The RP Community Megathread

God I want to be on this council so bad.

My mind is full of endless paragraphs and ideas.

Because I have SUCH an idea for the Brawl’gar arena…

3 Likes

Rommal and I from Moonguard are compiling a Document with all of these cool suggestions as well as those from our own community. We hope to try and share it with everyone tonight. If not this weekend. When its shared we hope you all make suggestions that we can add to it. I have already made contact with a Council Person that is there for RP and they are open to using the Doc for suggestions!

If you guys have suggestions at this very moment feel free to reply and Ill add it if its not already there! <3

4 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you for putting it together! Would you guys be able to add some things to it from this thread if they aren’t in there already?

I’m still in the process of trying to find people to talk to from ED to get their opinions as well.

1 Like

This isn’t a bad idea. To be honest, I’ve fantasized for a few years now to compile a comprehensive document of my own of all the things I’d like to see looked at. I’ve even went as far to try and see what popular game news sites I could submit an article to.

I’ve been sitting on this hypothetical project for years because my goal was to hopefully make a physical copy as well. But those are dreams too big to think I could hand it off to someone.

Only reason why I haven’t started on it because it’s a lot of work, and requires a lot of research regarding some of the more irl culture related things.

Although maybe now is a good time to work on it. I just dont want to put so much work into something and then be too scared to share it with everyone or it go completely ignored.

When I work on things. I work on them. I tend to try and put as much detail as possibly, and I know that I write a lot and might deter readers. But all I want is to leave no room for others to misinterpret my direction or leave a window for “ah but you didnt say this…”

So who knows…maybe I should work on this now.

2 Likes

I havent read through it all, Ive skimmed for the most part. But Ive added anything I saw wasnt on the list. Im still editing the main part of the Document but once I am done I will read through the entire list.

2 Likes

Hope you don’t mind the quote. I just want to expand on the same topic without lacking acknowledgement to your reply. Book incoming, my apologies for putting your name on it too, Auhgag.

As a note, I either do not touch on ARs or I lump them in with their ‘original’ races (i.e. Mag’har and OG orcs). This is because, barring Vulpera, I believe that the AR and their ‘linked’ race should share customizations completely.

Book Within

All Races

1. All races should receive tall/average/short heights and slim/large/muscular builds.
  2. Customization centered around classes. Magical limbs that are arcane/frost/fire, void/light, nature/death and robotic.
  3. Cult of the Damned style customization for non-Death Knight members of the Ebon Blade.
  4. All races have the option for neutral hair colors: black (black and blue-black), blonde (dirty, light), brown (light, medium, dark), grey, and white.
  5. All hairstyles are shared. Presumably the limit would be ‘all female hairstyles are shared between all females of all races’ but that already unlocks a swathe of options.
  6. At least basic jewelry options for all races regardless of male or female, and all races, male or female, should have tattoo options in at least black, grey, white, red, green, and blue.

Humans, regular and Kul Tiran

1. Vrykul customization. Vrykul tattoos, hairstyles and scars. The tattoos should be split into face/torso/legs and scars should also be split into facial/body. New jewelry, too.
  2. Drust/Thornspeaker customization. New hairs, tattoos, scars, jewelry and limb options. Both/singular arms/legs with the ability to look like the petrified/cursed bark of the ​Drust/Thornspeakers.
  3. Customization based around the other human kingdoms. Stromgarde, Alterac, etc. While there may not be many surviving members of the kingdoms left, who’s to say others will not represent them?

Dwarves

1. Frostborn. Muradin left Velog in charge all those years ago. Let them join the Alliance, fully, and provide the customization for players to make Frostborn of their own. Skin tones could be white, grey, different shades of blue and purple.
  2. Earthen. Magni is a walking, talking, crystal. Allow players to make their own mineral dwarves. Have multiple options for mineral/metals, or even just partial. Maybe a clan of dwarves has begun to follow in the footsteps of mechagnomes? Now there’s an idea for a questline exploring the relationship between (mecha)gnomes and dwarves…
  3. Dark Iron. They have yet to receive their expanded customization options-- extinguished beards, fully engulfed beards, more tattoos (facial tattoos and add body tattoos), additional tattoo color options, eye colors… The list goes on.

