Event Rarity Makes People Borat I am Excite! đź’–

Part 18 of my posts to try and get D4 improved. I am going to post one-three ideas per day for a month then post a table of contents at the end. Hopefully these can gain some upvotes and dev attention or comment! I was going to just do one post but it would have been way too big. Please upvote and keep it positive guys!!

EVENTs now have rarities. Legendary and Mythic events can be seen on map of that zone even while not in range.

Common (white event symbol): Events we currenty have. 54% Chance.
Magic (blue event symbol): 25% chance for 2 chests. 25%.
Rare (yellow event symbol): 50% chance for 2 chests. 15%.
Legendary (orange event symbol): 2 chests. At least one legendary. 5%
Mythic: (purple event symbol) 3 chests. At least one unique. 1%

Thanks for reading and as always be happy, get the bonus all events, and eventually you will get prime goods!

3 Likes

Rarity is one of the biggest things in these type of games. Its always fun to get a unique/legendary but diablo found a way to make it kinda boring. No unique maps, no unique anything except for another poop rare item with a aspect I dont need. Way to play it safe and dumb.

1 Like

IF they just embraced this system into everything game would take off.

Events could be something that are dramatically improved upon. I think my biggest issue with them is that every time you run into them, they are the same. They need to have more randomness introduced, from length of time, to layouts, to numbers of chests (hell, make “Mastery” mean something!) I don’t like the emersion-breaking chest that pops out upon completion though. I would rather just see the items shower out upon completion.

2 Likes

Yes events would gain loot pinata with this system.

Hi Urza nice to meet you here!

It’s an interesting idea for categorizing events.

I would like to ask you the following questions, just to brainstorm (if you allow me).

1 - How long does each type of event take?

I ask because if a mythic event lasts 30 minutes and only gives you one unique item (which you don’t choose), it may not be attractive to players who can simply repeat loops that grant them the same loot in less time. (unfortunately the time factor in this type of game is crucial to understanding how the players will move).

Is it possible that you can choose the type of unique object? but does it have its own random characteristics? It sounds very strong to me but it would be suitable for an event of such rarity, if it also lasts that long in terms of time.

What do you think?

2 - what do the lower rarity events offer? Why should a player choose them?

Isn’t it better to divide events by type? an event that gives a lot of exp, one that gives a lot of materials, one that gives a free upgrade to something?

This brings choice to players based on their needs and extends the time players will participate (needing each type of event).

What do you think?

1 Like

so events for items?
ive gotten two occy off durry
but 3 off nm dungeons alone in one day, sadly.
it feels like its a d3 primal unlock though… even if its not. I never saw one till it dropped, now im getting them left and right lol I think i have on holding up my end table as we speak.
you will find the majority will literally go google hunting to find the quickest route to the item they want… kill a fallen 250 items for a shako but durry say 20
lol i say 20 because it took that long to get one.
RNGesus took a vacation this season, he left his little known cousin RNGebus in charge of all the drops it seems

dont get me wrong ya ideas have merits and all

Hi there. This event system just embraces rarity system more so when you hit better rarity events you get excited. This is what they need to bring into every aspect of game.

All events take the same amount of time.

All events are random. Nobody is choosing anything. So instead of every event being common like now you have a small chance at mythic and other rarities for more loot.
Perhaps more enemies spawn too to make it harder on mythic but overall time if you kill them fast enough is the same.
Example would be Mythic Wanderer event. It could spawn mobs from more directions and if you win you get 3 chests and at least 1 unique is in the 3 chests.

More events with different rewards like mats or free upgrades are cool.