What happened to Tirisfal?

thats on you I dont care to prove to you that the lich king doesnt come back every week or that the horde and alliance are building bases in front of each other, if you want to have that simplistic view of lore thats fine with me

1 Like

funny cause all the things you mentioned wherent repeatable content

You made the claim that it was won in one fight. It’s on you to prove it. If you can’t, I understand. That’s because Darkshore was canonically won in 8.3

Back into the Forsaken Hands again except Lordaeron is still a Plagued Garbage City.

Don’t worry ether Cailia or Voss will be the Leader of the Forsaken Leadership atleast sometime.

Theramore scenario was repeatable content. Repeatable or not, knowing when the night elves won Darkshore is important, all we know now is they only won it in 8.3 when the horde would have already withdrawn. Knowing how much Blizzard hates the night elves, I could see that being the only way the horde would “lose” against them.

This does not seem to be the case, according to Terran Gregory during the Story and Lore Developer Live Stream, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhpGvgXyi-U&t=38m43s :

Terran Gregory: If you'll notice at the warfront, all the NPCs that are Night Elves actually have the darkened eyes. So there's definitely a sense that, in proximity, fighting on behalf of the darkened element of Elune under the darkened moon, that's what happens. And whether or not the player has customized themselves, that of course is player choice, but I think in the story sense that any Night Elf that's fighting on behalf of Elune in that confrontation their eyes would be darkening.

I does not appear Nathanos would have won, as Tyrande broke free of the Val’kyr’s chains herself and Nathanos couldn’t do anything to either of them. Nathanos couldn’t do anything to prevent Tyrande from one shotting that Val’kyr.

Game mechanics. The Heroic Tour of Stromgarde achievement wasn’t completable until after the War Campaign finale, either.

And she was wrong, since, short of a player being a Sylvanas loyalist, we don’t even use the Horde army that was within Orgrimmar against N’zoth, and it turns out it is Wrathion helping the player that defeats N’zoth, not anything Alleria advised.

Most things indicate that the Alliance won the Darkshore Warfront. Nathanos is no longer at Darkshore (having headed back to Zandalar before the Battle of Dazar’alor, and then we see him for Nazjatar before he goes back to Orgrimmar, and he doesn’t show up in the Alliance version of the Darkshore Warfront, either). The Horde’s version of the warfront is set right after the Alliance intro questing since the Horde has to save Belmont, and since that’s always the case and generals don’t change like at Arathi it would seem this is a gameplay mechanic like repeating dungeons rather than battlegrounds (Belmont also doesn’t show up in the Alliance version of the Darkshore Warfront, so it’s not like the Alliance players recapture him every time, either).

And even outside the Darkshore Warfront we have support that the Alliance won:

And then Nathanos says the Alliance is winning on all fronts after Dazar’alor, which would have included Darkshore.

1 Like

That you brought this up proves to me that you’re fishing for anything.

Nathanos is never in the Warfront. He’s in the Scenario, which Danuser notes is a stalemate. Nathanos is also Sylvanas’s biggest Drone, who will drop anything or do anything at her command.

If he wasn’t at Darkshore, Nathanos was ordered elsewhere.

I don’t know why I walked you through that when we know where he was ordered. The trial. To carry the dagger. Etc, etc, yada yada yada.

Incorrect. He is a talking head in the Horde Darkshore Warfront.

Additionally, the Horde got a quest at Tirisfal Glades to see Delaryn and Sira having abandoned Darkshore after Sylvanas abandoned them, which was available before the Heroic Darkshore Warfront as well.

1 Like

Sira Moonwarden is the talky head.

He’s not really a story writer, but he is saying that is just what happens “In proximity of fight on behalf of fighting on behalf of the darkened element of elune under the darkened moon, that’s what happens.” Doesn’t even really say it’s a permanent change, just that if they are fighting in that confrontation, their eyes just change that color. That is neither here nor there though, as there was a large night elf force, in their bikini clothes, fighting there at the siege, so the night elf army was definitely not absent.

Yeah, because Malfurion had to come and rescue her, as she was apparently no match for Nathanos so she could kill a valk, that was ultimately made pointless because Sylvanas can apparently just creaate more. greater valks now and it didn’t even impact the warfront. What did impact it was Nathanos raising the night elves so they could be loyal to the horde and fight to wipe out the night elves. Tyrande failed to stop him in that with the help of Malfurion.

Shandris says the power is burning Tyrande out, so I think it’s a given the power isn’t permanent.

Oh she says “burning Tyrande out”? Where is that, I thought they were just saying “oh wow tyrande is mad about the genocide of her people she is CRAAAAAAZY now!”

I misremembered the line, you’re right.

Shandris: You are dearest to my heart, Tyrande. I beg you, let go of the Black Moon’s rage and embrace the mother’s light once again. I could not bear to lose you to darkness.

