Please fix the BLOAT of affixes

Considering the bloat of affixes, the escalating enchanting costs are exorbitant and nothing more than another time sink in a game riddled with them.
Enchanting has become ridiculous. I have found ONE decent neck and I’m 97.
And I am now at over 18 MILLION for a reroll.

This is BULL PUCKY!

Please get your heads out of Rod Fergusson’s malignant tunnel and address this before season 2 starts.

Thank you.

28 Likes

Agree. everytime I reroll a couple times and lose all my money I quit for the day or week. Definitely not spending in shop while I do this. ITs a major turn off.

11 Likes

I suggest they remove shrine duration affix. ITs useless.

Other changes to fix this are let occulist enchant 3 things and give a use for extra gems to have favored affixes if you sacrifice some of them in an enchant roll. Ruby could be life so you put in 1-5 flawless ruby and you have a chance to get life roll with 5 making it 100%. This also removes gems from game.

Maybe add a forgiveness system. Enchant at item 10 times and you can choose what you get on 11th and then 21rst, ect.

6 Likes

Even just give you 4 total choices when enchanting, get rid of affixes no one uses at endgame and make it so affixes are always different when rolling from one.

3 Likes

Indeed or just remove shrines in general since they are useless and last like 5 seconds.

2 Likes

I have a post that makes shrines cooler.

Shrines = Expanded Shrine System gives better mojo ⛪

2 Likes

I approve this proctological turn of phrase.

3 Likes

But they add depth to the game…

/s

1 Like

Depth of despair maybe lol.

18 mil/roll.
I assume you hit the lotto and actually found a “lengendary” with good stats.
It probably had a bad Aspect so you replaced it, as it was prob 3/4, and imprinted your desired Aspect on it.
Hence it was 2-3x a “Rare” base sale value and your enchanting costs are scaling off of it and are through the roof.

Imagine if we could - Destroy Aspect - and keep the Base Item.
You’d have had double to triple the rolls(if in fact this item initially dropped as an Aspect Taxi “Legendary” which I kind of assume it did).

1 Like

The affix bloat in this game puts car dealership add ons and bloatware in new laptops to shame.

Actually, it’s probably worse than both put together!

Suggestions to fix include:

Classes that do not have actual mechanics for a stat such as Overpower on Rogue and Sorcerer items should not get those affixes, ever.

Compress the additive damage bucket down MASSIVELY. Even if they were mathematically good, affixes that shoehorn damage types on top of aspects that shoehorn gameplay only leads to excessively restrictive itemization. This is a detrimental effect and not a good aspect of game design.

1 Like

I’ve got a hot take I’m sure quite a few will disagree with. I think that when enchanting, we should have the same options as the number of affixes already on gear. Having two options during early leveling is fine, but once you get into sacred and then eventually ancestral gear, with all the possible affixes, only two options is simply not enough. A piece of gear with 4 affixes already present in a world full of affixes should give 4 options at enchanting.

In the future though I’m of the belief the gear affix system needs to be reworked or we just need more options at the occultist.

1 Like

Unless you have Ahavrion or they give something else a similar effect, like potions currently do in the current season of d3. Then shrine duration is pretty damn good.

Maybe 500 ppl actually have that item. Nobody cares. Remove the affix. IF you are worried u will get that item and miss out on shrine duration rolls then they could only have that roll show up if you own the item and have it equipped.

Didnt D3 have a a similar item affix situation at launch ? and they streamlined it all several months later which bought massive sighs of relief. Yet here we are again.

1 Like

When you reroll an affix and the same affixes appear again, feels SO BAD. Also yes, why is shrine duration an affix?

If resistances aren’t massively buffed or completely overhauled for season 2, those should be removed too.

1 Like

What? 25% gold increase not good enough for you to cover the cost?

2 Likes

You could always do the many and multiple gold exploits floating around so you can reroll stuff infinitely until you get the perfect roll. The PvP shards can be used to buy infinite items to vendor for mats and gold.

Interesting idea. I’ve actually been farming mobs in the pvp zone for the past couple of days and the whole time nobody has bothered me.
Maybe once I buy all the pvp cosmetics, I’ll give that a try.

Shrine buff duration actually does something. It’s not all that useful but it does something. Now damage increase while injured now that does virtually nothing as by the time you hit the injured threshold you that extra damage is superfluous and does virtually nothing.