Realm Layering Update

Over the five weeks since we launched WoW Classic, we’ve continuously monitored realm populations and utilized layering when necessary to handle launch populations. As we’ve said before, we will have all realms on a single layer before introducing world bosses, and a great deal of progress has been made toward that goal.

First and foremost, players have leveled up and spread out around the world. This allowed us to accommodate more players per layer, which means fewer layers required per realm. The last time a server in this region had more than three layers was the first week of September, and almost all realms reached two layers shortly after that. This includes high population realms such as Faerlina, which has had only two layers for three weeks now.

Along the way, some select realms reached their end-state of a single layer, and we locked that in. With a change we made earlier this week, the following WoW Classic realms are now permanently set to one layer:

• Anathema
  • Arcanite Reaper
  • Ashkandi
  • Azuresong
  • Deviate Delight
  • Earthfury
  • Felstriker
  • Heartseeker
  • Netherwind
  • Old Blanchy
  • Remulos
  • Smolderweb
  • Windseeker

Be on the lookout for another change that we will make in the coming days: soon, realms that are operating with more than one layer will indicate that on the realm selection screen. Those realms will say “Layered” in the realm list. Thereafter, you’ll only see the Full/High/Medium/Low markers for realms that are permanently set to one layer.

We plan to move more realms to a single layer over time, and we will continue to offer free character moves to balance populations and manage login queues. In order to avoid queues in the future, we encourage you to use that service as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

149 Likes

Been wondering why i cant complete quests over the past week during prime time.

42 Likes

Good to hear

10 Likes

Awesomeness!!!

6 Likes

Single layer on DD! Tasty!

15 Likes

No more layer exploits :smiley:

44 Likes

thankfully my realm still has layers. I have characters that still have to complete STV

14 Likes

Great news

7 Likes

Phase 2 coming soon to a realm near you!!!

5 Likes

I have never been able to complete quests during prime time in some areas. I mostly quest at 3 am which means I am on a schedule right now to have nothing to do when I hit 60 since I will be sleeping in the evenings.

7 Likes

13 Unlayered realms. There’s over 30 so it’s not quite halfway yet!

3 Likes

I knew something happened! So by one layer you mean no layer? Or do you mean to say there is only one other possible layer to jump to

3 Likes

This is so fantastic to have confirmed. The narrative from some people on the forum had them labeling ‘layer abuse’ as if it was involving some 50+ layers and just massive abuse on untold levels of hopping around like a rabbit vacuuming up massive riches.

To confirm that even one of the most notorious servers has only had 2 layers for nearly a MONTH and many others haven’t even had a second layer active for about as long is so glorious to read.

I wonder how the anti-layering crowd is going to move the goal post next?

28 Likes

i am sure single layer means there is a single world. No hopping anywhere else.

9 Likes

He definitely means a single layer as in the server is whole.

End state, single layer. No layering is on those realms.

4 Likes

Please include BGs in phase 2 for pvpers, it can be without honor.

7 Likes

you guys are rocking this. Keep it up.

7 Likes

I wonder when the posts will start popping up with “proof” that Blizz is lying about layers being removed from these realms?

15 Likes

Neat Stuff

1 Like