Frost DK couldn't even use frostmourne

blizzard… are you listening…

A FROST death knight… couldn’t even use FROSTMOURNE…

A FROST death knight… Couldn’t even use ShadowMourne…

A FROST death knight… Couldn’t even use Corrupted ashbringer or Ashbringer…

A FROST death knight… Couldn’t even wield Light’s Vengeance.

A Frost Death knight… Couldn’t even use Glorenzelg, High Blade of the Silver Hand

A Frost death knight… Couldn’t even use the RuneBlade of Baron Rivendare…

Please Fix your screw up…

Thanks…

49 Likes

I support this message. At least switch and let us DW two handers. It actually fits the lore better than fury warrior.

5 Likes

At the very least, we should be able to transmog from dual wield to a 2hamder. Many of the artifact weapon mogs are able to do that.

16 Likes

DK’s are the red-headed step children of WoW.

They’ve had their “class fantasy” revised so many times im not sure what their actual direction is anymore.

16 Likes

Casual reminder we got mussed out of getting this because dual wield made us look distinct from other classes.

16 Likes

thats a nice one.

Distinct DW ? like every rogue. and every fury warrior…

thats stupid… I want a Big 2H.
I wanna OBLITERATE people not tickle them.

22 Likes

Agreed. :point_up_2:

16 Likes

I thought Arthas became a death knight when he picked up frostmourne. He became the lich king when he took nerzul’s helm. I thought he still kept the death knight status, but with added powers on top of that.

10 Likes

/sign - At this point I would even be ok with a Glyph that makes our Legion Artifact Weapons look like a 2H weapon.

No more Toothpicks Please!

16 Likes

My gosh how I’ve said this time and time again!! Literally the only thing that would make sense for blizzards class fantasy is this.

9 Likes

Lich King let him borrow his sword so he can use him like a puppet he was meant to be all along. It’s still the Lich King’s sword, and he’s the only one who can wield it properly. Frostmourne is ultimately like the One Ring, it can be wielded by others, but only one person can actually control it, which is Lich King.

Besides that, even Arthas was for the most part an Unholy DK in Warcraft 3 lol. If anyone “deserved” to wield Frostmourne, it should be Unholy DKs. The Lich King is the embodiment of death, decay and necromancy, which are all Unholy schools of thought. And Death Knights are his servants created in that image. They are intelligent lieutanants meant to have control over the undead, which are the bulk of his actual forces.

7 Likes

So is Apocalypse. That didn’t stop us.

6 Likes

You wore it, but in the end, you were just another chump in the long line of chumps that wore the Apocalypse. It’s more like a weapon with a mind of its own. Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination on the other hand, are created solely for the Lich King and serve his purpose, both as a weapon and as his prison.

1 Like

Apocalypse was more powerful than Frostmourne. It could actually eat demon souls.

6 Likes

I guess people forget the Frost tree from WotLK had talents such as Threat of Thassarian, and Nerves of Cold Steel.

Both focused on Dual-Weilding :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I guess people forget that they specifically needed those talents to make Dual Wield come even close to two-handed damage. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

And talents that did promote specific 2H empowerment, were not in the Frost tree.

Like I said, Frost promoted dual-weilding (not 2H). Though if you’re going to talk balance, WotLK had very little of it, so your point is underwhelming.

Frost still promoted dual-welding, despite the overall kit functioning as 2H baseline. But I guess some don’t understand that…

3 Likes

The most balanced classes have ever been was the final (non prepatch) patch of Mists of Pandaria.

Frost DK excelled with two handed obliterate.

4 Likes

Yet you’re missing the fact that WotLK, where the spec was introduced, offered the option for dual-weilding.

Specifically in the Frost tree.

Despite the overall strengths of how it played, the option to switch to dual-weilding was specifically in the Frost tree.

2 Likes

It pisses me off to no end as well, OP.

Blizzard effed up BIG time during Legion.

I don’t even know how this class fantasy crap and weapon restriction got past the white board.

6 Likes