Can Blizz stop insulting frost DKs thru lore?

If players continue to get screwed over by not allowing frost 2h, then Bolvar should have had two maces or whatever when he fought Sylvanas. And also retconned Frostmourne as a set of one hand swords…you know…b/c 2h mechanics is tuff…

I don’t know a single Deathknight hero who is spec-ed frost and Dual wields in WoW lore.

Just a thought…

9 Likes

uh Thassarian does dw fyi

9 Likes

okay…we got one…bet you can name numerous of unholy/frost 2h wielding heroes yet only a few who frost DW…

We have accepted on the premise of balance (something that has never been achieved and never will be achieved) of classes/specs that frost had to forfeit half a spec…thats ludacris.

4 Likes

Yes, he dws two 2Hs.

7 Likes

Hmm musta been a warrior before the change

Wish we could have brought some abilities from what we were before

Anywho I think he’s the only one

2 Likes

Numerous weapon models have been used as both one-handed and two-handed. Odds are significantly more likely that they just reused the model, than that Thassarian has a unique capability that isn’t ever mentioned.

npcs dont have specs. that is a player balancing mechanic.

a few death knights that dual wield

Thassarian, Darion Mograine for a good chunk of wrath of the lich king dual wielded Slayer of the Lifeless, Marwynn from halls of reflection.

Lorewise nothing in established lore says death knights can only wield 2handed weapons. Runeforging lorewise actually establishes we can take any weapon we find and turn it into a rune blade.

10 Likes

Eh, whatever the case. He is not a good example for the argument. All I really wanted to get at.

I agree with this statement. It was established in WotLK gameplay that Death Knights could use both two-handed weapons and two one-handed weapons. I think we should return to those day. Especially now that we are moving away from specs and back to classes.

4 Likes

We aren’t moving away from specs. The class is just going to get some class abilities back so it feels more like a class where specialization are just that, you specialize in something, that doesn’t and shouldn’t mean frost doesn’t use plague strike, or unholy doesn’t use icy tough, or blood doesn’t use either, or blood tap doesn’t exist or whatever else. Each spec had a focus, but it wasn’t a class in itself and they shared a lot. Like death rune conversion in wrath.

1 Like

That’s what I was saying. Back to how it was in Cata, MoP and WoD. I wasn’t saying that they were abandoning specs all together. What I would really like them to do is go back to WotLK Talent Trees, but that is a dream.

5 Likes

Well classic being somewhat popular and the failure of the new talent system for the most part, I think it would be a boon to go back to that type of talent tree.

Im quite tired of the whole, pick this if you want to ale, pick this for obliterate frost damage every 8 seconds. I would even say it would be easier to balance. How many possibilities are there right now for the current talent system? It’s a fools errand to think each and every different talent choice is going to be balanced and viable. There is still the cookie cutter builds. Though you might have some slight options with how it is now I dont think it really accomplishes much over the old talent system.

2 Likes

Game lore and game mechanics are two different things…

But with the post you’ve made… you’re either trolling or brain cells were too rotten when reincarnated as a DK.

6 Likes

For down time on the boss we need icy touch and death coil back for builders and spenders

AA always gens rp and Ff just does damage

For a ranged heal bring back death scyphon
For an only used at range and death strike needs to be off that 5 sec rule for dps

That wasn’t a retcon at all

im saying to retcon Frostmourne as a set of swords so that it falls in line with what players have to work with…if you are going to have lore that DKs can do 2h and 1h weapons, then the player SHOULD be able to do so otherwise the possibility of immersive gameplay is zero.

2 Likes

If you want to talk lore-wise for class:
All warriors can dual wield 2h weapons - Arms don’t do this because they are a more effective fighter with one with that style of combat.
All rogues can wield swords - Assassination use daggers because they’re more effective.
All DKs can wield 2 handers - Frost doesn’t because they’re more effective like that.

If you want to focus on lore associated with class versus their spec and how that was related to Arthas:

Also, remember Arthus was more portrayed primarily as an unholy dk (having a castle of ice doesn’t make you a frost dk): He used remorseless winter and ice sphere as his only two frost moves; otherwise, he had necrotic plague, infest, lots of summon ghouls (aotd), defile, and summon valkyr.

If you want 2h frost back, you need to want it for the right reasons (instead of making up lore to fit your fantasy over what is established)

5 Likes

DW is to DKs
like…
2H is to DHs

But if they added a 2H spec to DH, they would quickly add a 2H DH NPC and tell us were all crazy for thinking DHs should DW per their lore.

4 Likes

There already is a 2h demon hunter.

4 Likes

Perfect, that one anomaly serves as justification to turn the Demon Hunter DPS spec to a 2H only spec. I’m sure Demon Hunters won’t mind. We can add in a DW Demon Hunter felhunter perma-pet spec to compensate all those Illidan wannabes. Maybe Demon Hunters can have those elementals as pets too!

1 Like

Who said anything about a 2h only spec for DH? Or a DW only spec for Frost? I have seen 2h supporters want a 2h only class, or 2h only Frost.

Just said that there is already a 2h Demon Hunter. That demon hunter was also used as an example that Demon Hunters should be able to use Polearms.

1 Like