I don't pay to play a Layered MMORPG

No, I told you to delete your thread because I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you had one iota of brain power, to understand that you should read the existing thread on this topic before soliciting your uneducated opinions in this meaningless duplicate.

7 Likes

Don’t want layers, don’t want DM, but want time gated stuff. Never happy

OP doesn’t read or understand blue posts, gets upset when other people point out that blue posts have already answered or explained everything he created this thread for :frowning:

15 Likes

You can’t fix stupid.

6 Likes

I skimmed some of the hotfix/patch notes, but I really just came here to express my animosity for Layering/Phasing/Sharding. Free speech, that’s what it is. Do I care if you have a problem with that? No I do not. I also don’t care about the Blue post you referred to.

You never had to open the thread to begin with, let alone reply-- that’s the beauty of it.

I feel like we need to start a “go back to pserver” meme… this :poop: is so old it’s decayed back into mother earth and shamans are using it to construct totems.

1 Like

You don’t pay to play Classic in the first place. You pay for a subscription for retail, which gives you the free bonus of having access to Classic servers.

3 Likes

You have freedom of speech. We have freedom of thought to infer that you are an ignoramus who can’t read and isn’t here to incite meaningful discussion, but to have a whinge.

Good job. Feel proud about how you are utilising that freedom of speech.

5 Likes

Ummmm, ok.

Because if people transfer to non-layered servers (that exist to thin out the population) then the new servers will be re-layered because, surprise surprise, the population has increased!

The critical thinking is strong in this one.

2 Likes

You think the entire populace of one server will migrate to the same non-Layered server, is that what you’re suggesting?

Let’s examine your logic. When people on a Full server transfer to a lower population server, you think everyone goes to the same server when they transfer? I’m impressed with your critical thinking.

You failed to specify. Even if they go to multiple lower pop servers, population varies based on time so unless it’s low during primetime then it’s safe to assume it will, at some point, get high enough to warrant layering.

If you specified you wanted to transfer to low-pop servers then I could say “OK, yeah, flawed logic but I get his point” but you didn’t. You said “non-layered” which means “any server not listing a Layered tag”.

I’m glad you’re impressed though. Doesn’t mean much to me, but always happy to make someone’s day! :slight_smile:

I’ll go back to my original response to you; you’re not a Blizzard forum moderator and you don’t have to feel the need to defend Blizzard from someone’s opinion. You seem to be taking it personally, given the fact that you’re slinging so much pejorative at me.

I’m toxic for expressing how I feel about a technology that’s over-utilized, and that I fear that they have long-term plans for? I don’t think so. But you, along with everyone who’s posted here, are toxic as hell. I’m glad I rarely post here.

1 Like

If you don’t like layering, sharding, pickzoning, phasing, channels, ect…

You might be SoL when it comes to MMORPGs. Even 20 year old Everquest uses it, including on their progression servers.

1 Like

[I don’t pay to play a Layered MMORPG]

Well, every person is different. You do what you want to do. I honestly have NO IDEA why anyone objects to layering, and NO IDEA how it negatively affects your gameplay. But do what you want.

That’s nonsense. You aren’t that special. Your claim that “every player feels the same as I do” is pure nonsense. Layering was done to give players the “real Vanilla experience”. You don’t like that, okay. Don’t tell me that you speak for millions of other players.

2 Likes

Even if Blizzard said it was going away and are in the process of removing it, how on earth does “Layering” appearing on the server list mean that it’s going away? Forget that they said it was or are in the process of removing it, just think for a moment about the fact that it’s on the server list at all.

If someone was not ‘in the know,’ seeing that on the server list would indicate that it may not be going away. How so many people have given this post a thumbs up, is beyond me! People in this thread talk about making useless posts without reading or using critical thinking, this person has posted the most useless responses in this thread!

Wariga: says a blatantly uninformed thing
Also Wariga: gets mad at people who call him out on saying uninformed things

It’s not about toxicity, or being Blizzard’s defence force. Hell, I’m all for dissenting opinion and playing devil’s advocate. I drew your attention to the fact that there was already on ongoing debate about this topic, which is more authoritative than your thread because it contains information from Blizzard’s mouth directly.

But you chose to act like a petulant child and make a stance about your “freedom of speech” instead of taking your discussion there instead. When challenged on this, you commented that you “skimmed” the other thread.

As I said, you’re not here to have a meaningful conversation. You’re here to complain and have your uninformed opinions validated. And I’m calling you out on that. Sorry if that makes me “toxic”.

5 Likes

trust me, youll want layering when 50+ people are fighting over rock elementals in badlands lol

4 Likes

It isnt used AT ALL in Retail

Bruh you know blizzard actually did say that stuff right? We didn’t link you fake threads lol. They literally explained it all this is ridiculous you just don’t want to listen to what people are telling you

Because, in the beginning, ALL realms were layered. So tags weren’t needed because, well, every server had layers. Now only some have layers, so tags make sense.

It’s like if every Ferrari in the world was red. You could post an ad just selling a Ferrari. But if you have multiple colors, you might want to include the color in the description.

Also, 2 + 2 = 4, the world is mostly spherical (I’m told it’s a bit lopsided, but not by much) and water is wet.

1 Like