Bronze rank-points gain is broken

In my last ranked games I only got between 20 and 29 rank points per game…and we talk about won games? Is that intentional? How is anybody supposed to rise from Bronze with that speed? I hope its a bug…can you tell me anything about it…and fix it. Thanks.

12 Likes

My storm league points only go up and down by 20 points. I don’t know why, my friends are not having this issue and I have been playing for couple hours and i’m not getting anywhere i’m hoping this can get fixed and I could be compensated for my problems. Thank you

3 Likes

Exact same issue, can’t find an answer. Support was useless and told me to come here, cause clearly that’s helpful. Obviously ranked is broken AF considering you’d have to win 50+ matches to get from bronze 5 to bronze 4 which is just ridiculous. Sad that this isn’t fixed yet, really isn’t a hard fix.

6 Likes

Same problem. +/- four points per win/loss. =o(

4 Likes

Same problem, a few days.

3 Likes

ranking points are hardly or not increased in broze 5. so the game is not fun. please fix the problem!

1 Like

Add me to the list of users getting shafted by this issue. I made it as high as Bronze 1 last season and ended low Bronze 3. Placed high bronze 4. Lost a couple games and ended up on Bronze 5… now I only win or lose 15 pts per match. At that rate I will have to win 80 matches to get out of Bronze 5. One of my friends who I frequently play with is silver 5 and often gets 230 pts when we win together even when I MVP

5 Likes

Add me to the list. I’ve gone 9W 4L so far and only moved up 125 or so points in total. My friends are gaining fairly similarly to last season. Please fix this rank system. MMR wipe or something. I’m to the point where I quit entirely or create a new account and say bye to hundreds of dollars spent.

4 Likes

Yes, same here. And this has been going on for days–not sure how it’s not fixed yet?? My husband is silver and wins/loses the normal 250ish points, even when playing together. But I go anywhere from up or down 15-30 points per match.

3 Likes

Hello,

I have exactly same problem for every win/lost I won only 15 points… This is really boring because I’m currently Bronze 5 too and yesterday I have won 6 wins in a row for only 96 points of ranked…

Please Blizzard fix it !

3 Likes

same problem for me win 16 point by win even if i won 4 games in a row. i m bronze level 5, please fix the bug. can you add me to you list ? thanks

3 Likes

Yep, add me to the list. Same problem since this new season began. I won all 3 of my placement matches, ended up in bronze 5, and now can’t climb out. It’s so broken and is ruining the experience for me.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all the reports and feedback raised about your adventure in Storm League this season.

For clarity, we’ve just released this blog post that further explains the phenomenon you all are experiencing. As this is not a bug in the strictest sense, I’d encourage everyone to move these discussions over to the Competitive Discussion board so we can better keep feedback regarding your experiences in Season League in one location, to make it easier for us to track!

I appreciate all of the conversation and the patience you have shown regarding this topic!

Huginncord

1 Like

play many ranked games, my level not increasing or decreasing very much, its like playing quick match, getting nowhere

1 Like

Any system whether you designed it that way or not that would allow a player of your game to play 80 games with 100% win rate and move up less than one level is broken in the worst way possible. It makes the game not even worth playing for a large portion of your player base.

So you’re saying a bronze 5 player has to win 40 games in a row to promote and “that’s just a consequence of the system we designed”. That’s an absolutely absurd explanation. You all are not an inexperienced indie team. You can fix this, quit making excuses. Paste of my post to the “recommended forum”

Per the most recent blog post. Bronze 5 players are required to win ~40 matches in a row to promote to Bronze 4. While you might instinctively think this is a bug, it is not. It is by design of the “new ranking system”. The blizzard team is not inexperienced, nor is it new to developing ranking systems. This is absolutely unacceptable. Blizzard is purposefully punishing a large number of their player base because they are too damn lazy to develop a functional ranking system.

Why am I upset? I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on this game because i thoroughly enjoy the game. The devs have done a terrific job developing it. Yet I’m being forced to either quit entirely, or give up my account in lieu of a new one just to bypass a completely broken and incompetently designed rank system.

BLIZZARD STAFF: PLEASE FIX THIS! YOU ALL CREATED THIS PROBLEM. FIGURE IT OUT AND FIX IT!

1 Like

Like the blue said it’s not a bug. There are people way under Bronze 5 MMR. They would be Bronze 6 or lower if such ranks existed.

It will take these players a very long time just to catch up to Bronze 5.

If you check your hotslogs, it says 900-1200 MMR. That is below Bronze 5. For these people to get to B5 MMR they would have to win maybe 30-40 games without losing.

I do think it is oppressive for current below bronze 5’ers and they should be offered placement matches every ~10 games or so to ensure those who have truly improved, get out faster.

Blizzard: Here’s how the new ranked system works
Literally everyone: wow that’s absolute garbage and sounds like a terrible way to play the game not to mention a waste of time
Blizzard: …
Literally everyone: you gonna fix it?
Blizzard: …

2 Likes

i dont think constant placement matches is the way to fix anything. if anything that would get annoying really quick.

imo, Win Streak bonuses are the way to go.

Yeah, there definitely has to be some leeway for people stuck in the lower extremities of the MMR range.

Such as boosting their point gain to 200-300 per win if they win 4+ games in a row and are obviously ready to play in higher brackets than B5.

Only wins matter for MMR so there is no reason why people below B5 MMR shouldn’t be rewarded for winning a lot as well so they can get out of that rank some day.