BRING BACK OUR /whistle EMOTE!

I get that it needed a change. I get that /whistling at the rams during that one dwarf quest was awkward because of the sound it produced.
What I don’t get is why it was seemingly removed from the game completely.
My partner used to do this to me all the time after I mogged my toon into an outfit he liked and that I felt embarrassed to wear. He would whistle at me and I’d tell him to shut up and giggle like a silly school girl and it was cute and fun. It became a ‘thing’ for us, and we’d do it all the time. Then he did it to me today, and that shrill whistle came out instead of that ‘Hey there bb’ one.
I get why it needed a change, I really do. But can’t you add in a different emote for that specific kind of whistle? I know it won’t matter to some folks, but to me and my partner, it was part of the fun of the game.

294 Likes

I noticed this yesterday and I’m very upset!!! How am I supposed to say hello to all them draenei ladies out there?!?!

73 Likes

You’re right; it’s not something that bothers me, but I hope you get your sharp whistle back. I don’t see a point to ever having removed it, actually.

24 Likes

You apparently didn’t know that you were being victimized whenever somebody did that. Steps have been taken. You’re welcome.

146 Likes

Wait did they seriously remove or change this?

/desire to know more intensifies

34 Likes

I’m totally fine with the new whistle that they added. I just wish they had made it be /sharpwhistle or something of the like.

11 Likes

Yes. I tried to /whistle after reading the OP and realized it was not the whistle I remembered.

15 Likes

~https://i.imgur.com/XNM4oQJ.gifv

5 Likes

Same, why do they keep changing things?

23 Likes

They removed it?

Why?

13 Likes

Coming in 8.1.5.

/catcall

33 Likes

There is no way this is a real change.

NO WAY.

13 Likes

Bring back the old one, add an option to not hear it if you don’t want to, then let people who want it enjoy it.

Just look at what happened with the Baby It’s Cold outside stuff.

h-ttps://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/baby-its-cold-outside-san-franciscos-koit-radio-station-returns-song-to-playlist-after-poll-results/

25 Likes

PLEASE LET IT NOT BE.

:hushed::hushed::hushed::hushed:

8 Likes

whistles in BFA
c’mere boy!
whistles
STANLEY?
whistles
STANLEY? where are you boy?
begins to whimper
scrollmaster nola: another good boye unsubscribed!

4 Likes

Why would you be embarrassed to wear a transmog??? It’s a video game.

14 Likes

It seems Blizzard’s anti-fun squad has been working really hard lately.

76 Likes

lmao inb4 taking out flirts

46 Likes

I remember hearing about the start of that while driving as well as something similar to Rudolph. People love trying to ban and ruin things for others for “mah feelz” :confused:

23 Likes

Cause I don’t usually put my toons in ‘showy’ mogs. Just never felt right to me. I did it for him though cause I love him and felt like he deserved to have some ‘eye candy’ to have at his side on Moon Guard. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes