I mained 2hand frost dk for 7 years

I didn’t care if it was good or bad, because no mater what I would try to make what I liked work and have fun doing it. It just so happened that most of the 7 years I played my DK it was stupidly good. But good or bad, it was MY class and MY class fantasy. Everything I try and play now I just can’t get behind, I don’t enjoy any spec like I did my DK for all those years. I fell in love with arms warrior in 7.1, and mained it in legion until after BFA launched, but I don’t like it nearly as much anymore either and am struggling to find anything I enjoy playing anymore. Even if they let me use my big, overcompensating weapon again for frost, the whole spec has changed drastically from the last time I played it. I’m just stuck and really don’t know what to do at this point. I want my class back.

92 Likes

The best part about them removing 2hand frost was the fact most people can’t maximize their dps like the top 3% that said 2hand frost sucked so even if you went into a pug and were very good at playing 2hand frost most of the time you doing far better then someone playing 1hand or just under someone that was also good at playing 1hander by only a small amount of dps.

Had 3 DK’s in our raid grp back in MoP the other 2 used the talents/enchants icyvains told them and they used 1handers. I stuck with my 2hander and was always top dps in the grp just because they could not maximize their dps with that play stile.

14 Likes

I had similar experiences.

I was keeping pace with our dw frost DK in late MoP once I got a decent 2h. This was back when I was raiding 10/25H SoO that turned into Mythic SoO. I’d tried dw frost multiple times in MoP but I simply didn’t enjoy it and I couldn’t find any decent 1h xmogs that sheathed on the back either (well there’s 1 1h xmog that I’m tired of and want to change but there’s no other good ones).

At the end of WoD one of the DKs in my normal HFC raid was asking me to explain 2h frost because he wantend to improve and I was the top dps out of the DKs in our group.

I miss 2h frost and it’s been hard playing my DK ever since because I’m forced to dw as frost.

13 Likes

i don’t remember were i got this:

Such a shame,
our spec is lame.
Such a pity,
class death by committee.
Even with necromantic powers,
we can’t raise what is ours.
Not forgotten but lost,
our favorite two hand frost.

48 Likes

i raided Mythic HFC as 2h frost even though duel wield and unholy were both better. Yolo fam

9 Likes

yeah why on earth is a slow, plate-wearing icy knight of death a fast-paced dual wielder? He should be a massive, lumbering silhouette you can barely see through the blizzard. All you can make out is the gigantic axe this undead monstrosity is gripping menacingly. You feel your soul weakening as his ghastly blizzard sucks the life out of you, and when you are too weak to run, soul dampened and muscles petrified from the cold, he executes you with one swoop of his battle axe.

Blizz: just make frost a monk spec with plate but no mobility.

They did the same thing w/ 2h shamans. Blizzard… we like 2 handers too.

32 Likes

Times change.

3 Likes

There’s a Q&A thread in the general forum. I asked the question about 2h frost and dw unholy (because I do personally think dw makes sense for unholy just like 2h makes sense for frost).

12 Likes

I’m usually Unholy. And I am sympathetic. But at this point, Legion and the Artifact weapons have passed us by and we will never again probably get a chance to wield a 2h full and whole Frostmourne. For that, I don’t think I’ll ever forgive Blizzard for taking away 2H Frost when it had such amazing potential that was simply squandered on a couple of knock off dual wielded 1hs.

17 Likes

I refer you to the above quote:

I never wanted any weapon proficency removed from any spec. I did not ask for unholy to be dw only (although imo it should be available). I did not ask for frost to be 2h only (although 2h frost should be an option that is available). All of the Legion weapon restrictions should be removed imo. Ideally 2h/dw unholy/frost would be balanced like 2h/dw MoP/WoD ww monk, but a cosmetic option to xmog from dw to 2h and vice versa might be the most realistic option.

Also, please read the forum rules when it comes to swearing and when it comes to flame posts.

8 Likes

I’d be happy for 2H Frost to be a thing again.

But if it ever came at the expense of Unholy 2H I’d be dead set against it.

I recognize that’s not what you are saying. But I am more beholden to Unholy than Frost and my character fantasy is 100% founded on Unholy 2H.

5 Likes

I understand. I feel the same way about 2h frost being removed as you would feel about 2h unholy being removed. My character fantasy is based completely on 2h frost.

I tried to clarify a lot in my post in the Q&A thread to make sure no one thinks that I’m advocating for losing dw frost and 2h unholy.

4 Likes

IMO the best solution would be to just drop DW entirely and make all 3 specs 2H, that way we could actually switch between specs with ease. right now even if i wanted to just try frost out i would need to go hunt down some 1Hrs close to my ilvl.

12 Likes

I think its funny when people get so defensive about people saying UH should be the DW spec.

It literally plays like we have daggers equipped with a 2h xmog right now. I guess those 15k FS crits really do it for you guys? lol

Edit:
It would be cool if blizzard actually did something new. Unholy With a flail in one hand and a rune slab in the other would be new and different and look cool. People hate different though.

1 Like

I think it’s funny that Frostophiles are still complaining about dual wield when they can just roll a demon hunter and still play with a garage door opener like that garbage spec Frost DK can.

3 Likes

They took that option away (probably permanently) when the Legion artifact for Frost was 2 one handers. I don’t see it coming back. Ever.

1 Like

The class fantasy should be a Knight of death that wields a two-handed rune blade. In Legion they only made Frost DW to separate the specs. Not because it was the midmax option like some tend to believe (cause if that was the case it would have had the DW playstyle).

I played 2H Frost since I started back in Cata. I became proficient at it and even out dpsed people who DW. In WoD, there was a 3-5% difference in DPS during BRF, with DW having the advantage. It has a special place in my heart for more reasons than just looks. Though I won’t disagree that it fit the aethstetic I was going for when I played my character. You know, like an RPG would.

I was never a fan of Unholy until BFA because I didn’t like pets, but I play it now because Frost is absolutely trash this tier. I hate how it plays and feels to play. I miss my 2H.

That being said, I don’t want Unholy to become DW either. We shouldn’t have to lose to gain something. Frost needs an overall revamp.

11 Likes

I pvp’d 5 v 1 Arms in BC, and frost 15 v 1 in Cata, I miss a respectable 2h frost dk.

4 Likes

B4 anyone ask’s, pre-nerf death strike was a heck of a drug.

3 Likes

When I think of DKs conjured weapons come to mind.

1 Like