Support POTGs seem to be broken

There’s something massively flawed about the current healer play of the games. It’s great and awesome that there has been a clear attempt at improving the positive POTG experience towards supports by valuing their efforts a bit better, but a lot of times there are huge flaws in them. For example Moira’s primary healing spray is over valued heavily for some reason. It keeps constantly “stealing” POTGs from other players. I have had a 4 man +70 elim grav POTG go to a Moira who orbed that way and then continued to heal. Ok that can still be fair, but last game I got a POTG from simply spraying around full (or near full) teammates and then using M2 on Lucio for a bit. I didn’t even get the kill or anything from it. So basically any 2 kills back to back should’ve been the POTG that happened during that game (mine included) instead of that, but the Moira primary spray healing is so heavily favored that it kind of breaks the POTG system.

I’ve seen this happen with other supports too where they do basically nothing and get POTG. Something really fishy is going on with them right now

1 Like

Guessing that the devs made some kind of change to the potg algorithm as support heroes now seem to be heavily favoured.

maybe these were very important assists?

It’s actually been like this for weeks now and still hasn’t been addressed.