Gnomes

1. Fully mechanized. Allow the option for mechagnomes to be fully mechanized, a la clockwork mechagnomes. More metal color options in general, and the ability to do just one/both arms, one/both legs, no/multiple head mechanizations. Colorful hair colors that the original gnomes have, more colors for implanted eyes.
  2. More customization in general. More hairstyles- some crazy ones for female gnomes, some ‘normal’ ones for both, some more retro-styled. More facial options, and not all with wide-eyes for female gnomes.

Night Elves

1. Expand upon tattoos, jewelry. More, proper facial tattoos for men. More colors and options for both. Body tattoos for both. Feather and floral adornments for both. Jewelry made with bones/teeth.
  2. Night Warrior. Starry limbs/gradients like Tyrande’s in that semi-infamous cinematic (a toggle). Glowing blue-white eyes.
  3. More ears. Droopy ears, tiny ears. Ears with a glowing, celestial gradient at the tip for Night Warriors.

Draenei

1. Horn jewelry. The Lightforged received them, why not the originals?
  2. Forehead crests for female draenei.
  3. Shamanism is an important facet of the Draenei. Add some customization reflective of that history. Jewelry with stones, bones/teeth, and leather.
  4. Broken. Add customization that allows for playable Broken, both male and female.

Worgen

1. Shared customization. Human-form worgen should have access to the same customization as original humans.
  2. Tails. Long, short, curly. Long fur, short fur.
  3. Snarling. Three options: full snarl/small snarl/no snarl. Full snarl should be more akin to the original face (not alpha, released), small snarl as it is now, and no snarl should show no teeth.
  4. Foxy. Slimmer builds and heads to allow for worgen more similar to alpha female worgen.

Pandaren

1. Expand upon customization. New eyes, faces, hairstyles, hair colors, fur colors, and jewelry (and jewelry colors).
  2. Celestials’ Tattoos. Multiple options for various tattoos (facial and body) that represent the four Celestials.

Orcs

1. Fel Orcs. Allow us to, finally, make red orcs. All things gnarly with their bodies included as options.
  2. Shattered Hand. Allow for the option for an orc with an amputated arm, with or without the blade.
  3. Blademasters’ tattoos. Self-explanatory, in truth.

Forsaken

1. Skeleton. Allow us to go full calcium.
  2. Lightforged Undead. No rot, healthier hair colors, more neutral hairstyles.
  3. Full rot. More hairstyles that are “these clumps are just what haven’t fallen out yet”. The option to be missing an eye/finger(s)/toe(s).

Tauren

1. Mouth-breather. Provide closed mouth options, tauren have been breathing with their mouths open since their new models.
  2. Expand on customizations. More tattoos (body and face), jewelry that reflects their shamanism (gemstones).

Trolls

1. Expand on tattoos. More options, more colors to better represent the expansive history of the race.
  2. Dark Troll. I know Blizzard made canon in BfA that the Shadowtusk were wiped out. But they were always an elusive race, and extremely good at being such, and at combat (given that they were trolls.) I find it hard to believe they truly are gone. Since they are seemingly with the Horde (Zandalari) now, provide the option to make them better. Glowing white/gold eyes reminiscent of the kaldorei would be a neat addition as well.

Blood Elves

1. Expand on customization. More over the top hairstyles, more subdued hairstyles.
  2. Hand jewelry. It’s extremely low-res on female blood elves and looks awful.
  3. More jewelry. In general, but especially for male blood elves.

Goblin

1. Expand on customization. More faces, eye colors (gemstone eyes would be brilliant), hair colors, jewelry, and tattoos. Add rings and the option to go full bling.
3 Likes

Don’t ever apologize for tagging me in anything, I genuinely do not mind at all. Thank you for the quote and the response! Really well written and I agree with all of it, especially the Fel Orcs :smiling_imp:

I’d take it one step further and say give Draenei Eredar options. We already have half-demons and Void Elves running around, I don’t think Fel Orcs and Eredar would make much of a difference.

