Stormleague Issue - Why am I Bronze? (moved - as it turns out to be a bug)

I‘ve never said that and the fact and the way you argue just shows me that you don‘t open your mind to a possibility of rare behavior. All you say is that I (and other players) are wrong and the system (that is Blizzard) is absolutely true. I have never said I am an expert, I just wanted to point out, that I do understand the concepts of programming a system like MMR or else. Nothing more. So if u would stop bragging about the explanation about MMR and that is literally what you do all of the time and Start listening to the facts, it would help much more. Read first, then answer.

To conclude again, I played the same games as everybody else, not more or less or better or worse and still the system thinks I am different in adjustment of MMR. That is NOT a normal behavior, intended or not, it treats me different and punishes. I try to understand and tolerate a calculation based on this and that, but having never experienced this before. I always got a normal amount of MMR (Rank points), like 2 days ago and now it all changed for me. And only for me.
I‘ve never encountered anything like that in other competitive games and there are more people like me, stating that they now have an issue. Would this be appropriate to a normal experience, if you‘re spending a couple of years in the game?

Edit: I will try this today with another friend, who spent double the time in the game, has the same amount of, if not more, games played rank and has a lower winrate, finished Bronze 3 last season, has not ranked yet. If he gets way more points at the end of a match, I am convinced the game treats me different. Based on what again?

Edit 2: If this is all true, why then even have placement matches? Why have seasons? If u don’t have the chance to change anything at season start, this would make no sense and difference. And people are better off with new accounts if they have improved their gameplay since than shoveling their way out of hellgrounds, with hundreds of games, while you‘re buddies are all diamonds and u just made it to silver 2. But u played the same games from season start. Great system!

I literally quoted you saying it…

Look, this isn’t a bug, nor is this rare behavior. This is how MMR works. It’s going to be a slower climb from here on out.

If you want to jump massively in MMR per game, make a new account where your confidence isn’t established. Right now calling this a bug is going to do nothing but waste QA’s time.

Quoted saying I studied MMR System is just not what I said, I studied computer science in general. But yeah…that is a really worth way of discussion.

I didn‘t call it a bug either, I questioned it. And to request something when there is a support linked to a game is never a waste of QA, it is QA (!) and my full right as a customer/player of a product to use it. Otherwise a forum like this wouldn’t stand its purpose…

If this is a bug, and you are winning all your games, then problem solved.
I my self would have loved to end up in B5, just for the climbing experience.
Also you can dominate your way up, if your skill level is way above what your current rank is.

GL in the Nexus mate!

1 Like

Climbing? With 23-26 MMR points you‘ll need at least 44 games every rank to ‚dominate‘ - in a streak. To get to Bronze 4. In a streak!
If this is not a bug then it is a pure unfair system, that leaves you no way of improvement once you ended down there.
Let‘s say a player started the game, 100 games poor played. He is around Bronze 4/5. Then he improves. Much. He reads, follows twitch and guides and all that, learns a Hero perfectly, finds a group, rocks the Meta or whatever…and still can only climb in the way described above. What a fair system is that, like who came about with that glorious idea?

And I am fully convinced, that is NOT the way how other games I‘ve played with a seasonal rank system treat it. If this is all true, then it is highly in favor of people who ruled the game by its first minute and leaves no room for low-level improvement - and that means a new account is the only way out there, not spending his life on climbing like a snail.

Look, the quote speaks for itself. You literally said…

If you knew how MMR worked, you would know the amount of points you gained or earned would decay over time because of confidence / uncertainty.

And yes, you’re very much calling this a bug which is why you moved your thread to the bug report section. If you had the knowledge you claim you have, you would know why this is the case.

Yes, that’s how MMR works. It’s why the old system was so broken. Rank would move 8 times faster than MMR which is why placements would feel fair, but after a winstreak the system would offset me by putting potatoes on my team. Now you see why.

This system, however, is better in nearly every respect. It requires consistent good performance to climb and you don’t get disjointed matches due to Rank and MMR being so far out of sync.

If you want a faster climb, create a new account where your confidence isn’t set in stone. Your rank isn’t meant to be a reward system, it’s a reflection of your skill as a player. Play more matches consistently well and your MMR will follow.

God you‘re really difficult man. I didn’t say I know how MMR works, I said I know about the benefits of a system like that. And literally (as the words are clear as they are simple) I still did not say that…

Anyways, if it is like you say, then constant winning improves the amount of MMR I get compared to the MMR of my opponents. If their rank is above my skill level, but I can win against them, I would benefit and increase my earnings.

Next time: You could‘ve been working through this in a more gentle way but that’s your thing. I never called it a bug, I agreed with other participants of the thread that it could be a bugged behavior and chances might be better to solve this in the bug report section of this forum, that’s why I moved it. Sorry for attempting my way outta this.

I will close this later, as I am now enlightened by the Support (and that is what I did, ingame Support brought me here). Still want to make sure, that this is true, so I‘ll leave it open for investigational reasons.

You can’t lock threads, only the moderation staff has that power.

If you want to mistake my bluntness as hostility, ok. You claimed to have knowlege that you demonstrably did not have, so I sought to clarify the misunderstanding.

You did, repeatedly, even going so far as to move your thread from General Discussion to the Bug Report forum. If you don’t want people to quote you, don’t say it in the first place? :thinking: If you want to claim a place of authority, such as having “studied computer science” (which is entirely irrelevant by the way) don’t be surprised when people challenge those claims. Especially when they’re erroneous or outlandish.

This isn’t bugged behaviour. MMR moves slower than rank, and in your case, 8 times slower. Just play some matches and if you’re better than your current rank, you’ll move up. Leaving the thread in this sub forum is just going to waste QA’s time.

