really want to take lore as a factor, Arthas was more Unholy than anything, and Bolvar did a whole whopping 2 abilities out of the entire DK spellbook. The Lich King is the daddy of all Death Knights, he isnt bound by specs, and using 1 frost ability, since we cant throw around huge pillars, is no indication that he is Frost and he isnt even a Death Knight, he is the Lich King, he raises Death Knights.

And a weaker version of the lich king since no frost mourne. He probably cant do all that the first lich king could.

Thassarian is frost? The poster boy for having an undead companion is frost? And, again. Two handed swords.

Marwyn is a good find. There is one boss from a five man who dual wields.

Not because of two hand. Blizzard told us exactly why he got completely destroyed. Why do you lie about things which are so easy to find out? Bolvar lost because of Sylvanas’s deal with the Jailer, and because she’s fed the maw so heavily.

No two hander is currently in the frost category. You’re so intellectually dishonest that it hurts.

Bolvar did more than auto attacks and remorseless winter. He also did Avalanche.

And I’m fine with player agency. If someone wants to dual wield, who am I to tell them no? That doesn’t make it the class fantasy, though. It just means we have a lot of people who love rogues playing Death Knights. :man_shrugging:

Only during Legion, BFA, and when Cinderglacier was overpowered factually and objectively speaking.

We’ve asked for this. YOU (and others) have repeatedly rebuffed it.

I’m going to assume this part of the argument isn’t aimed at me?

12 Likes

Yes, it’s aimed at you, because you are the only one that has ever brought up frostmourne, or Arthas, or Bolvar.

Wow.

Also you are a complete and utter liar. I suggest you go back and read my posts since I have been saying that a transmog to 2h is actually possible with the technology they have but the other way around isn’t. That in itself should tell you DW frost isn’t going anywhere. Oh, and I have actually suggested ways to bring it back as an actual weapon choice as well by trying to eliminate the differences in playstyle or just why 2h always ended up falling behind.

You have also been trying to take away DW and have 2h only frost, even make unholy the DW spec because of no reason that makes sense other than people finding bugs to exploit.

Yes Thassarian is frost and has a permanent pet. Again lore characters aren’t bound by specs, and you never went deep enough into unholy to get a permanent pet as frost? You guys want all this choice but once there is a lore character comes along that isn’t the Lich King that is an actual death knight you have a problem with it. Oh and like you said, death knights are undead unholy knights and they are strong enough to wield 2 2h weapons. Even though they didn’t have that many 1h rune weapons to choose from.

Also, from your own words, they are undead unholy knights so if you want to be true to that play unholy.

I want Frostmourne, so what?

The premier Death Knight? What about him?

This is a lie, liar. Everyone and their mother has been discussing Bolvar since the cutscene. YOU HAD LITERALLY JUST BROUGHT BOTH OF THEM UP.

9 Likes

What is your point in this post exactly? To show that you dont understand sarcasm? Yes, it is a lie, because so many people have been bringing up Frostmourne (which is gone and not a Frost weapon anyways and would fall under the Unholy spec anyways) Arthas in terms of frost abilities which he used what… 1? And bolvar which again used just one Frost ability. Creating walls of Ice and throwing pullars of ice around isnt even in the Frost toolkit.

Wow, just wow. You focused on just one sentence in that post, broke it apart for some reason, and didnt even touch on the fact that I have not been against 2h, just against misinformation that people like you have been putting out there.

Dont like it, I really dont care.

That you’re a liar and nothing that you post amounts to anything of value.

8 Likes

Except that context isnt anywhere in your response. And where have I lied exactly? Hmm. Or are you going to quote out of context again?

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Troll harder.

:thinking:

9 Likes

It was such obvious bait, bahahaha.

3 Likes

More trolling, or you dont actually know what the sword actually did.

So, Icebringer and Frostreaper, would you say those also aren’t Frost weapons?

8 Likes

Why wouldnt those be frost weapons? Just because they were made from the metal for a different destroyed and no longer functional weapon? The parts were reforged, infused with even more power, and the spirits still trapped inside were subdued (aka Arthas and Ner’zhul). They do frost things, unlike Frostmourne.