Will the Kaldorei lose Darkshore?

But you’re playing a Blood Elf. Do you really want to lose Quel’Thalas?

Yep. I’m completely okay with sacrificing my own home city to get faction-controlled continents.

I’m totally fine with the High Elves and Void Elves retaking Silvermoon.

And us poor Blood Elves getting massacred…

…and then getting raised as Darkfallen, the REAL Blood Elves.

And then we can make our new home in the World Stump. Muhahahahahaaa!

5 Likes

Everything you said is absolute garbage. Stop putting this crap out there for Danuser and Golden to read.

4 Likes

This is a dumb plan that they seem to have dropped. Gentrifying the continents into colors is a great way to remove life and variety from the game, and make it feel artificial and bland.

But what the others have said. Kaldorei win Darkshore. Horde will probably win whatever the next warfronts are.

I kind’ve feel the need to wash my eyes in disgust after reading your post.

13 Likes

The bulk of the Horde’s troops are busy getting slaughtered elsewhere right now. If the Night elves don’t act now, they won’t have a home left to go back to.

History has shown otherwise. The Kal’dorei will only lose more of their identity. They have more of it than the other alliance races, so Blizzard is always eager to strip them of it and turn them into purple high elves.

They will. Either its “providing aid” or whatever else, Stormwind and Anduin will be involved to showcase yet another race dependent on them and how everyone is dependent on humanity for guidance and leadership in this so-called “Alliance.”

8 Likes

Kaldorei !

I agree with your post though ! I feel that the NE are the race the more connected to their territory and should never get pushed out of it.

3 Likes

I’m biased because I have very obvious dog in this race, but i’ll just say: A common sentiment is that cultures grow with wherever they go, but not every culture is independent of the land they are on. Uproot the culture from the land, cut off it’s roots, and the culture will wither and die, at best becoming a shadow of itself…at worse ceasing to be entirely.

Kaldori and Forsaken culture revolves around the land they live on, if we do not get it back it bodes ill for both races.

17 Likes

To be honest, this always felt a bit off for the Forsaken. I feel like their culture exists anywhere just fine. They’re not all from Lordaeron, as an example. Heck, Sylvanas raised a small army of Kirin Tor during Cataclysm.

2 Likes

Even if they aren’t all Lordanians, a large section of their population is and Forsaken culture was built in the catacombs of Undercity. What makes the Forsaken unique is they built what is, basically, an inversion of traditional Lordanian values over the corpse of what had essentially been World of Warcrafts version of Jerusalem.

Sure they would probably adapt easier then the Night Elves to building in Ashenvale, but whatever society they constructed would be a lot less powerful as a statement if it was carved out of the stump of the world tree. That history of enduring the persecution of humanity, of building a home in the ruins of an old empire from which many of them lived, would just kinda vanish.

That would be a spit in the face of the Night Elves, rather then the humans who they had always been in opposition to.

3 Likes

Forsaken need to relocate to Theramore. A good sized stategically located Kalimdor city…of dead humans.

It’s perfect.

3 Likes

I mean that’s not a city, that a crater. :stuck_out_tongue:

Beyond that it’d feel kind of…weird? Hilariously during Tides of War, Sylvanas and the Forsaken were one of the few groups to argue against attacking Theramore. Living in the ruins of something Garrosh conquered, rather then something we carved out with our own hands feels…odd.

4 Likes

Yes because you want this faction war to continue until next expansion. Lets face if, if the Forsaken even tried that you know Jaina will never stop hunting them.

Implying that we won’t be getting attacked by Tyrande forever as is. Like it or not, at this point the faction conflict ever ending in a reasonable way is unlikely.

Not unless Anduin just wants to dismiss thousands of dead Night Elves anyway.

2 Likes

Well Blizzard certain has an ending in mind. Presumably one where the faction conflict wont be a factor next expansion. Which means it will wrap up this expansion. The only question is: will people be satisfied with the ending?

Oh Darrethy, you know that’s exactly what’s going to happen. “Genocide? What genocide? I don’t remember any dead elves. Peace forever!”

I can safely say they will not. The Horde will never answer for their crimes in a way that they should because of the two faction system trumping actual storytelling.

6 Likes

No.

The answer is no. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Well, its not like anyone have a choice but to wait for the end. There is high chance none of us will like the ending. Blizzard though seems confident they believe people will like it.

Who gives a **** what she does. We already beat her once.

Just supposed to leave a strategic port lying useless because it might make one person(who, frankly, has more important things to do now) mad?

The Lordaeronians need someplace to go, because of her. Sounds like poetic justice to me.

2 Likes

Sounds like the beginning of another faction war to me. Who knows if the Forsaken does turn it into a faction capital, the Forsaken might end up the first race in WoW to lose their faction capital twice in WoW’s history.

1 Like

Going back to the OP, I think that canonically the Alliance side of Darkshore questing has to come after the Horde, because the Alliance fights an undead and corrupted version of Ivus after he was killed by the Horde during their quests.

So that’s in-game evidence that the Alliance is winning in Darkshore.

6 Likes