Here is a fact for you

I disagree politely

Personally i never use my mount to go to anything but a timed event or WB.

I run to NMD’s to get all the exp i can, plus as bad as the loot is im never sure what trash mob might drop something good.

If your going to transport to dungeons why have a world at all ?

Why not fast travel to the boss or end room of that same dungeon ?

The world and journey are important, if you fast travel there goes the random encounter of the Butcher and other stuff.

Fast traveling you might miss an orange event that drops that loot youve always needed.

Fast traveling everywhere just get ppl to finish the game faster and then ask why was the game so short.

You can want what you want, and ask for it but imo the journey is important and once the game gets fleshed out who knows what all will be in the world on the way.

1 Like

I think directly transporting to the dungeon is fine.

It makes no sense for me to run threw a gimped world that I has nothing to offer.

Why force someone to run through the world, when they won’t engage the mobs.

If you want to run to the dungeon, go do it.

I refuse to do some thing like that. Complete waste of time.

There are other ways to incentivize the open world, running to the dungeon isn’t one of them. Find something else.

I think they should employ distance to town level bands. The further you are away from a major “city or town” the higher the mob levels are. Then place events in those bands that are worth farming and doing in those areas. This will open up the open world and make it worth while. Those random small cellar dungeons? You could totally make them slightly bigger, 1/4 size of a dungeon and have them spawn relative to the bands and give great loot.

Of course everything is a integrated, for the dungeons to be worth while, the loot has to be worthwhile, the loot has itemization issues and scaling issues. After you are getting ancestrals, the gearing essentially stalls to stops so somewhere around 80 you really have a problem with loot.

Power wise due to glyph levelling and paragon, you scale up for NMs but the true chase of equipment is gone, so it turns into a slogfest.

having to deal with customers myself, daily, only like 1 out of 100 is ever flaming mad about anything, swearing, throwing a tantrum, whatever

gaming forums, the opposite: its 100 crybabies to 1 level headed person

so one of two things:

the forum anonymity gives people license to behave like rotten little brats; or

we are dealing with rotten little brats aged 14-40 who are not socialized properly and dont know how to deal with other people. (basement dwellers and literal children)

2 Likes

whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa turbo

I never said you couldnt do anything.

I simply relayed my choice and opinion. You are free to do anthing you want, if the option to TP to a dungeon entrance or loot room " I " wont use it, YOU can you it 10000x a day.

This was my last line

" You can want what you want, and ask for it but imo the journey is important and once the game gets fleshed out who knows what all will be in the world on the way. "

1 Like

Lol gotcha, yeah I would prefer that it be left as it is. Some people like that run, that’s cool. No problem and there is utility in it for some people absolutely.

But, at 80 plus and you’re kinda forced into that NM end game, it would totally suck having to run to the dungeons although there are only really like 10-15 you do and even less S / A tier.

There have been a lot of studies about forums and the anonymity the internet gives people that allows them to feel that they can behave badly.

Do people act differently online than they do in person?

Yes. This phenomenon is known as the online disinhibition effect. Essentially, being online lowers your inhibitions. This often results in people either behaving meaner, or opening up more online than they normally would in face to face conversations. When people act meaner online it can lead to hostile online environments. This is what researchers call “toxic disinhibition.” Conversely, when people open up more freely online than in person– they can often feel more connected to online users, which creates a supportive online environment. Researchers call this “benign disinhibition.”

i think it might actually be a combination of both scenarios i mentioned,

I got my 1st toon to 78 i think and gave up.

Made a sorc cuz i never play one and have it to 58ish.

If theres no patches to add/balance things i think 80 will be its end date too.

Cant even imagine doing the same content to lvl 100.

Gesides there was a study done that found after lvl 40 the loot doesnt really change and after 70 i think the drop rate for the uber ultra rare stuff drops off a cliff so theres no real incentive to play past 70-80 imo

google this

Diablo 4 stats boffin grinds over 400 Nightmare dungeons in 18 days

1 Like

I understand your point but not sure if the quote above is a fact unless you got some proof that these folks are responsible for the improvements. It could be the X folks or YT folks.

the CM said they take feedback from several different sources, these forums being 1 but nothing said here is fully responsible for anything besides flame wars and internet thugs trying to " win " imaginary battles.

1 just today even said " he smoked me " as if it really meant that much to him/her, i let him have it and walked away, sounds like he really needed it tbh.

1 Like

I think there’s a lot of constructive feedback mixed with toxicity.