For myself, dude, for myself. Pls don’t go about stuff u don’t understand.

I never claimed anything, I just said, I know about concepts of programming because I studied something that has to do with it. All I wanted to say is, that I am open and educated enough to understand a system and not be trolling because my mum did not feed me enough and now I‘m dissatisfied with my ranking. But thanks, will leave that part out and stick to never argue in the internet, a place highly rated for quality conversations, like I got to know in this case, again. Really bored by it…

Interestingly no one else made a big deal out of it, not even me. To remind you: It was you who wrote down a whole page about your background, that is again how important for this issue? If you like yourself writing a lot of words and adjusting people’s writing (even though you‘ll knew I am not a native english speaker) and then run them down for whatever they said or better, think or thought before… pls release this kindness from a place like this, because the will to help people sounds way different. Conclusion: never hit the support button of a blizzard game again, if u want to keep respect as a high treat.

Next time we argue in my language and I run u down. Tzzzz :expressionless:

Same issue here man. Let me join the discussion to see if they fixed the issue or maybe you have some updates

Hello please, I NOTICE that I have received less ranked points for the last games I won, how is it possible I was getting 150-200 ranked points before and now in winning games I just get like 25 or 50¿ please explain or correct the bug

I am bronze 5 even tho I won many games.

Regards

Me again.
I just want to let you know, that there hasn’t changed anything. Accordingly to the many threads and posts these days, I am very convinced that this is still a system that cannot survive the emotional part of playing. See for yourself, the bug section is now filled with comments about it. The rank point system is broken and not possible for a low ranked to get out.
Since I was one of the first to bring that up, I want to thank you for all the help and thoughts, but not for the destructive parts. I was sure there’s a problem and got tapped with some zero-acceptance. Whatever, hope Blizz will look into this. Otherwise the game in Storm League is unplayable or lets say worthless.

Parallel watching the German forum. It is the same, every day new reports of people getting even less points than me. 6 (!), in words: S-I-X !!! (That’ll make a 160+ wins in a row to level up) was the lowest number I’ve read. And them people played a lot of games with winrates above 50% and no change of points.

Blizz. pls bless the Storm League…

Because the game dermite you like new fresh player…and you must over 2000 games for few seasons to climb up silver eventualy or gold(if .even possible ) and because we must play so many games to until improve our game skill( clear our mistakes)… that why are so low mmr points in B5, but in B4,3…points start increase 1,50 x 2000,3000,4000,5000 or that mean in B3 we gain/lose avarage 400 mmr points.

How can someone claim to know that this is not a bug? No one in here knows exactly how the ranking system works. Maybe its a bug maybe not.

What we can discuss is if its a reasonable system or not. And in my opinion its not. Not talking about your initial ranking, but the 26 ranking points.

Lets say you belong to bronze 5 and have a perfect 50% winrate. Why in the world would you only get 26 points for a win? Its just way off percentage wise (compared to the 1000 points you need to rank up). Theres just no reason for it, as long as you get the same amount for losing games you will always stay where you are right now. 200 points + for a win and 200 points - for a lose is still 0, but much more reasonable compared to 1000 points per rank. There should only be a difference if the system thinks you belong to a higher or lower rank, means getting more points for winning and at the same time losing less for losing a game or the other way round. So if these low amounts of points are not a bug, they are in my opinion a quite bad design.

Edit: just to make my point a bit more clear and because some were mentioning that mmr moves slower and whatnot:

I guess we can agree, that as long as you have a winrate >50% you are better than your current rank.

So lets say you played 100 games and won 53,which means you have a winrate of 53%. Even if you get 200 points per win you only won a total of 1200 points! That is already slow and a heavy grind. Take the 26 points for winning a game and you only get 156 points per 100 games. Have fun ranking up!

1 Like

ear support,

Guys have a look at my last Storm League games, I am getting only 25 ranking points when I win??? Last week I was getting average 180-210 normal, how am I supposes to promote now?

still bronze 5 even tho I won many games. It looks like a bug. Please correct this accordingly. I know about MMR but this does not make sense, I have asked colleagues same level as me and they got over 200 points when won a Storm league game. Please let me know what is the solution and put me in the league according to my last results

Thanks for support

Regards

Same here with the same bug.

I never get more than 28 points (os lose).
I played alone, with 3 team and 5 premade. No changes, always the same amount of points.

And i usually play 1-2 games per day, no more.

Perfectly said. Thanks for your support!
I just hope Blizzard shows some balls here and comes out of the shadows to calm this heated debate. God this takes ages…

So after a 9 game winstreak, my friend finally got around 65 points per game. After making it a 12 game winstreak, he finally got to bronze 4 and started getting 200+ ranked points. My only advice for other people in the same situation is to only play ranked with a good team.

Thanks. That sounds quite good. Haven’t had the time to play these days, but will look into it.

Hello everyone,
I have been having the same issue in the last 3 games I receive or lost +18, -18, +20 points. I am bronze 5 with a win rate of 39%. I week ago I was getting + or - 180-200 points. Looks like a bug; I have other friends I played with who got a regular number of points ( between 180-210) in the same matches. Both of them are 3-4 bronze, with win-rates around 45%. Is this normal? I consider myself a noob at the game, however, this feels like a bit of a punishment. If blizzard is saying that this is the “new normal” I think esc-unistall is probably the right solution…

maybe they fuse those posts… told enough about it on these posts… blizz has just crap(pro)grammer… thats the main problem at all… there are much more posts about this topic… but i am tired for searching them all out… that should already done by blizz back in 1990… but blizz still hanging in 1980…