Bronze rank-points gain is broken

If you think all your losses are someone else’s fault and the world conspired against you to derank you into bronze 5 from silver 1, maybe the rank system is working just fine. You are not thinking objectively at all.

You don’t just randomly derank 10 tiers down because of ‘other people’, the only constant in all your matches was you.
There is already a blue post in this thread explaining why it isn’t a bug, and yet you refuse to accept an official Blizzard explanation.

It is possible to drop below Bronze 5 in MMR, and catching up takes a long time, that’s why people at such MMR receive 10-20 points per match.

Hi

I have exactly same problem for every win/lost I won only 15 points… This is really boring. please fix it. To win 45 games in a row!!! cannot be in the spirit of the Inventor!

You obviously didn’t read what I said, I didn’t derank 10 tiers, I was silver 2 last season, won 2/3 placement matches, both mvp and then got placed in bronze 4. Learn to read before you make a reply. I consistently out perform my teammates, even my friends in silver. I don’t belong in bronze 5, it’s just plain broken. You think just because the devs made something it’s an automatic right? Why would they ever patch, balance and fix heroes if they were always right? Yes I obviously refuse to accept their explanation and the fact that they’ve made a comment stating they’ll be fixing it is proof I’m right about how broken it is. Your reply was completely pointless so I don’t get what you’re trying to say. When people play double healer, or no tanks and no healing, that’s not my fault and that consistently happens. So yes, it’s their fault when we lose, that’s objectively correct and if you think otherwise you’re mentally ill. Also, how can my meter be half way to bronze 4 and I’m receiving 15 points a match considering me “below bronze 5”? clearly I’m not, I’m literally halfway to bronze 4.

I am still having this issue, even after this recent update. Has anyone figured this out? I am still getting 15 points per win/loss. I’m in Bronze 5 hell while all my friends are mid-silver.

I am also having this problem!

this takes all the fun out of the game! Blizzard we need to fix this!

So lets say you win 50 games in a row at a rate of 15 points per game, at what point do you lose the will to continue playing and abandoning your account because the system is obviously broken?

Anyone that can even confirm if the points gain will even auto correct itself to be higher after a streak of lets say 5 or 10?

I can confirm my friend started gaining a lot more points after he won 8 in a row (his point gain jumped from 12 pts per game to 80-100, now he is out of bronze 5 and gains the normal 200 pts in bronze 4)

But that is only because we helped him rank up by partying up with him. If he played alone he would still be grinding out 12 pts per win

So while it isn’t a bug, it’s a brutal system for people who have actually become better at HotS and no longer deserve to be in bronze 5 (and should instead deserve a rank like bronze 1 or silver 1).

I am very well aware diamond +'s could grind out fifty straight wins in bronze 5. That is not the issue here. The issue is that people who have slightly improved (let’s say to silver skill level) have almost an impossible time leaving bronze 5.

That’s good to hear, but how does it work with a slight positive win ratio such as 55% which is not at all unreasonable to attain at such low skill standard?

Some of people complaining make it seem like it is completely impossible, so either they have 30% winrate or the rate at which the reward increases is abyssal?

It’s hard to determine whats going on because everyone is only complaining without leaving any meaningful feedback.

If you’re realistically unable to maintain a 50% at any of the skill levels, whatever you are experiencing in ranked is probably intentional. If entire teams are full of complete noobs, one or two capable players is more than enough to swing the game either way. Grab a friend or a complete random from chat and coordinate your game play a little. At the end if playing in a party is unable to equalise the ratio, you just might be slightly more incompetent than an average player, but it’s nothing you can’t be overcome by investing your time in the game and gain some muscle memory to better yourself.

Otherwise you get promoted, ruin other players’ games and come back to complain how matchmaker is not working because you are losing too much.

No it 's a bug u can see it at % win score. 6 wins in a row 100 Points :confused:

This is, to say the least, preposterous. So what, Blizzard is saying to players that the learning curve is not considered on the game and, even if you play good now, you always will be out of the league because you are too low on mmr that you even qualify for the lowest rank? Punishing players that was playing only quick matches and, because of the matchmaking bugged as hell, lose even before the match begins? If only the league should be considered, why letting this fu$%ing game mode to exist? Blizzard should f%ck the hell and break. No wonder the game is dying, a trash company like that deserves suffer all the hate of the community it gets.

ranking points are hardly or not increased in bronze 5. so the game is not fun. please fix the problem!