I agree, wholly, 100%. I only forgot to add it because my brain is going a million miles an hour and I already started thinking ahead to my next post. The addition of Eredar should also add the option of Draenei warlocks in my opinion, but I also think all races should have the option of every class at this point so take that from me with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry but you’re the victim of my next book, though it is much smaller. Again- I quoted because I do not want to fail to acknowledge your post on the topic as it’s the first one I see on it (I skimmed the thread) but it activated the part of my brain holding these ideas.

Book 2: Eclectic Boogaloo Within

All Classes

1. Cosmetic Glyph Books. Inscription can now make, and sell, books on the Auction House that change all of their spells to look like any related school of magic. In essence, Holy and Disc Priests and Paladins can make all their abilities look like Void magic, Shadow priests can make all their abilities look like Light magic. Druids can make their abilities look like Death magic, etc… To prevent confusion during PvP, these cosmetics will be disabled for anyone not the player. There is also the option to make glyphs only for specific spells, if across the board changes are unwanted.

Warrior

1. Spellblade. Arcane/frost/fire/Light/Void skins for warrior abilities.

Warlock

1. Fel no. No more fel, no more demons. Warlocks can make their abilities look more similar to a mage or shadow priest’s. In the case of the former, their minions can now look like various arcane/frost/fire creatures. In the case of the latter, void creatures.
  2. Metamorphosis. Allow access to the old (although visually updated) metamorphosis form, both the purple and fel-colored ones. It is purely a flavor ability.

Monk

1. Celestials. Allow all specs of monk to glyph their abilities to the different celestials if they wish to- Brewmaster can use Yu’lon and Mistweaver can use Xuen, for example.
  2. No more Celestials. Allow the ability to overwrite the appearance of the Celestials entirely and allow for Light and Nature-wielding monks. At least, cosmetically.

Druid

1. Druid forms. Forms are no longer race-restricted outside of PvP. Additional color variants are available for all, as well as the inclusion of Fel, Nightmare, and Death-based forms across the board.
  2. Celestials. Allow druid forms and abilities to mimic those of the monks’ and the Celestials’. Forms inspired by the four and the ability to change spell appearances to mirror them.
5 Likes

My only problem with red orcs is that we do have red orcs, or…they use to be red orcs. To be red is to be at a mindset so fel raged thats hard to function. Which is why all the red orcs are on draenor, or why grom and his warsong clan had to be helped to get out of that second dose of fel they were tricked into taking again.

Any red orc taken in by the Horde would likely be given the Illidari cure that was further developed after the orc who was working on it passed away. So we actually do, canonically have fel orc (they are just green now). They wouldn’t be a welcome sight really among the Horde, and if they were they would be heavily pushed to the side until they can be helped…which leads me to…

However, a fel orc demon hunter class is not out of the question…as well as a draenei demon hunter class…with customizations that can be minimal enough to look like a passable orc with some oddness due to the increase in fel since that is not something that goes unnoticed. Because I’m all about a way! Just, a way that I feel works right in the universe. I also have some quest based options that would allow you to become a fel orc through a quest that would open up that customization for you later…

But I’d much rather see more cultural things. Perhaps I’ll make a post some time later on what exactly I’d like to see customization wise over all and for the orcs.

Ok so I think I have every request so far or something that someones request applies to. Excluding the massive post about individual customizations for each race. That will take some time.

2 Likes

I actually see someone has, also I would like a bridge in the barrens and if we get that, I will never ask for another thing.

5 Likes

Added to the doc!

I’d also like someone to hold hands with, if it’s not too much to ask.

3 Likes

Auhgag and Gotosh have soft hands.

3 Likes

I’d like someone to draw Auhgag and Gotosh holding Courts’ hands.

4 Likes

I’d ship it.

3 Likes

^ Thread index of many detailed Allied Race or customization suggestions from the community we’d like seen if possible. Many of the AR/customization community have contributed for years, and there is a lot of suggestions here that would really enrich player options.

Or my general index:

6 Likes

Here you are! EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE THIS AROUND! YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO COMMENT SO WE CAN ADD STUFF TO IT! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1clLauPHROvrnkA2RsycwmHZlLlY6i2YWQOAwOsjn4FY/edit?usp=sharing

8 Likes

Added my suggestions of Saurok & San’layn to the Allied Race list, since those I think would be great Horde additions!

3 Likes