What if they implemented all the overwhelmingly popular ideas?

So I am sorting all the threads on the forums and picking the suggestion-themed ones with the most activity

Allied Races:

Mechanics and Gameplay:

Miscellaneous ideas (story, community and others)

This is not a comprehensive list of suggestions, just the most popular ones I found with a quick survey of the top threads.

So say Blizz becomes a democracy tomorrow and development goals are set by what players demand. These are all implemented.

Most of these are not broad “new” content ideas, just stuff like “let us use models that already exist” (like thin Kul Tirans and High Elves) or mechanics that already exist (flying, non random loot, etc). So generally speaking these are ideas which aren’t strictly limited by dev time, just by the main devs not liking them.

I don’t agree with all of these (I think no flying is good and I don’t agree with removing LFR). Some I don’t care about at all (why are people getting worked up about a whistle emote??) Others I think are great.

Overall though I think the voice of the players we see here produces more good ideas than bad, and if we were listened to more the game would be better.

11 Likes

Then some people would be happy while others won’t.

The forum dwellers will still find things to rage about and continue to fill the GD forums with salt.

You may have an uptick in players but never to the Wraith levels in the days of old causing everyone to blame the next expansion for killing wow instead of this one.

2 Likes

Popular ideas do not always equate to good ideas. You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

1 Like

Given that list you would see the population of the game shoot up. Just removing the stupid RNG fest right now would bring people back. No other MMO outside of F2P pay to win games has this much RNG.

3 Likes

Where’s Kul’tiran Paladins on here?

2 Likes

yes please

1 Like

People would just find something else to cry about. Guaranteed.

I’m also not sure removing LFR is all that popular an idea.

2 Likes

Hey guys, let’s waste more development time on more elves!

And holy balls, do you really think the forums will be happy if they removed LFR? You are pretty delusional eh?

1 Like

Yea. It just seems kind of ridiculous. If anything that is ruining the Raiding Scene is the Titanforging, Warforging, Azerite Gear, Limited time only Legendaries, and uninteresting Raid Gear that isn’t Class Tier Gear.

1 Like

The playerbase doesn’t always know what’s best for the game. That’s not me white knighting blizzard either, just look at templates for PVP. A lot of players wanted them, then when they got them, a lot of players hated them. It’s debateable whether or not the issue was blizzard’s intemplation of stat templates or the fact that the playerbase just isn’t always right.

The one about not giving Alliance free gear about being outnumbered was an issue that was already fixed. We no longer get absurdly good gear for it and warmode has been slightly more balanced overall.

Got to hand it to you OP great observation and post! TYVM. Your efforts proved valuable. I hope the devs see this comprehensive list. Im very low on faith with them but I love WoW. This game can ALWAYS do BETTER.

1 Like

It’d probably go a decent way towards redeeming BFA in the eyes of the players, and more importantly, after BFA is over, whether the changes are good or bad, Blizzard benefits.

If they’re good, Blizzard can just keep that kind of stuff going.
If they’re bad, Blizzard can say, “We listened to our customers, but we’ll be more selective of feedback to act on in the future.”

It’s a win-win. Either the game is good, or the game is bad and Blizzard is blameless.

There’s not a single thing on that list that would entice me to renew my sub.
Class design, decent story, real control of class systems, meaningful gearing.

Everything on there is what I view as tertiary.

The issue isn’t these things. The issue is that the combat and gameplay are stale and the reward system’s issues go far beyond RNG in gearing.

Since the things I have issues with are very likely not even on the docket until 9.0, I will likely stay unsubbed until Classic to fool around on there and level a hordie, which I never did, and also to wait and see if 8.2 at least makes warlock class gameplay interesting again.