Support Play Of The Game bug

Ever since the last patch, I’ve noticed that Support characters have been getting PoTG a significant number of times as opposed to before. While that’s good for Ana and Zen, all I see now are horrible Brigitte and Moira plays. Much more than before. Just this last week alone I have seen 6 Ana PoTG and we all know that’s way out of the norm.

I’m not sure if they changed their formula or something but it’s way off now.

3 Likes

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature /s

Tho, yeah it is getting a little out of hand because it looked like someone was tasked to clip EPIC POG moments for Twitch but got lazy and took some random timestamp instead at times.

I’ve been noticing that too. There was a game I played where our Genji got a 4k, but the play was Moira sucking the life out of one person and healing the rest of the team.
I admire Blizzard’s efforts to put supports into the spotlight a bit more, but it has to be interesting at least. Like if Moira’s ult saved the team and maybe killed two enemies…? I’d be fine with that.

2 Likes

6 Ana POTGs??? That’s crazy

1 Like

I’ve ESPECIALLY noticed it with Moira. I just unlocked D.va’s “Game Over” achievement by killing 4 with my ult, but the Moira I was queued with got the POTG for the same moment tagging 3 of the people that died with right click. it was VERY annoying. You can even see my bomb and the kill feed in the Moira POG

I have played overwatch for 3 years now. I’m an ATVI investor and i care deeply about the success of this game, which is why i say with true conviction that this is the worst “fix” the OW team has made within the past year. It’s such an easy layup to tweak your algorithm to make a few more support POTGs. Instead I get to watch moira do 500 healing at the end of my intense Mcee 5k. Thanks Jeff.

-Dry

2 Likes

I have played overwatch for 3 years now. I’m an ATVI investor and i care deeply about the success of this game, which is why i say with true conviction that this is the worst “fix” the OW team has made within the past year. It’s such an easy layup to tweak your algorithm to make a few more support POTGs. Instead I get to watch moira do 500 healing at the end of my intense Mcee 5k. Thanks Jeff.

-Dry> Blockquote

I thought this was April Fools…

a topic already exist : Aggregating all "POTG's always go to healers" bug reports - #19 by Senni-11938