I'm tired of being humiliated

Have you played it as Horde yet?

Im pretty much at the point where im just logging on for arenas then ill catch up with the story next pre patch or something like that.

Btw I dont think anyone is really satisified with the story at this point, from any angle.

4 Likes

I have not logged onto any of my Horde characters since before the War of the Thorns event.

Since you’re implying having personally experience the Horde side, though, a question: Am I right that you have to save Belmont every time you play it?

Stage 3 – Free the Ensnared
      Save Master Apothecary Farenell and Deathstalker Commander Belmont from the Druids of the Branch.

I just got my warlock to 120 and am waiting for my first window there. but since that’s one of the stages, presumably so.

Been awhile since I played retail but yeah, that’s how it works I’m pretty sure. It’s on the run up to Bashal’Aran.

Even if mechanically it continues to switch sides, it will most likely get a canonical “ending” lore wise at the end of the expac, and my bet would be the night elves taking it.

1 Like

Belmont doesn’t show up in the Alliance version of the Darkshore Warfront proper at all. Nor does he show up on Darkshore when the Alliance is holding it for world quests. This implies to me that the Horde version of the Darkshore Warfront happens directly after the introductory questing - this would also explain how the Alliance had held Bashal’Aran in the introductory questing, but when the Alliance does the Darkshore Warfront proper the Horde is holding it. And that any cycling of the Darkshore Warfront is just for gameplay purposes. Additionally:

Of course, one can assume instead that Belmont is just getting himself captured over and over again off-screen and the Night Elves are able to cleanse Ivus of the blight over and over again as many times as the Horde plagues him with it. But over all that just looks like gameplay to me.

1 Like

new update goes live the 24th according to the launcher

We don’t cleanse Ivus… we destroy him.

I believe that is the case yes.

Unless you think the Horde and the Alliance trade Darkshore back and forth, then the question is how does the Horde fight him again the next week then?

1 Like

Blizzard has not revealed how either the Warfronts resolves. There isn’t a heroic version of it yet, like there is with Arathi and on the Heroic version you CAN lose your battle.

According to the ingame Warfront portal masters, trading back and forth is EXACTLY what happens.

I’ve yet to lose a Heroic Arathi.

I take it you read the world quest givers that send you to run dungeons again that you’ve already done means that the enemy NPCs and bosses literally respawn?

I’m referring to the portal masters text that says “Traveling into so and so is too dangerous until we take control again” (rough paraphrase)

Looking what I wrote above, this has been taken into account. The Night Elves took Darkshore in the introductory questing, so the Horde can’t go there until they take it back, and then when the Horde does take it back the Night Elves can’t go there until they take it back again, covering both portal masters. After that it’s just gameplay.

When the Warfront was first opened, the Night Elf/Alliance players were given first dibs. That’s why one of the top raiding guilds switched factions for that one week…to get the higher ilevel drops. They then switched back to get another dose of drops when it opened up for Forsaken/Horde players.

This is true. But that gameplay doesn’t match the narrative told by the content itself, as covered.

You had me until this point. Only a tiny fraction of the Horde fanbase (those that are rabid Sylvie cultists, or those that place nearly the entire Horde identity into being contrarian to the Blue Team) are enjoying this story … and even then I’m not so sure. Do not dare to presume that somehow WE red team players are somehow getting a positive experience out of BfA’s story at the Blue Team’s expense. It is extremely unfair to suggest such a thing. Also, as a side note … the Bilgewater are in the same boat with dropped story threads from Cata as the Worgen.

Bluntly, the Horde Faction has not been allowed a positive, heroic storyline of our own for over 4 expansions. MoP, WoD, and BfA have been absolutely disastrous for our faction pride and identity. Legion just downright ignored us, and did little to share in the Alliance’s impressive defeat of the Legion (outside of Order Halls … and even then). We’re constantly shown to be weak, pathetic, irredeemable monsters that pick fights with enemies we can never hope to win (unless Blizz handicaps them) … then get backburnered when an actual threat shows up.

Long story short, both sides have it bad. If its gotten to the point where you’re taking this hamfisted writing as a personal insult as you seem to be implying … take a break (hell, I’m enjoying the gunplay and loot of BL3 right now to distract myself from WoW).

9 Likes

Etheldald,

Even though we don’t see eye to eye on a lot of things, I feel like we’ve had some good chats in the past. I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling this way. Although it’s hard sometimes to step away, a break might be the best thing. Get some distance and perspective.

On a side note…

I honestly don’t know if I can explain it in a way that will make sense to someone as staunchly Alliance as yourself, but trust me, it was extremely humiliating. It didn’t feel like attacking enemy territory, even though Garrosh by then was our enemy. It wasn’t exciting or satisfying.

I say all this not to get into the “Who’s got it worse?” contest or to imply that your own complaints aren’t valid. I’m just trying to give you another answer to that question, since you asked. But if you’ve never had to play through begging the other side to help you clean up your side’s messes, I’m not sure how to explain why it feels so bad.

Anyway, back to the main point: a game or hobby should be fun. If it stops being fun, go do something that is fun instead. Even if it’s just for a while.

9 Likes

Yeah, we always have to free his stupid self from some vines right where you guys find the Tree of Life and that other Ancient.

1 Like

The Night Elves took back almost the entirety of kalimdor in Cata.

1 Like

I believe there is more than one possible interpretation of that content.