Using Phasing to grief

Isn’t that what happens when you release?

2 Likes

Considering every server has at max 2 layers now you could easily just follow em.

2 Likes

Smart ganker. Using phasing so he can keep ganking. That’s a great idea. Just wait tell phase 2 when flight paths in 48+ zones are going to be piles of the dead. Great time to be ranking out in the world.

Well, the body sort of blinks when they release from their corpse to the graveyard, but the corpse stays there until they get back. What happened looked exactly like a phase. He was still dead at his corpse and then disappeared, and his body wasn’t left there like it normally would be if he had just released.

It’s all about whether or not someone is willing to help you with it, and whether or not those people are even in the other phase. I tried two people from my guild, which didn’t work, and no one else in redridge was talking, so I couldn’t find anyone to switch me over.

I’ve seen that happen, and I assumed the person took a spirit rez. Oh well.

When you do that, your corpse turns into a skeleton. He didn’t leave a skeleton at all. His body just disappeared.

1 Like

OK, well that’s weird.

deviate delight has no phasing… REJOICE!

He may have logged out, I think that may be what happens.

Nope. When you release, your body stays there. When you res or spirit res, it is replaced with a skeleton. It disappears if you layer hop.

1 Like

What is this Griefing i keep hearing about? There is no such thing as griefing on a pvp server.

you sure he didnt just res at graveyard then hearth? I am unclear how you reached the conclusion this was phasing

There’s a blue post about it

It’s just like retail. I have had entire raid groups phase in out of nowhere in the middle of a fight with someone. “Layer invites” are being exploited.

People keep saying this but after you land you have 30 seconds of being honorless.

This was explained in an earlier post.

That doesn’t stop them from keeping the flightmaster dead so you can’t escape, killing you anyway, and then killing you again once you res and are worth honor.

1 Like

Doesn’t your body disappear when you log? I used to leave people alone when their body disappeared but left no skeleton. Prob showing noobness here but it is what it is.

True, but assuming you’re leaving town you’ll be able to get away after a death, maybe two after. Factions will have to camp opposing faction high level areas to reliably be able to get honor as well and I’m not entirely sure how well it’ll work if the first death isn’t worth honor and they run off after a death or two.

More likely I would think BRM will be a favorite to camp since it’ll be filled with people trying to run in and be high level.

Looking forward to the wars up and down the ramps, actually.