Hey Wyoming, could you just fix this up? Thanks.
I wonder if it would be helpful to move the top post down by one, and use the top post as a currated Summary of recent dev activity. Such as forum quotes, YouTube/Twitch embedded links.
Just like the top 5.
Please rescale reaper lifesteal, its quite unfair the he is categorized as a dmage hero but can tank since the lifesteal is very insane. he just heals the incoming damage he recieves in 2 hits of his weapon even from a far… Or atleast rescale his damage if you dont want to rescale his lifesteal. its not enjoyable anymore that he can cheese out heroes almost any mission because of the buff and high damage while support heroes like Ana gets nerfed almost that its not its not viable to use anymore.
For your kind consideration. Thank you!!
I hope that i do not be considered racist or hater for my following comments. I simply want the game be more joyful and pleasant for me and others.
“”“Could you please kindly dedicate a SERVER just for Russia.”""
based on my many hours playing Overwatch (mostly arcade and quick play and lessen competitive) I came across followings to back my reasons for my request:
1-Most Russian players refuse to communicate in English and despite 5 team members with non-Russian language, they continue to speak Russian even when 5 other players ask not to or at least not to talk (i know about muting but this game is about communication). they communicate with other Russians even if one person, in Russian and you can hear two people talking when other players cant understand.
2-they get toxic (very toxic) when tides are not in favor (in a gold rank, all players are relatively the same, therefore there is no need to call others noob, idiots or same things with (in many cases) adding inappropriate words usually starts with F)
3- they leave during games if they feel they are going to loose.
4-they refuse to cooperate with the team. I know every body is free to pick the hero he/she wants, but they can point out their words more politely with no game play sabotage, or ask others more politely.
5- many times i have come across Russian players who are throwing and some times just playing emotics with other Russian player when 4 other players are in a team fight.
I need to point out that not all of Russian are like this and I also have two Russian friends in Overwatch who they have same opinion and Many of my friend who plays Overwatch have same problem.
I hope i dont look a hater and I really hope that this matter would be solved.
It could have been solved if players reported such cases and not ignorantly forgo it.
Jeff Kaplan appeared on the forums mid-day today. Talking about past experiments with role queue and team comp expectations.
These will be sorted into the Role Queue and Other Game Feature Responses respectively in the General Game Features section.
During the Overwatch League matches, Michael Chu dropped a lore bit identifying Hammond as more of a mechanic in terms of his profession.
Another post in the books. Kaplan compares the ping system seen in Respawn’s Apex Legends to features they tried in Overwatch during development.
I can see why this would be hard to implement jn a very confined 3d environment but what if all you pinged was say your targets or an ally simple things
Okay, time for me to get the dev post directory caught up:
INTERVIEWS WITH THE COMMUNITY
- Karq interviews with Jeff Kaplan in the Creator’s Residency about Baptiste - Jeff Kaplan - 2/26/2019 - Twitch
- Stylosa interviewed Jeff Kaplan about Baptiste - Jeff Kaplan - 2/26/2019 - Youtube
- Stylosa interviewed Jeff Kaplan about Role Queue and Limiting 2/2/2 - Jeff Kaplan - 2/26/2019 - Youtube
Michael Chu and clarifies about Baptiste’s role with the Carribean Collation - Michael Chu - 2/27/2019 - Official Forums
Michael Chu has clarified that Mercy is both a doctor and a scientist - Michael Chu -
- Michael Chu details that Bastion is at least waterproof enough to walk across the Baltic Sea - 2/17/2019
- Developer Josh Noh details on the changes with beam damage to armor - Josh Noh - 2/26/2019
- Developer Josh Noh details on the changes with Symmetra’s primary fire damage to armor - Josh Noh - 2/26/2019
- Jeff Kaplan details the features of the Overwatch League spectator client and how pros don’t see the skin team colors or effects from their view - Jeff Kaplan - 2/15/2019 - Official Forums
NON-GAME RELATED POSTS
- Forum developer Callie has posted they are still working on setting the platform profile default in each user’s account (between PC and Console platforms) - Callie - 2/27/2019 - Official Forums
- Tom Powers gives words of encouragement for a player who worries about how he communicates in the game - Tom Powers - 2/26/2019 - Official Forums
- Jeff Kaplan praises the composers for all of the music for Overwatch - Jeff Kaplan - 2/20/2019 - Reddit
The link for this is not working.
This is now working.
Sorry everyone for not keeping things updated lately, between watching Overwatch League and some personal matters on my part, I have been quite busy. I have updated the directory with the ample supply of information that has appeared in the last couple of weeks including:
Thank you for fixing the link!
On Reddit, Game Director Jeff Kaplan shares a video of Baptiste’s prototyping where the Immortality field was literally a lamp post spawned into the play field.
I just want to point out…
A new lore drop in the PlayOverwatch.com website was released today:
Hey everyone, doing a technical update today. Some of the Twitch interview streams have dropped off so they are removed from the directory. Furthermore, the BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket has now expired. These panels will likely be accessible again when the 2019 Virtual Ticket returns, but until then the content is no longer accessible. As such these entries will be marked with a sign to show the content is offline.
Can we get a hint about a skin for the Anniversary event? :3
A lot has happened in the last few weeks with the release of the Overwatch Workshop. That being said I am working to catch up on posts for the directory. The following entries will be added. I have also cleaned up some spelling errors, bad links, and a few other missteps.
Competitive Play | Matchmaking | Skill Rating
COMPETITIVE SEASON NEWS BLOGS
- FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT - Competitive Season 16 (grouping up in Grand Masters limited to parties of 2 or less)
COMPETITIVE MODE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RULE CHANGES
- Grouping up in Grand Masters now limited to parties of 2 or less - Scott Mercer - 4/29/2019 - Official Forums
Quick Play | Arcade Game Modes | Training Modes
- Why Total Mayhem sparingly appears in the weekly arcade rotation - Jeff Kaplan - 5/1/2019 - Official Forums
Seasonal Events | Special Promotions
DEVELOPER UPDATE VIDEOS
General Game Features
OTHER GAME FEATURE RESPONSES
DEVELOPER VIDEO UPDATES/PRESS RELEASES
Console Specific Game Features
- Bill Warnecke shares that pre-loading patches on consoles are not possible because the patch is delivered through the console’s systems- Bill Warnecke - 4/16/2019 - Reddit
Reporting | Account Actions | Community Behavior
- Leaving a casual match is allowed during the hero selection screen - Jeff Kaplan - 5-1/2019 - Official Forums
Performance/Crashes Troubleshooting - PC
- Bill Warnecke explains the various causes of the Rendering Device Lost error - Bill Warnecke - 3/27/2019 - Reddit
GENERAL LORE INFORMATION
- Michael Chu confirms in the animated short “Recall”, language versions not listing the year are accurate in terms of the lore’s timeline - Michael Chu - 4/10/2019 - Official Forums
Also note, with the release of the Overwatch Workshop, I will NOT be tracking specific Workshop related developer responses at this time. Those responses are not really intended for the purpose of the dev post directory as a general knowledge resource. Thanks for your understanding in that matter.
I think this might be a slightly misleading summary. Someone might read this to think they can leave providing they have never selected a hero.
If the ‘Assemble Heros’ phase ends and you have not picked then you will still be on the ‘hero selection screen’ but will no longer be in the grace period.
They must leave during the 45 second Assemble Heros phase that happens at the very beginning of a match.