Bronze rank-points gain is broken

If you’re only getting 15-20 pts in Bronze, that means you should actually be lower ranked than bronze, but that doesn’t exist. There is no problem with the system. I know its hard to accept that you probably suck but learn how to play better and get good.

Telling Blizz to “fix” the system so you can appear to get a higher rank means YOU are the problem.

1 Like

I was doing fine until I accidentally DC’d and deranked to bronze 5 and immediately started receiving 15 poinst a match. I’m not “below rank 5” and It’s not a matter of “getting good” lmfao. I consistently mvp or top the leaderboards in every match, team based games don’t have much to do with personal skill until you get higher in ranks. Most of your losses are due to poor team comp, organization or communication and that’s just a fact you can’t argue. Last season I was silver 1 and then I get placed bronze 4 this season after winning 2/3 placement matches and getting mvp both those matches, so explain that one bud. Rank is just broken, it’s simple. Someone like you commenting this garbage on the forums is the real problem.

I don’t understand the logic on this one. I cant leave bronze 5 literally EVER. Bronze 5 is always a crap shoot of decent players and bad players. This is the main reason I am starting to leave this community. Unfair rules for newer players or players who get stuck with the toxic community. Its backwards thinking that people who just started to get into competitive are introduced to the toxic community. Blizzard wont do anything though… They never do. Its very unfair.

1 Like

Do you jerks think kissing Activision/Blizzard’s rear end hard enough will get you a job? What do you gain by being a jerk to people and lying about the existing system?

1 Like

He has a tiny member, so he needs to feel good about himself somehow

If you think all your losses are someone else’s fault and the world conspired against you to derank you into bronze 5 from silver 1, maybe the rank system is working just fine. You are not thinking objectively at all.

You don’t just randomly derank 10 tiers down because of ‘other people’, the only constant in all your matches was you.
There is already a blue post in this thread explaining why it isn’t a bug, and yet you refuse to accept an official Blizzard explanation.

It is possible to drop below Bronze 5 in MMR, and catching up takes a long time, that’s why people at such MMR receive 10-20 points per match.

Hi

I have exactly same problem for every win/lost I won only 15 points… This is really boring. please fix it. To win 45 games in a row!!! cannot be in the spirit of the Inventor!

You obviously didn’t read what I said, I didn’t derank 10 tiers, I was silver 2 last season, won 2/3 placement matches, both mvp and then got placed in bronze 4. Learn to read before you make a reply. I consistently out perform my teammates, even my friends in silver. I don’t belong in bronze 5, it’s just plain broken. You think just because the devs made something it’s an automatic right? Why would they ever patch, balance and fix heroes if they were always right? Yes I obviously refuse to accept their explanation and the fact that they’ve made a comment stating they’ll be fixing it is proof I’m right about how broken it is. Your reply was completely pointless so I don’t get what you’re trying to say. When people play double healer, or no tanks and no healing, that’s not my fault and that consistently happens. So yes, it’s their fault when we lose, that’s objectively correct and if you think otherwise you’re mentally ill. Also, how can my meter be half way to bronze 4 and I’m receiving 15 points a match considering me “below bronze 5”? clearly I’m not, I’m literally halfway to bronze 4.

I am still having this issue, even after this recent update. Has anyone figured this out? I am still getting 15 points per win/loss. I’m in Bronze 5 hell while all my friends are mid-silver.

I am also having this problem!

this takes all the fun out of the game! Blizzard we need to fix this!

So lets say you win 50 games in a row at a rate of 15 points per game, at what point do you lose the will to continue playing and abandoning your account because the system is obviously broken?

Anyone that can even confirm if the points gain will even auto correct itself to be higher after a streak of lets say 5 or 10?

I can confirm my friend started gaining a lot more points after he won 8 in a row (his point gain jumped from 12 pts per game to 80-100, now he is out of bronze 5 and gains the normal 200 pts in bronze 4)

But that is only because we helped him rank up by partying up with him. If he played alone he would still be grinding out 12 pts per win

So while it isn’t a bug, it’s a brutal system for people who have actually become better at HotS and no longer deserve to be in bronze 5 (and should instead deserve a rank like bronze 1 or silver 1).

I am very well aware diamond +'s could grind out fifty straight wins in bronze 5. That is not the issue here. The issue is that people who have slightly improved (let’s say to silver skill level) have almost an impossible time leaving bronze 5.

That’s good to hear, but how does it work with a slight positive win ratio such as 55% which is not at all unreasonable to attain at such low skill standard?

Some of people complaining make it seem like it is completely impossible, so either they have 30% winrate or the rate at which the reward increases is abyssal?

It’s hard to determine whats going on because everyone is only complaining without leaving any meaningful feedback.

If you’re realistically unable to maintain a 50% at any of the skill levels, whatever you are experiencing in ranked is probably intentional. If entire teams are full of complete noobs, one or two capable players is more than enough to swing the game either way. Grab a friend or a complete random from chat and coordinate your game play a little. At the end if playing in a party is unable to equalise the ratio, you just might be slightly more incompetent than an average player, but it’s nothing you can’t be overcome by investing your time in the game and gain some muscle memory to better yourself.

Otherwise you get promoted, ruin other players’ games and come back to complain how matchmaker is not working because you are losing too much.

No it 's a bug u can see it at % win score. 6 wins in a row 100 Points :confused:

This is, to say the least, preposterous. So what, Blizzard is saying to players that the learning curve is not considered on the game and, even if you play good now, you always will be out of the league because you are too low on mmr that you even qualify for the lowest rank? Punishing players that was playing only quick matches and, because of the matchmaking bugged as hell, lose even before the match begins? If only the league should be considered, why letting this fu$%ing game mode to exist? Blizzard should f%ck the hell and break. No wonder the game is dying, a trash company like that deserves suffer all the hate of the community it gets.

ranking points are hardly or not increased in bronze 5. so the game is not fun. please fix the problem!

That’s a “feature”. It keeps out the players that shouldnt be playing league, out of league. If you can;t place at least diamond on your first 3 games, they dont want you playing their game.
I jest but there’s so many bugs I consider the game a perma-beta. It’s how i sleep at night.

2020 and the problem still be the same. BLIZZARD ple

sorry, BLIZZARD please make something for balance number of point for win or loose match and let us have a chance to upgrade level like before this last match ranking rule

is this seriously still an issue?!?!?

Bronze 5 storm league update (+/-4 points per game)… one of countless reports to this… each comeout from blizz tells different stroy… and noone should wonder if this will never fixed like countless other “features” blizz dishes us…

edit: fyi

maybe they fuse those posts… told enough about it on these posts… blizz has just crap(pro)grammer… thats the main problem at all… there are much more posts about this topic… but i am tired for searching them all out… that should already done by blizz back in 1990… but blizz still hanging in 1980…

@grim: ratio means nothing here… 3 of 3 wins at ranking games… one get gold 3 and one get bronze 5… mmr is what every"pro" here spitt out as a reason… what is implemented to work… but is still broken… i never get why ppl try to explain things they dont even understand… blizz is simple just a company 4 visuals… nothing bejond that… those featurebugs they provide just come to life bcs of low skilled programmer… but its ok if u run as a fanboy lol…