And yes there are a lot of “winning” things going on. And at the same time a lot of 'baiting" going on as well. people setting up straw men or saying purposeful triggering things to set up a debate.

I think Ben Shapiro would have fun in this milieu.

We didn’t ask them to nerf the rest of the game while they were at it, that collosal mess up was all them.

1 Like

yes, “you” did, as players were whining open world was too hard, so level scaling was nuked. so they buffed NMDs rewards, and reduced open world rewards, and normal dungeons as well as they scale.

well done and brava!

Table of Contents of my complaining posts!
x1. Improvements, Fixes, QoL = 30 Improvements, Fixes, QoL
x2. Calendar = Calendar System Makes Happy Eyeballs
x3. Companion App = Diablo 4 Mobile Companion App
x4. Paragon Stones = Paragon Stones give spinach muscled arms!
x5. Obol Vendor = Obol Vendor becomes a conglomerate!
x6. Build Safezone = Build your own Safezone and gain bonuses with components!
x7. FLEX = NEW FLEX affix is approved by Arnold Schwarzenegger
x8. Shrines = Expanded Shrine System gives better mojo ⛪
x9. Set Items = Set items get Deckard Cain to stay awhile and listen
x10. Treasure Gremlin = Treasure Gremlins are pregnant with goblins!
x11. Empowerment Levels = Empowerment levels gives players purpose at LV 100!
x12. Nightmare Dungeon Affixes = Nightmare Dungeon Affixes can git gud with this updated system! 👍
x13. ChallengeDungeons = Challenge Dungeons make you git gud!
x14. Dungeon Rarity = Dungeon Rarity brings all the boys to the yard!
x15. Legendry Glyphs = Legendary Glyphs make pp into PP
x16. New Helltides = This Updated Helltide system has chance for hell to freeze over. 👿
x17. Eternal Game Modes = NEW Eternal Game Modes are a spicy meatball! 🧆
x18. Events = Event Rarity Makes People Borat I am Excite! 💖
x19. Primals = Octimus Primals! 🕗
x20. Crafting = Why did you Make like a Crafting Skill Tree and 🥬 this out!
x21. Reputation Crafters = Reputation Vendors / Crafters are a Hikaru Juicer 🧃
x22. Gems = He went to Jared to get this Gems upgrade! 💎
x23. Upgraded Occulist = Occulist covets your gems and is not Adam Sandler
x24. Nexus = Live long and prosper with Nexus. New content for high level players. 🖖

I support this sentiment. We need to affirm people with constructive criticism. Not been enough of that. Also need to point out when people aren’t being constructive or helpful.

1 Like

Donut, who made those changes?

Blizzard.

Who are you saying well done and brava to? Blizzard?

Complaining is fine. Why are you discouraging it?

I doubt you are trying to say if we complain, Blizzard will punish us so leave it alone? or do you feel blizzard is so incompetent that we shouldn’t ask for anything because it has a better change of getting worse? LOL.

the developer did, after listening to the community. sounds like youre advocating they dont listen to the community then to avoid making the game worse, so what is the purpose of complaining in the first place?

shot yourself in the foot with that post.

Donut, I don’t care if I shot myself.

I am trying to understand your point?

What are playing supposed to do if they ahve a problem with the game?

lay out their thoughts in a reasonable manner instead of kicking and crying like toddlers. the screaming hordes of children often dont understand what they actually want or are asking for, and have little to no foresight, so they should be ignored. their kicking and screaming and blizzards kneejerk reaction to nerfing half the game backfired. hopefully blizzard learned their lesson

youll find gaming forums are short on reasonable people. a rarer occurrence than francium, and much like francium, they dont last very long after taking a look around at all the crying manchildren, who end up absorbing their vibrant energetic ideas like lead and weighing everyone else down along with them with their high density and low melting point (because they are also snowflakes, but interestingly, lead also has a “low” melting point)

Yeah, but how much control can you really exist over this. I mean complaining about how people complain - I get it. I have worked customer service and managed it at one time, so I have a different view on customers and their problems and how they should be addressed.

I am an avid consumer advocate especially on the health care side. If you think this is bad…well… health care — law suits — millions of dollars and the tensions are higher.

Oh an donut, lol, it’s me “complaining” about your complaining about complaining, so lol, it is extremely deep and layered. hAHHAHA

I agree though we could as consumers be much more thougthful and respectful in our approach. I do cross the line myself probably due to the psychology behind anonymity and the internet, but it’s not okay for me to do it either. I have my moments of weakness.