That’s a “feature”. It keeps out the players that shouldnt be playing league, out of league. If you can;t place at least diamond on your first 3 games, they dont want you playing their game.
I jest but there’s so many bugs I consider the game a perma-beta. It’s how i sleep at night.

2020 and the problem still be the same. BLIZZARD ple

sorry, BLIZZARD please make something for balance number of point for win or loose match and let us have a chance to upgrade level like before this last match ranking rule

is this seriously still an issue?!?!?

Bronze 5 storm league update (+/-4 points per game)… one of countless reports to this… each comeout from blizz tells different stroy… and noone should wonder if this will never fixed like countless other “features” blizz dishes us…

edit: fyi

maybe they fuse those posts… told enough about it on these posts… blizz has just crap(pro)grammer… thats the main problem at all… there are much more posts about this topic… but i am tired for searching them all out… that should already done by blizz back in 1990… but blizz still hanging in 1980…

@grim: ratio means nothing here… 3 of 3 wins at ranking games… one get gold 3 and one get bronze 5… mmr is what every"pro" here spitt out as a reason… what is implemented to work… but is still broken… i never get why ppl try to explain things they dont even understand… blizz is simple just a company 4 visuals… nothing bejond that… those featurebugs they provide just come to life bcs of low skilled programmer… but its ok if u run as a fanboy lol…

This is still an issue!

I am only receiving 13 points per win for ranked games.
Blizzard, you have to admit that this MMR system is not an accurate reflection of a players progression at all.

The issue with using a “bell curve” system, that is purely based on whether a player wins or loses a game, is twofold.

Firstly, its a simple math problem.
As indicated in Blizzards’ blog post about the “bell curve” system, (I tested this in-game) I will earn progressively more points the further along I am in Bronze 5. Currently I gain 13 points per win and around the 250/1000 mark I’ll earn about 65 points per win. However, I also lose more points at this mark.
Now, here lies the issue. If I have progressed up to the 250 mark and I win the next game, I’ll earn the increased amount of 65 points. However, if I instead lose that next game, I will then lose the higher amount of 65 points instead of the 13 points that just got me to 250/1000.
In other words, its a case of 1 step forward, 5 steps back.
This is why players stagnate and can’t progress out of Bronze 5.

Secondly, players who take rank seriously and want to progress up the ranks constantly have to deal with non-participating players that are also placed in this low rank. People who refuse to participate and purposefully ruin the game for the rest of the team. This makes it IMPOSSIBLE for any one player to ever earn a win streak so that they may progress beyond these point increments.

So, Blizzard, you can’t argue that the outcome of a game, based on a win or a lose, is an accurate indication of any one player’s skill in that game. The mechanics of MOBA games is simply way more complex than that.

What you have created here is merely a means to keep a player out of league by demoting them to Bronze 5. This is a surefire way to prevent that player from ever leaving Bronze 5, especially if they are matched with players of a lower skill. Also, I am not convinced that players in Diamond tier have to deal with the same amount of trolls that players stuck in Bronze 5 does.

My suggestion is then the following:
Base a player’s MMR points earned on the scores for each game and not on whether the game was won or lost. Base it on kills, assists, deaths, damage, healing, shielding done and exp earned by that player for each game. This way an outstanding performance of a player may still be rewarded with points even if the game was lost.

I’ve been playing for 6 years, my husband is in plat and I am stuck in Bronze 5. I only receive between 14-17 points per ranked game, win or lose. To get to the next level it would take me 50 wins at this point. It has been like this for the last 2 seasons, prior to that I would receive 200+ points per game. Could you please review my account Blizzard? Thank you!!

You are the first poster to ever actually provide real data from how Bronze 5 works, thanks for that.

That is definitely a patchable design flaw. The bell curve should not rise so steeply from 13 pts to 65 like that at 250 Rank points Bronze 5 (meaning if you lose that critical match at 250 pts, you go back 5 wins worth of games!).

It would make more sense if it increased gradually from 13-19-25-31 and so on.

Also kudos for at least trying to rank out of there - your persistence is admirable.

I’ve won 9 straight games, my ranked record is 15-7, and I’m barely 1/3 up the bronze 5 rank pts. I need to win 36.2 games straight at 20pts a win (without losing) to get B4. That is just ABSURD.

hello

i’m have wins 11 ranked and take him between 15-30 point of ranked it’s normal or juste a stupid systeme ?