Only 20 points per Ranked Match?

I won the first 3 games on Ranked Match and I received Bronze 5. Now, for each win (even when I am the MVP) I’m receiving an overall of only 20 points. Why? My friends on the same match are receiving between 100 and 400 points. I can’t understand it.

1 Like
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/23090871/storm-league-bronze-5-update

People at lower end of Bronze 5 gain less points until their MMR catches up with their rank.

MVP also doesn’t effect point gain.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. It makes sense.

And about my result being Rank 5 when I won the first 3 games?

Some friends were wondering if it could be because I was not playing Ranked matches on the last seasons. But… if so, why did I need to play these 3 matches when the result would be for sure a Rank 5? What if I had lost all of them? Would I receive Cooper, Tin, Zinc ranks? :rofl:

You’re right, that is exactly what is happening. Technically the system has placed such players in those leagues (copper, zinc, etc) but they don’t exist as visual real leagues or ranks.

So until you rise up in MMR to Bronze, point gain will be very low. But once you win enough games, you will be a “normal” player again and start gaining 200 per win/loss.

In that situation I’d try to find 5 player groups and ask if they can help me rank up. It’s going to be a bit of a grind, but it’s definitely doable.

Some friends were wondering if it could be because I was not playing Ranked matches on the last seasons.

It likely decayed a lot from not playing Ranked. When I took a 2 year break, I decayed from something like Platinum 1 to Silver 5 after I finished placements. That’s right at the edge of Bronze.

2 Likes

Wait a moment. I haven’t played Hero League for several seasons, only QM with friends, but now they are investing on HL, so I’m moving there too. Like, they are somewhat better than me, and moving ranks ok. But I’m stuck in Bronze 5, and per match I gain, what, 5, 8 points, so far? And it is because I’m, supposedly, BELOW Bronze 5? And I have to reach about 900 rank points to reach Bronze 4. How the heck I’m supposed to enjoy HL like that? Blizzard is punishing me for playing all this time for fun? That’s, at least, preposterous. That’s why the game is dying. So lame.

Yes, that kind of punishment they created is super bad. When a new player pass by the 3 balancing matches, they go to a higher rank. And just because I was playing for fun for some time, now that I decided to try Ranked Matches, I won the 3 balancing matches and received Bronze 5 gaining different amount of points as a newbie that started to play 1 week ago. I will never go to Bronze 4. In my opinion, it is so much harder than going from Silver to Platinum.
The difficulty should be playing against other players and not against the rank points itself. Or… reset all this *** and put everybody on Rank 5. That really sucks.

My statistics:
Bronze 5
580 points (1000 required to up)
64 wins
52 losses
55,2% Win rate

Currently winning about 24 points

1 Like

Man, I’m VERY pissed with this fu#$ing company for so many time ago. Trying the league on this season because of my brother, after one week, he is bronze 1. Gaining about 150/200 points per match. I was leveled bronze 5, of course. About 14 matches, 7 wins, 7 loses, 50% win rate, 109 rank points. And guess what: gaining about 6-8 fu$%ing points per match. And being MVP don’t affect the gaining points ATT ALL. At this rate, when the hell I’ll move, on 2050? If the season last too long. That’s why this fu%$ing game is dying, and Blizzard deserves all the hate she gets from the community. This anti-players politics is even in Overwatch, and that is worse, because I PAID FOR THAT FU%$ING GAME. To the hell with this fu@#ing company.

1 Like

It’s because your MMR is below bronze 5, if you win enough games with a high enough win rate this will change and you’ll start getting more points.
A new account, on the other hand, always gains/loses more points per match because they don’t have enough games to narrow down actual skill to MMR. This prevents smurf accounts from hanging around in low ranks for too long.

4 Likes

maybe they fuse those posts… told enough about it on these posts… blizz has just crap(pro)grammer… thats the main problem at all… there are much more posts about this topic… but i am tired for searching them all out… that should already done by blizz back in 1990… but blizz still hanging in 1980…