Error points storm leage, need help!

Hi, i have a bug with points!
I have a look at my Storm League games, I am getting only 25 ranking points when I win, and lose the same points!!! A month ago I was getting average 180-210 normal, how am I supposes to promote now?

Still bronze 5 even tho I won many games. It looks like a bug. Please correct this accordingly. Please let me know what is the solution and put me in the league according to my last results.
It’s been going on for over a month!
I want to send a screenshot, but where to attach ?

1 Like

i have same problems, still getting 15 or 16 points… taht sucks man… 4 ever bronce 5…

The team didn’t take it into account, or at least didn’t take into account the perception players would have.

The HotS team knows about the issue and is working on something, to make it feel better.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/23090871/storm-league-bronze-5-update-2019-8-16/

1 Like

By winning more games than you lose. If you are at around a 50% win rate you are skill capped and so cannot gain ranks.

u kidding ?
I won 5 games in a row, so I would get 200x5 = 1000 points and move to the next level. And in the end, I got 25x5=125 points and stayed in place

Does not matter if you then go on to lose 5 games in a row. The points are MMR and so reflect what the system thinks of your skill level. If you are consistently scoring a 70+% win rate it will quite quickly speed up and start to move you up ranks, however if you are only managing 50% on average then you are at your correct rank and the system cannot really move you up.

The higher your points are, the tougher your opponents are. The movement has to be slow otherwise you could end up trapped in an infinitely repeating win then lose cycle as a win causes you to fight opponents that stomp you causing a certain loss and the loss causes you to fight opponents you stomp causing a certain win. The technical term for this is oscillation, so the MMR algorithm requires a heavy dampening factor to avoid any sort of overshoot and hence you gain or lose MMR very slowly once the system gains some confidence.

it’s easy. I said I want 200 points for win, like other

Shuter, the issue is known by the HotS team. The issue is that they changed the system to use MMR, and Bronze 5 takes a large group of players.

There should be–at some point-- a fix which makes it feel not so slow, but the new system gives you points based on how your MMR changes.

I had a game myself where I won and got ~130 points.

That is far more than 25, and Blizzard NEEDS TO FIND A FIX FOR YOUR LEAGUE. But, the system was changed and no longer gives/takes 200 points away every time.

I’m sure you’ve also noticed that you only lose a small amount of points when you lose, right?

Yeah, of cos. I lose 25 points when lose, But I am ready to lose the same 200 points. I’m ready to win more, than lose and 200 points much better, then 25. Are you agree?

Yes, I agree.

I don’t know how Blizzard plans to fix it, but they need to fix it fast.

Except a single win does not statistically justify raising your MMR by 200. If MMR is too volatile then it does not work correctly as people could be fighting Silver one day and Diamonds the next in an infinite oscillation which makes no sense.

Most people will be winning or losing 25 once their MMR is set. Those that are winning/losing more still have volatile MMR, likely because they played a lot less. If you are consistently winning or losing >60% of the time then MMR changes should start to increase in size as statistical evidence is built up that you are at the wrong skill level.

i have the same problem!

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the bug reports. First of all, this is not a bug. Second of all, we acknowledge that this is not an optimal experience to have in Storm League. We’re intending to address this in the upcoming season. Please check out the blog post and an my answer in other thread below.

1 Like

maybe they fuse those posts… told enough about it on these posts… blizz has just crap(pro)grammer… thats the main problem at all… there are much more posts about this topic… but i am tired for searching them all out… that should already done by blizz back in 1990… but blizz still hanging in 1980…

i have same problemmmmmm wanna helppppp

If you truly improved, your best option ,sadly, is to create a new account.