Will the Kaldorei lose Darkshore?

Personally, I feel like they should. It makes sense for the whole Horde-Kalimdor and Alliance-EK theory.

But it would probably upset the Night elf fans once again. Which I’m not sure Blizzard can afford. What do you guys think

3 Likes

There is a datamined cinematic and a quest about their final victory but we don’t know if it will be implemented soon or not.

2 Likes

The alliance is winning on all fronts right now, so no

1 Like

Just because they’re winning on the other fronts doesn’t mean they’ll win Darkshore. If anything Darkshore has to be their weakest point.

Speaking of, how do we know they’re winning Stromgarde?

2 Likes

There is no datamined cinematic victory or quest of their “victory”. There is only quests before the warfront, AND there is a cinematic before it.

I personally would like the Horde to win it, and Alliance to win Arathi. Push what they said at the start of the expansion, that we are pushing the opposite faction completely to the other continent.

7 Likes

Well what is this then ?

I am not saying this will 100 % be added but it really could since it didn’t make sense to add it while the Warfronts are still doable.

10 Likes

That is the quest and cinematic I was referring to. It is already in-game, and the cinematic has been slighty updated(such as no Mia and Genn). It is part of the quests before you can do the warfront.

2 Likes

No it is not, the other cinematic was datamined at the same time.

Moreover this one speak of “victory” whereas the other one is about starting the war they have nothing in common.

The quest is not in game either.

The reward from the quest is not in because it likely was scrapped. The reward it gives now comes from rares in Darkshore.

I am fairly certain the cinematic is a very early rendition of the live cinematic as well.

Check the date if you want they were datamined together so if one was meant to replace the other they wouldn’t have added the two of them in the same build.

Again, I am not saying this will be added soon maybe they never will. I think they planned to add it but thought it doesn’t make sense to win if the warfront still switch between Horde and Alliance so maybe they will add it later in the expansion. However, this does show that they intend the Kaldorei to win this warfront.

Everything I am finding is suggesting they are AT LEAST one month apart in PTR builds. All you have to do is simply look at the dates of your video then look up the updated one. They weren’t added at the same time.

The video you link was datamined and shared in November, while the more updated one was in December. Actually almost exactly a month apart.

Night elves losing Kalimdor means ruining Night elves forever.

35 Likes

Ah my bad, I got tricked by the “3 month ago” under both videos because we are the 10th today.

I still think the Kaldorei we will win, they will fight against Azshara in 8.2 so they have the leisure to do so, there is this cinematic showing what Blizzard intends/intended. But there is also the lore implications of the Night Warrior meaning nothing if they lose, and the usual trope of losing hard (Teldrassil) and then winning back ( from an logical/ meta point it would be very stupid to have the same race lose twice in a row).

In exchange the Horde will probably get a win in Silvermoon/ the Barrens or whatever they will add next.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s that serious but I can see how it’d be damaging to the image of the race.

1 Like

What better way to destroy what makes the night elves unique and turn them into something more… bland and generic. Blizzard’s never been able to pass up on a chance to take a steaming dump on Night Elves.

Not to mention faction being confined to a single continent means FaCtIoN cOnFlIcT needs even more asinine and contrived reasons to happen later.

17 Likes

If Blizzard is dead-set on the one-continent per faction route, then yes, the Night Elves will lose Darkshore, even though it’ll make little sense for them to do so while Tyrande is basically the Avatar of Elune’s Wrath and one-shots entire armies with a blink. It’ll also destroy the Night Elf culture and identity.

About the only saving grace in that scenario is that the Night Elves could grow as a people and a society into something else, but that is ignoring one teensy tiny small detail… THEY’RE PERFECTLY FINE, UNIQUE, AND AMAZING AS IS. Or you know… they would be if Blizzard stopped writing them as High Elves, and just let them be Night Elves.

13 Likes

The cinematic doesn’t play in game during the quests that introduce the Darkshore Warfront. You might be thinking of Tyrande’s Night Warrior transformation, which did play during the scenario in those quests.

And you’re right, an updated version of the datamined cinematic was found in December, which had music added, but Genn and Mia are still in it:

As far as the quest “A New Hope”, it is technically in game, oddly enough, just hasn’t been made accessible. However, if you have a Nightwreathed Watcher collected in your pet battle journal it will tell you there are three sources for it: Grimhorn for the Horde, Orwell Stevenson for the Alliance, and the quest “A New Hope”, though this could just be leftover data in the game that they missed removing.

Though, as far as things that were scrapped, because there’s only one general leading the Darkshore Warfront instead of several, I did a write up on analyzing the timeline based on what we have in game here:

4 Likes

The warfronts, all warfronts, will probably just remain in limbo forever like battlegrounds.

3 Likes

I don’t think we will be able to queue for them after BFA but even so they could give us an official outcome even if it is not in game. Like raids in Chronicles.

They better not.

They’ve already lost more than enough already, to lose almost all that remains of their territory will just render them all but inconsequential lorewise and paint them as far more weak than they should be.

They need to have a moment of triumph, and this is the perfect place for it: retaking their home and throwing out the Horde invaders that so callously despoiled it.

18 Likes