Aggregating all "POTG's always go to healers" bug reports

Every time I come to the forum, I see at least one of these bug reports near the top of the list.

“Healers (and Moira’s specifically) are getting too many POTG’s.”

Not once have I seen a dev respond. No “This isn’t a bug we’re experimenting”, or no “This is a bug and it’ll be fixed”, nothing. NADA. Zilch. Zero. Blizzard has been dead silent.

They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I’m hoping this post demonstrates to Blizzard just how squeaky this wheel is. Here follows every “bug report” filed for this in the past month or so:

Blizzard, the wheel is squeaky. Please grease it. Now.

20 Likes

I hope it will get fixed soon, I hate that feeling when you done game winning move, or you enabled your team as a tank and potg goes to moira who just holds m1 on people who aren’t even low health… Almost the same with brig, just swinging her weapon.

5 Likes

*bump

Blizzard, I will keep bumping this post, once a day, until I get a response or you lock the thread. Please just let us know that we’re heard.

4 Likes

Everyone is experiencing this. I believe as long as a certain super amazing play threshold isn’t meet, the “rarer” hero potg are prioritised. Considering the current situation world wide, this issue might be very, very far down on the list of things to consider an issue. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well - Must have been since February 26th. I got much more Brigitte POTGs since then.

2 Likes

Anecdotally… I have not found this to be even a slight issue. POTGs have been pretty even across roles for me.

3 Likes

It’s actually insane, I just got potg as brig for swinging for 5 seconds and cleaning up a kill. My friend got a literal solo quad kill as doomfist that game.

2 Likes

It’s been ready to get greased for weeks now. Bump

2 Likes

Shameless bump. Been a bit more than a day, but I’m sure I can be forgiven. Blizzard please grease.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are testing a fix and hope to resolve the issue with our next release (1.47).

38 Likes

its been over a month but its finally been addressed. Hallelujah

6 Likes

So great, Supports will never get POTG’s again, hurray.

Thanks for the update, Matt! Much appreciated

4 Likes

Wow, that is a lightning fast response …

2 Likes

No, they just have to earn it.

3 Likes

can you please also put the audio occlusion bug fix on ptr from Feb 6th to live? :’(

Honestly, you barely see Supports get POTG’s anyway, it’s always DPS, because the Fire system panders to them (100 fire upon eliminations, everything else is lower).

Yeah we all loved seeing POTGs of Moira holding left click while her Rein got a 6 man shatter, or Brig holding left click on someone while her McCree killed four by himself.

2 Likes

I’m just saying that DPS do take the shine too often, not saying that this is a bad change but they could atleast give Supports more chances to get POTG instead of through those, there is a Lifesaver play of the game but you can barely get it even if you use a Sound Barrier or Transcendence to save your team. They get it way too often with ease because the Fire system pandors to getting kills, the thing Supports can barely do.

2 Likes

I mean at the end of the day PoTG doesn’t really matter, it’s just an ego boost at the end of the game. I skip most PoTGs anyway.

1 Like