Expanded Shrine System gives better mojo ⛪

Part 8 of my posts to try and get D4 improved. I am going to post one-three ideas per day for a month then post a table of contents at the end. Hopefully these can gain some upvotes and dev attention or comment! I was going to just do one post but it would have been way too big. Please upvote and keep it positive guys!!
:shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine: :shinto_shrine:

Shrines are upgraded and more shrines are added. All shrines would be more rare but boosted power / rewarding.
A) Greed - Gold gained substancially increased. 5x-10x.
B) Channeling - Cooldowns completely removed and resource costs are 0.
C) Artillery - Also shoot random mortars.
D) Blast Wave - Larger radius.
E) Conduit - You automatically attack creatures in range.
F) Protection - Gain 25% more movement speed.
G) Lethal - Also gain 25% critical hit damage.

Added Shrines

1. Riches - Monsters have a chance drop craft parts, extra gold, potions, and herbs when defeated.
  2. Bandit - A rare shrine that 5-15 random goblins quickly portal in one at a time over the duration of shrine.
  3. Meteor - Meteors rain down around you and hurt enemies.
  4. Bard - 100% bonus magic find per person in your party and still 100% if you are alone. Changes the in game music while active to a soothing bard song.
  5. Mercenary - Creates a random event at your location. This event will have 3 chests instead of one if completed and have more monsters. Complete it for the Mercenary buff = 10 min buff that grants 100% more event xp.
  6. Clone - An invulnerable copy of your player follow you and performs your attacks.
  7. Mimic - The Shrine impersonates another basic shrine like greed or blast wave but when clicked turns to a mimic shrine and attacks you! Defeat it for 2 chests and the mimic shrine buff. This buff makes your town portal instant and lasts for 10 minutes.
  8. Butchering - Summons 3 Butchers at your location. You gonna die! IF you manage to somehow beat them, 5 chests, 1000 obols, and 25 forgotton souls await you and the Butchering Buff = 10m of bonus 50% crit damage.
  9. Vault - A rare shrine that opens a portal to a new zone full of monsters, goblins, loot, chests, ect. You have 4 ressurrects in this zone.
  10. Infested Vault - An extremely rare shrine that opens a portal to a new zone chock full of monsters, goblins, loot, chests, ect. This is the Vault zone on steroids. You will be lucky to find this shrine once a week
    and you only have 1 ressurrect in this zone so get a party!
  11. The One - A rare shrine that grants 500% magic find and 1000% gold dropped but you only have 1 life.
  12. Anarchy - You gain Lethal, Protection, Blase Wave, Artillery, Channeling, Greed, Meteor, and Riches at 25% power.
  13. Core - After casting a core skill, trigger all other core skills of your player on the same target.
  14. Hell - Groups of elites will warp in and attack you.
  15. Regret - This is the 2nd rarest shrine in the game. This refunds all your paragon and skill points for free and has a confirmation window appearing in top right to avoid mis clicking.
  16. Time - This is the rarest shrine in the game and gives +1 paragon point and +1 skill point the first time used per character. Uses after the first time will give you max attack speed.

Shrine modifiers can roll as prefix and suffixes. A shrine can have two of these at random, but it would be rare. Shrines with no duration like time are treated as having a duration like other basic shrines like artillery.
Most shrines just have 1 prefix or 1 suffix.

An example is provided:
Infernal Artillery Shrine of the Extended. This would end up with a duration bonus of 150%!

PREFIX

1. Infernal - A harder version of the cursed shrine. The cleansed version of this shrine will have 100% longer duration.
  2. Diabolical - The hardest version of the cursed shrine. The cleansed version of this shrine will have 150% longer duration.
  3. Rare - Shrine drops 2-5 rare items.
  4. Legendary - Shrine drops 1 legendary item. Rare prefix.
  5. Unique - Shrine drops 1 unique item. Very rare prefix.
  6. Hyper - Gain 200% movement speed.
  7. Miniature - 50% less duration. Killing an enemy adds 1 second to the shrine duration. This will not spawn on vault, bandit, mercenary, butchering, or regret.
  8. Elite - Shrine spawns 3 sets of elite monsters.
  9. Ultimate - Your ultimate has no cooldown and deals double damage.
  10. Monstrous - Spawns the Butcher somewhere in the map.

SUFFIX

1. Raged - 50% attack speed.
  2. Concentrated - 50% more effect. This rolled on Bandit would be nuts!!
  3. Mastered - 10% more experience, 33% more effect, 33% more duration, 25% CD, and +2 all skills.
  4. Extended - 50% more duration.
  5. Portaled - 6 nightmare portals open around your player.
  6. Drained - Gain 1% life drain.
  7. Learned - 50% more experience.
  8. Trained - 25% more experience.
  9. Skilled - All skills +4.
  10. Cooled - 50% reduced cooldown.

Other shrine related changes:

1. Remove shrine duration from rolls on items. It is just a dead roll nobody wants unless you use my new system on shrines and then maybe its playable with increased stats on duration extension.
  2. Shrines are in populated areas. You will no longer find a conduit shrine and then no monsters as an example.

Thanks for reading and as always be happy, stay awhile and listen, and click all shrines!

6 Likes

Love some creativity there =)

1 Like

Nice ideas. Would seriously make the game more enjoyable.

1 Like

I agree with everything listed. Blizzard needs to hire this guy for sure.

1 Like

Stronger but rarer shrines would just make it feel even more RNGish. Like pylon fishing in D3.

Shrines should not give direct power boosts at all tbh.
Power should come from our builds and items, not from randomly clicking a shrine along the way.

Have shrines that spawn one or more goblins. Or gives a glyph upgrade. A boss spawn that drops a guaranteed unique.
A random teleport to Greeds realm. Or whatever. Fun stuff that breaks up the gameplay. Instead of just adding a zero to your dmg or whatever.

So yeah, some good ideas for shrine in the OP that don’t add power. Plenty of things you can do with cursed shrines too.
But no my pylon shrines etc.

Xcalibur you are the bestest.

Really appreciates your creativity efforts all around, in multiple posts =)

I hope the dev teams, get some inspiration ! :smiley:

1 Like

Or…just get rid of Shrines and put more randomly scripted Events and Nemesis enemies in the game.

Shrine timers need to be increased. You can also add in ways to extend the timers (by killing mobs/elites/picking up gold/items, etc.

2 Likes

Season mechanic tied all to shrines might be cool.

True. I want them to focus on the core game first, before worrying about what seasons could include.

I like some of these ideas, others not so much but

keep it up

1 Like