Account wide reputation please

“We feel that it’s important for characters to retain a certain element of distinct progression. Part of making an alt can be having a fresh set of goals and rewards to pursue once you’re starting to run out of accessible goals on your main, so we don’t make reputation globally account-wide.”

A fresh set of goals when we run out of things on our mains…

Yes blizz because when I start a new character I want to go all the way from neutral to revered AGAIN,it would actually help alts instead of hurting the paying customer.

Oh cool i’m exalted with 7th legion on my main and now my alts can equip 1 or 2 pieces of decent gear.
VS
Great now I have to grind this %^$# all over again…
C’mon you already hand out epics like they are candy on halloween.

Blizz… I am 1 human at a COMPUTER doing these reputation grinds. Why is the reputation not account wide? WE should be able to start where WE left off. My characters are not 3,4,5 different people experiencing the content for the first time.

How do you guys feel about account wide reputation?

125 Likes

They got it right during earlier expansions when they added dungeon rep tabards. A good middle ground would be to add rep tabards to vendors that unlock at exalted. After you reach max with your main, you could buy the tabard and mail it to your alts.

45 Likes

I am with blizzard on this one. Account wide rep would remove so much content from me and satisfaction with character progression, it would probably result in me reducing my playtime by about 70%.

I have 6 max level 120s now and they are all progressing to exalted BfAs reps right across the board - so far 3 have all exalted BfA reps.

15 Likes

You used to get rep from dungeon kills. Personally, I feel the rep grind is not bad. Can it be better? Yes. But it isn’t God awful.

6 Likes

“can be having”

this means it isnt always so.

so…the LOGICAL option is having the choice to do it freshly (like now) but ALSO have the option to skip that and get your reps boosted…maybe a gold sink option or heirloom item liek the FP unlocker (where it unlocks highest reps on your acct)

heck MoP did reps the best. hit reveredo n 1 toon and double rep on others…this didnt give u free rep boost and u STILL had to gain it. but it was more enjoyable as it took half the time…especially when ur gettign 75 rep on wq’s now…

from neutral to exhalted is like…42,000 rep?

12 Likes

I agree OP. Those who like to grind, can grind something else. Having rep give an advantage in something like gear to rev/exalted reps means more time for alts to get there. We could be (and SHOULD BE) doing something besides farming rep when we load up alts. It would also mean we don’t have to do ALL the quests on ALL our alts just because rep is tied to that. I absolutely HATE the way the game is moving in that, and I can’t be alone.

17 Likes

Do you strictly play for getting exalted on your alts? Or as you play your alts they are organically becoming exalted?

3 Likes

I think a system like what they had in Mists would be worthwhile. Instead of a tabard, there was an item you could buy that would double rep gains for that faction on your account. I think that offering something like that could be a good middle ground.

It’s not a shared rep which satisfies Blizz’s “things to do on alts” stance. For players, it takes the worst of the pain off of grinding rep on alts since you’ll both go much further on actual quest lines alone. Plus, the WQ grind you do have to do takes half as long.

12 Likes

5% increase yield of experience on the first character then 10% increase yield on the second character that gets exalted and so on and so on

4 Likes

I miss the dungeon rep tabards. getting rid of them was one of the things I disliked about MoP.

8 Likes

This came up is SWToR with reps being account bound and folks saying it would cut out too much of the end game for them. They were a distinct minority as it turned out. Account wide rep worked and people really got on board with the legacy relation system that accompanied it.

15 Likes

I am strictly playing them to get exalted - that is part of ‘finishing’ them - that and professions all need to be maxed. I don’t raid so rep gives me something to work on.

3 Likes

Actually I liked MoP’s solution - once you got exalted, ALL other toons got 50% permanent rep buff. So you still had progression, but it didn’t make you go mental. I didn’t have problem pushing halfhill with exalted rep on all alts without losing my mind, for example.

11 Likes

Things to do on alts… grinding reputation… you want the game to be about something boring…? Is that really what you want from your game?

The content is already completed once it is done once. When most players create and alt it’s not to complete parts of the game they don’t want to play again - it’s to play a class who functions differently that they want to use to take on challenges a different way - to push themselves further.

Having a repeating treadmill as a end goal for the game’s content is lazy development. It would be easy enough to introduce content people desperately want to complete and have to work towards which would fill the same void and not be as absolutely pointless. Make a world for us to spend our time on to get what we want, not waste our time on getting what we already have. A visionary would see that without being told, get yourself one of those Blizzard.

13 Likes

Honestly, I feel combining the XP requirement decrease as well as cross-account reputation, would only transition even more smooth. I enjoy the thought of being able to buy some gear for an alt after hitting cap and take advantage of an actual upgrade vs grinding out exalted and by that point being past needing the item beyond just transmog.

Not that either version of this scenario is bad, since it adds a depth to the gameplay, but it also detracts when you constantly dread repeating something again on the 5th+ character (for someone people, their 2nd+)

6 Likes

Very well put.

4 Likes

If not full account reputation, I do agree with the MoP approach, since that strikes a good balance between depth of play and avoiding the bigger burden of tedium. It might or might not resolve upgrades from vendors for end-game (though I know vendor gear isn’t supposed to supplement as the preferred upgrade path, but it’s posed in a way to suggest it should be attainable in a timely fashion to actually be useable).

5 Likes

I hate to agree with the OP but…

…no wait, I completely agree!

Re-grinding rep you’ve already grinded (ground?) is NO fun!

16 Likes

I agree, the MOP way to unlock bonus reputation for your alts would be a better approach. I can see why account wide reputation across the board may be a tad overmuch, but being able to get it quicker should be a thing, especially if you have already done it once. People who think that grinding reputation is ‘content’ need to just really re-evaluate how much time they have on their hands and how better to spend it elsewhere, rather than repeating in-game chores you have already completed on another character.

5 Likes

People like different things though. You are wanting to make the game only to please people like yourself.

I like games that have replay value. That is why I made so many alts and why they all do reps and max out their professions. I am not playing for the same reason you are.

5 Likes