Realm Layering Update

Excellent information Kaivax

1 Like

thank you for the update Blizz, glad to hear we’re almost there!

This is the hardcore #nochange crowd. They take everything to the extreme and every little thing is going to apparently kill classic. I kinda hope most of them have quit over it because they usually translate to the toxic elitists in game.

11 Likes

Awesome news. I was wondering about this on Old Blanchy. I logged into Stormwind and there was so many people there I’d initially thought a streamer showed up. Thankfully it was layering gone.

2 Likes

There is very little reason to keep layering in the game right now. Two layers is so insignificant that there is no reason to disrupt player game play for it. Remove layering now please.

1 Like

Going from 2 layers to 1 layer is the biggest jump in the layer removal process. It is the MOST significant jump. Not the least.

28 Likes

Move to a server without layering.

Problem solved! :smiley:

13 Likes

Thanks for the update. Any chance you can make transfers available based on faction? Would be nice to have some parity in the ranks.

9 Likes

One day i dream of not having to have layers. Not because its broken or disruptive but because im sick of the whining

12 Likes

Any chance you guys can update these 2005 servers to be able to handle large scale wpvp without it lagging.

3 Likes

I suspected it was something like this when I went from “overwhelmed by all the trolls in the ruins” in Stranglethorn to “where the **** are all the trolls?”

6 Likes

They’re using modern server architecture and I certainly don’t lag in large scale wPvP. It’s probably on your end.

11 Likes

Keep in mind, the way this reads this isn’t something Blizzard did, it’s just something that happened naturally, which is good imo. People spread out and the population fell enough on these realms that only one layer was necessary and Blizzard has now locked it so another layer can’t be created.

It’s exactly why we didn’t want a bunch of realms at the start and I’m very glad Blizzard didn’t cave to the whining during the first few days of launch. Classic has been handled absolutely perfectly.

9 Likes

Neat, so when you are going to address the realm ruining faction imbalance?

5 Likes

I’m talking about 100+ vs 100+ not your basic 40 vs 40. Look at any streamer vod from faerlina trying to attack ironforge. For allowing more player capacity then vanilla servers I’d expect it to able to handle it not lag out the server like it’s 2005.

Youre playing on a rppvp server I don’t expect you to know what I’m talking about.

3 Likes

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Massive WPvP raids happen literally daily on our server. My guild fields two-three raids during wPvP events and even in the middle of Org I don’t lag. Again, it’s on your side.

8 Likes

Good to hear they’re dialing it back. My realm isn’t on the list, but hopefully Soon it will be.

1 Like

I’d like to see faction specific transfers opened to realms like HS, horde only. Others have also suggested this.

5 Likes

Ah yes, Mother Nature and her organic free range server transfers. Nothing is more natural and totally not at all a controlled effort by Blizzard. Nature is beautiful :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they should be able to handle that.

In the first stress test there was a big event to end the stress test in Stormwind. As it went on it seemed they started collapsing the layers, to test it I would imagine. There were literally hundreds of people in this small area and the server held up great. I wasn’t getting any lag at all. It was really cool actually.

2 Likes

Are you also able to talk about horde/alliance balance, is it as bad as people believe, and if so will it ever be addressed?

3 Likes