I know you’re not playing on Treng much, but they both are:

Nathanos Blightcaller says: Blight it all, from here to the shoreline.

Nathanos Blightcaller says: Deploy the Blight!
    Nathanos Blightcaller says: Leave nothing alive.

I recommend Youtube videos to keep up with the Horde side if you’re not going to play it yourself. That’s what I do.

He is Project Director for Creative Development, Story and Franchise Development for Blizzard.

Also wrong, as those same forces under Shandris also participated at the Nazmir feint, while the Darkshore Warfront was being fought by the Army of the Black Moon.

Incorrect. Malfurion didn’t rescue her. Tyrande still did everything herself as well.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, that’s what I thought. It seems right that she would have those eyes, but the other night elves apparently just get them from being around the darkened moon and Elune’s avatar or whatever. It could be temporary as she is just borrowing Elune’s vengeance, which seems to not even be that useful either.

No she didn’t, he came in and tanked the valk after stunning Nathanos, then Nathanos was still just laughing at her and just raises the night elves in front of her. She got nothing done and the power she got from Elune and it wasn’t enough to deal with him on her own. Which was disappointing, but Blizzard always wants to devalue anything the night elves do.

I’m right about that night elf force being there at the siege, implying the night elf army was absent is wrong, the night elves that participated in the Nazmir feint were on a suicide mission, they were just suppose to die so they aren’t the same night elves.

Which was rather unnecessary, since neither the Val’kyr nor Nathanos could land any hits on either Tyrande or Malfurion in the Alliance questing. Even their AoE attacks didn’t do anything to them. Malfurion didn’t save Tyrande, he was just there backing her play.

You are wrong about them being part of the Army of the Black Moon, though. Case in point, look at the Army of the Black Moon forces at Boralus, well away from Darkshore and the eclipse, and yet are still fighting on behalf of Elune and are still using Night Warrior customization.

1 Like

It’s not surprising to see how far this veered off topic but it is a little disheartening.

A on the War note;

The Horde lost the battle for Darkshore because of course they did. I’m still so bewildered as to why the Forsaken were even there. They werent in the intro cinematic that had Malfurion attacking a kodo convoy (with like every Horde race but Forsaken and Goblins present) like a slasher villain. And as a longtime Forsaken player I can say I care as much about Darkshore as I do Terrokar Forrest or the Sholazar Basin. It’s a place I’d have to think about to remember.

As for Arathi - the Horde didn’t lose Arathi. They lost the Battle For Stromgarde because of course they did. The lovely updated Hammerfall will still exist and Arathi will still be a point of contention - because of course it will it’s the setting for one of WoW’s best realized Battlegrounds.

That one made a little more sense as Hammerfall was Orcish. That bit was always confusing to me as it was an internment facility turned into a Horde holding by Orcs who crossed an ocean to do so I guess because they were really nostalgic for that miserable point in their lives. The Defilers are parked outside- it always made more sense for it to be a Forsaken fortress town and I’m livid this expansion was not used to address this.

The whole thing was backasswards. I get Blizz wanted to do their cute throwback but was there any reason the Undead couldn’t have fought the Humans? That was the entire human campaign for Reign of Chaos afterall. Plus then the Forsaken would be fighting to secure one of the largest cities after Capitol City in the EK. Plus you could have an undead Stromgardian commanding troops with as much a right to the keep as Danath. Make it an actually morally gray situation with nobody being the villain.

But instead the Horde races get to be out of place villains just there to frustrate the noble goals of those infernal Power Rangers - eh, Alliance.

15 Likes

If it was unnecessary Blizzard wouldn’t have even added it, or the scene where Malfurion saves her from all the shredders right before. The point was Blizzard was trying to show the night warrior as fairly useless and the only real thing she could achieve aside from not being able to stop Nathanos from raising night elves into loyal horde soldiers, was killing a Valk, that apparently Sylvanas can make more of in Shadowlands, so ultimately useless.

Malfurion was able to have a part to show his power where he holds off the horde army himself in WoT. But Tyrande isn’t even allowed to fight Nathanos herself WITH the night warrior power up? Yeah, they were trying to show Tyrande as not capable on her own in that scenario, and it comes across as exactly that.

I’m talking about the thing you linked me with the cutscene guy, but we see Shandris was at the ritual and Malfurion was fighting in the battle for Darkshore, but they don’t have black eyes. It could be that all the night elves fighting at the war front are not part of the Black Moon forces, it can also mean Blizzard has no internal consistency and just says a bunch of random things and then fail to implement them properly especially when it comes to night elf stuff, as this was probably the most rushed storyline they implemented this expansion.

You guys literally had an entire expansion devoted to how badass, unstoppable and invincible you were, what more do you want?

What concoction of drugs are you on to get that impression? And could I have some because if 8.3 is going to be this repeating content for 8 months I’m going to need them to keep having fun.

16 Likes