Flying: Why must we wait until 8.2?

Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.
415 Likes
I enjoy not flying until the X.2 of the patch like in Legion, I get to explore the world it seems larger, and by the time X.2 roles out when I'm leveling more alts I can just fly by the boring stuff where I have already seen everything for the 10th+ time leveling characters to 120.

Fyi I already have 8 120's....
44 Likes
I'm Quitting and do you not have feet?
73 Likes
How many threads are we going to see a day about this topic? The horse is deader.
28 Likes
11/05/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Voidarcane
I enjoy not flying until the X.2 of the patch like in Legion, I get to explore the world it seems larger, and by the time X.2 roles out when I'm leveling more alts I can just fly by the boring stuff where I have already seen everything for the 10th+ time leveling characters to 120.

Yeah that's how the rest of us feel now. We've done it. You are always welcome not to fly even when it is implemented. That really seems like a "you" problem.

11/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Orienn
How many threads are we going to see a day about this topic? The horse is deader.

My guess is that people will continue to make threads until they do away with the unnecessarily long, two-part Pathfinder.
162 Likes
11/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Orienn
The horse couldn't possibly be more dead.

11/05/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ohenzo
Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.

Flying damages immersion. Devs said they don't want flying and it was a mistake to add it to begin with. Pathfinder is a compromise, be happy you'll be able to fly some day.
32 Likes
The way I see the problem is this: suppose I get a flying licence in AZ that is a federal licence that I can use in any state; however, when I finally fly into CA, I am forced to land and I have to talk to everyone in CA and get exalted with them before i can fly in 'their state'. Once you have a flying mount, that is it, you should be able to fly, its really that simple.

The fact you can fly in one area and not in another is asinine and I have not seen this in any other mmo.

NOTE: this is my opinion and not subject to debate
Side note: my name is corruption and I support this thread
40 Likes
Personally I think it should be released in 8.1, maybe 8.1.5

They'd have to add a pathfinder pt 3 for the new zones though. (Not that I think you'll be flying much in Mechagon)
11 Likes
11/05/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Därkmist

Flying damages immersion.

Now say that without crying. Also, you could just use your ground mount in order to save your almighty immersion. But you know .... can’t have any logical thinking in these forums.
113 Likes
11/05/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Corruption
The way I see the problem is this: suppose I get a flying licence in AZ that is a federal licence that I can use in any state; however, when I finally fly into CA, I am forced to land and I have to talk to everyone in CA and get exalted with them before i can fly in 'their state'. Once you have a flying mount, that is it, you should be able to fly, its really that simple.

No, your analogy is wrong. I don't care if you state your opinion is not subject to debate, you're just wrong. It's like having a single engine pilot's license and getting mad that you can't fly a F-22 Raptor.

Zuldazar and Kul'tiras have their own government. Your "federal pilot's license" doesn't cover other countries.
10 Likes
Because apparently, this is the Developers War on Flying.
28 Likes
11/05/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Vixie
11/05/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Corruption

No, your analogy is wrong. I don't care if you state your opinion is not subject to debate, you're just wrong. It's like having a single engine pilot's license and getting mad that you can't fly a F-22 Raptor.

Zuldazar and Kul'tiras have their own government. Your "federal pilot's license" doesn't cover other countries.

You need a separate licence for different types of crafts and I am quite correct in my analogy, you are the one who missed the point, but thats ok, you tried...
17 Likes
11/05/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Raicolette
Because apparently, this is the Developers War on Flying.
I love this quote. And to people worried about immersion --quite making excuses for blizzard. Unless you work there. I which case, why is your team conducting a war on flying?
56 Likes
To ask why must we wait until 8.2...is to ask why the leaves fall.
15 Likes

You think you don't want it but you do... lol
8 Likes

You have 8 120s and still not sick of running in the ground? Lol
27 Likes
I can Barely stand to level a 2nd 120 cause i'm tired of running all over the ground so i just queue up for dungeons and occasionally do a quest or two. So burnt out on doing them.
32 Likes

Yeah that's how the rest of us feel now. We've done it. You are always welcome not to fly even when it is implemented. That really seems like a "you" problem.

Actually, crying about needing to fly sounds like a "you" problem.
10 Likes
11/05/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Mordritch
11/05/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Därkmist

Flying damages immersion.

Now say that without crying. Also, you could just use your ground mount in order to save your almighty immersion. But you know .... can’t have any logical thinking in these forums.

I enjoy flying as much as the next person. It makes farming so much more palatable. That being said I don't have to like what they do to understand why they do it amd accept their reasons as completely valid. How would you like it if you poured your soul into a project that took thousands of man hours to complete just to have someone ignore it. Flying made sense for BC, wrath, cata and Mop because of the terrain, but they have been designing away the NEED for flying since WoW and have made it strictly a convenience. The compromise is pathfinder.
5 Likes
Because the developers are still making money from subscriptions. Cancel your subscription and let them know why, then move on.

That's what I did. I finished Pathfinder part 1 in BFA, but I'll never do another one nor will I pay for a subscription to WOW until Pathfinder is totally removed and flying is given automatically with no gold cost at max level.

Why? Because flying makes the game more fun and it is I who should determine whether or not I fly once I hit max level, not Blizzard. The developers are arrogant, out of touch with their customer base, and actively hostile to letting players play the game they want. Those who do not want to fly do not have to do so.

Thus I cancelled and walked away from what's left of BFA. WOW needs a totally new team of developers that are customer-focused, and the only way that will happen is if people cancel their subscriptions and cut off Blizzard's money. The devs do not care what we post here, they do care about $$$$$$ though.
68 Likes