Potg going to Moiras too easily

I’m just wondering why Moira can get potg at the same rate mercy used to on full team rez for doing very little other than tagging team. Can get hardly any kills or do any damage in it and still potg. Getting tiring to see non stop moira potg for in this case a 6 person visor as soldier and moira gets it for throwing a damage orb out.

4 Likes

Because a 6 man Visor wipe does not equal damage plus supporting at the same time.

Coalescence damages as well as heals, PotG considers how much damage was done as well as how much the player support their team mate. So if a Moira Coalesces her damaged team while helping push back the enemy, of course they’re going to most likely get the play.

Just as well, a Damage Orb can still get assisted damage while they heal, so there’s that too.

Honestly though, I’d be more mad about Bastions getting it all the time. Supports very rarely get PotG because most Supports either battle medic or simply heal.

Also, why is this in Bug Report? This is not a bug, it’s game mechanic and stat consideration. This conversation belongs in General Topics.

Actually, it’s been a bug for weeks. Not just Moira but supports in general are favored in the POTG algorithm for some odd reason.

1 Like

They found out the mercy getting potg for just a rez was a bug/issue and moira is on the same level as that right now. It is something that needs to be looked at mainly because a visor which is headshot damage and killing the whole team makes more impact than a heal on friendly team and a damage orb on enemy team. The headshot damage does way more than a damage orb and the friendly team was hardly getting damage because the visor was chunking them down.

I honestly haven’t seen this to be true. I’ve had plenty of Moira’s and Mercy’s in my games lately and the PotG usually goes to Zarya, Rein, or literally any DPS. :man_shrugging:

I have experienced this non stop since the beginning of March and i want it is quite frustrating

They’re working on it!

Awesome! Glad to know there are others who are experiencing it and that Blizz is finally looking into it. Guess this did belong in bug report lol

Yup…bug confirmed.