Personal rank adjustment working incorrect

Dear Developers,
With the new rank system introduced as Storm league, I had some affiars at the start. I was diamond in both hero and team league in the last few seasons, but this time got dropped into plat 4. That was already strange, compared to that my friend who I play most of my matches, was gold and low diamond, and got dropped into diamond 1. Now he is master, and I climbed a bit, but its very hard, because if I play with him, I get my personal rank adjusment as a negative number, and he gets like 20+ or so. The thing is, when playing against the same enemy team, the lower mmr player should get more point for winnin, and the higher mmr player should get less. Or this way what is going on, if I play some games alone to climb to his rank, and make lets say 6-4, then I am at 400 + points. Then I play with him 10 games, and even if we win more, the difference is just growing between us. Last time we made 11 victories in a row, and he got more then 200 points more then me. Its just bad if we play together, we can never be at the same rank, or closer, even if I win a few more games to,he still goes more far away ahead.

Another thing, is that personal rank adjustment should be focused more on personal performance. Like I had many many games, where its not that easy to carry. Above plat 3-2 player already can soak mostly, will do camps, maybe not with the best timing, but will do. So its not really possible to solo carry a game. I have already had more then 10+ games in this season, where I made a stat like 17 11 1, or 15 7 3 where I always died when we were loosing the core and went out all in, but sure it made nothing, but you can count -1 death for the game. Still was doing camps, sometimes I did this on sololane, and I just kept loosing points. Thats not fair. If I want to get out of platinum again, I should not be better then 5 enemy platinum players , just better then 1. Yes you can carry games, yes you can make 95% winrate as GM when starts to climb from bronze. But I think at platinum diamond their winrate also falls around 70% or so at maximum. The thing is, its just statistics, and if u get unluky, and get more of those 30% of games, u will loose more, and have like a 60% winrate. And thats the case if u are Grand Master in Platinum league. So if u are just at Master skills, how to mantain this 60% to still get out of platinum, then even diamond, then climb in master a bit to? And sure, there are matches when enemy tanks just walk under my towers to intentionally die, and I win those games, that should give me free points, in exchange for my thrown points by some of my teammates. But this is just a luck based thing who has got the feeder guy in his team. So what I think, is that you could make personal rank adjustment trough TAKEDOWN/death ratio, cause last hit shouldnt be rewarded that much, or everyone will just go killstealing for rank points. And also should reward high heal amounts, high dmg dealt amounts, high exp soaked amounts. Because many many game is lost on players simply being uncapable of dealing any kind of dmg with assassins, so they make 0 threat for the enemy team. And yes, dmg itself wont win you the game, but its clearly something that can be built on. If u have a kael thuzad in your team with 19k hero damage in a 15min game, ( and not because he was left unprotected or because went laning) its just impossible to win teamfights if the enemy is not the same way as bad as your teammate. Its enough for them just not to be totally bad at the game, bringing the average is enough for them. And no, these players are not falling down from this rank because 1/ they dont play enough games, but they are high in numbers
2/ ocasionally, they got matched against each other, so wont have a 30% winrate, and ocasionally, will get really hard carried, so they will also have around 45% winrate, which means, that at the start of the new season, if they get dropped just 1 league higher again, there you go, you got an infinite cycle.
So it would be very nice, that if a player can play with masters, and he is a way below in ranks, he could get many more points then the master for the win, simply because that means, he is good enough for that league, why dont raise his MMR there?
And in terms of personal rank adjustment, it could be somewhere around ±100 points, to make impact. For those who like to play alone, or have more time to play then their friend, make solo playing also profitable. Said if u are doing great, but your team lost because you were the only one doing great, and you would just loose 100 points, but when you win you get 200, it would be nice. And if you make your team loose with like 10-15 deaths or not doing anything at all, you would loose 300 or at least 250 points, so bad players would be dropped, and better players would be rised, like they should be. Because even if its a team play, you play with random players, but this is not what should determinate your rank over everything. Half or even a quarter, 50 points of personal rank adjustment would help a lot. Form my 200 games or so in this season, I had like 80-90 that I shiened on, around 50-50 where I did pretty good, or OK, and maximum 20 where I was bad. Even on those not throwing the whole game on my own, just beeing bad, which should reasult in - point in personal rank adjustment around somewhere -30. If you count it, it should be 400+150+0-60 rank points if I would have got +50 for shine, +30 for pretty good, 0 for OK, and -30 for pretty bad. I thing its reasonable, and I would be only 2 victories ahead after 200 well played games! Its would still mean 1 victory over 100 games. So the double ammount would be optimal I think, but even this ±50 points would make something. Please really consider this post, I really took the effort to type that much, and I know many many players who suffers with the same problem, but dont have the energy to write that to devs, not even knowing if they will read it at least or not. I really like this game, and its very fun to me, and goes pretty well, its just frustrating that I have to suffer with rankings every time, beause placements always drop down, and its hard and slow to climb. This could help I think, and the game really could use some changes in the terms of rankings.
Hoping for the best,
Dragoon

2 Likes

Personal Rank Adjustment is the single factor, more than anything else, that determines your rank. Most people will win around 50% of their games, so the rank adjustment basically decides if you climb or if you fall.

The biggest impact is you reach demotion games faster because if you are at 0 pts, and win-lose, you gain +190 and then lose -210 putting you back on demotion. With a positive rank adjustment you get an extra game before demotion, with just a few rank points. THAT IS HUGE.

I have been getting -10 rank adjustments for 8 straight seasons, no matter winning or losing percentage. On the other hand, i know people that win less than 50% of their games and have climbed to grandmaster with a +40 rank adjustment.

It’s totally broken, please just remove it.

Ya this game suck!
Your PERSONAL rank determine OTHER 4 people… If you play very well, have MVP avards, but your team lost your rank losts…SAD story

It would be nice if someone at blizzard could explain how is it supposed to work.
Im seeing some weird stuff with the points, and we can only hope thas is working ok.
On the other hand we might not be able to see enough information about bliz stats to determine if its working as intended or not…

maybe they fuse those posts… told enough about it on these posts… blizz has just crap(pro)grammer… thats the main problem at all… there are much more posts about this topic… but i am tired for searching them all out… that should already done by blizz back in 1990… but blizz still hanging in 1980…