Concerning issues with layering

Since I cannot seem to inquire on general, due to the level of bleeding over the latest “fad” issue, I assume I can ask here.

Layering seems to no longer be working on Bloodsail. I would as soon not play on a high pop, 6 to 1 server. Will there be paid moves in the NEAR future? I would rather play on the lowest pop server than play where I am now since RP is nearly non-existent and the LFG channel is the worst place known to man to frequent

THanks for your time

There is currently no known time frame. All we know is that they hope to implement them soon.

4 Likes

Layering was always a temporary measure, and announced as such from the beginning.

Paid transfers are not yet a thing, as Ekon mentioned. However they have not ruled out this option. So it may come along at some point.

6 Likes

They have always said layering was being removed by Phase 2 and they are speeding up the release of at least part of Phase 2 by releasing Dire Maul.

It was always a 6 to 1 server. Layering didn’t change that.

That’s going to fluctuate over time, just like on retail. School holiday schedule, release of patches (phases), drought leading up to patches (phases), certain in-game holidays. It’s only a month and a half after release. The realm populations haven’t stabilized yet.

3 Likes

It’s the only RP Server, so the fluctuation will not be as sever as you think. Its nearly 11am, I spent another 37 minutes trying to collect 6 singing crystals. I am pleased others chimed in, none of it addresses my question, only my concerns

Struggling to stay motivated, starting to become a Job.

Was there another question you had? Because you only asked if there will be paid transfers in the near future and that was indeed answered. The answer is that we simply don’t know. We know that they want to add that feature at some point, but no specifics on when.

5 Likes

I know the first two replies answered your question directly as I was the second reply and built upon what Ekon said.

Not getting the answer you want is not getting an answer. The simple answer is we do not know.

Transfers were available in Vanilla, so it can possibly be added at some point and still hold true to the no changes philosophy. However we do not know if or when this would happen.

Also, to address your Taking so long for your quest items, that my friend was classic as well.

I do truly hope you find some fun soon though and it feels more like a game than a job for you.

Best wishes

3 Likes

Transfers appeared at the end of Vanilla. If Blizzard is going to follow their prior timeline, perhaps they will be implemented near the two year mark.

Server transfers obliterated my realm’s community. I hope yours fares better.

2 Likes

there’s only 1 RP server, with minimal RP and a toxic LFG and trade channel. not sure why so many came here to be honest. Argent Dawn and Moonguard were never this bad. I played 6 years on Arthas and find even that community is not as toxic as the trash that is on the server now. Odds are I will simply reroll and start over if someone figures out the population again.

lower population means baddies are easier to block, avoid, and usually end up ostracized. Not sure why the LFG channel still exists as it was killed back in 05 due to how bad it had gotten. Driving players to a game created channel for grouping doesn’t do much good when every child who wishes to make sex jokes, troll, or meme themselves to death, flock to it for attention. You leave it and …then what ? No one sits in the zone for a group as it stands :slight_smile: Not what I would construe as a community, so no large loss if it did happen