Sombra rework can we get a hint?

No its “Propaganda is Useless”

2 Likes

Nononononono her hack will become her ultimate and emp will become her E, translocator is Lshift and stealth is rightclick

They wouldn’t do that considering Sombra is a hacker, that’s what she does, it’s the core part of her character.

When you factor in just how hard Blizzard worked to keep resurrect in the game with Mercy since it’s a core part of her character, I just don’t see hack going away.

she just needs changes not a rework

2 Likes

Exactly, I don’t even feel like she needs massive changes. I feel they need to try to make her more rewarding rather than easier to play. Because if they make her easier to play, she’s going to get nerfed, because she’s already oppressive in the right hands.

2 Likes

Sure. These changes started by seeing how far we could push the duration of her Stealth and Translocator abilities. As we pushed them out, it allowed her to play more and more as an scout/infiltrator for your team and also allowed her more time to pick and choose when and where she popped out to ambush her enemies.

So now she has infinite duration on both Stealth and Translocator, but we had to solve a couple problems that were caused by these changes. For one, she needed to be able to destroy the translocator, or it would often be stuck in some place she didn’t want it to be. To that end, you can now destroy it by looking towards it and pressing the Interact key. Also, Stealth giving you 75% bonus movement speed forever was… a bit strong. This bonus has been lowered to 50%. In addition, she can no longer contest objectives while in Stealth, since she that would just be super frustrating with infinite duration.

These changes are really interesting for her as now she is in complete control over when she reveals herself, allow her to time her hacks better for her team, or go for a back line ambush during a critical moment in a team fight.

I guess that was more than a hint. :thinking:

336 Likes

NICE

kljsgfkkjdfklsdsfsdds

8 Likes

… Time for Mei and DVA “spycheck” meta.

77 Likes

Oh, thank you so much based Geoff, I was worrying about nothing. Do you still get knocked out of stealth if D.Va chip hits you?

7 Likes

I’m sorry did you say…

INFINITE DURATION ON STEALTH AND TRANSLOCTOR

Say your prayers Support players!!! Lol

36 Likes

Poor zen.

30 Likes

HUH OH THIS REAL HYPE

wait does it still break with 1 point of damage?

22 Likes

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

I really like that

Will the other players be able to see a stealth outline while sombra is moving like in HOTS?

I can see this as being very oppressive as if you can’t see her,she can’t be punished for bad positioning.

Final question: What sort of counter play is there to counter her play style? Will symmetra turrets be able to target her when invisible?

5 Likes

Yeah rip Zenyatta lol

4 Likes

can i get a

"UnfUn TO Play aGaiNSt"?

this is going to be whined about real soon

28 Likes

Are there any changes to how you go in and out of stealth? For an ability that’s so core to Sombra’s kit, it always felt a little awkward

13 Likes

Thank you for the answer, but i have some issue with this.
Time management is skill set you need to learn to be a good Sombra player.

People who already learned to play her correctly dont really profit from this.

But on the other side its a huge nerf because you cant use stealth to contest anymore and it takes more time to get back to the fight to position yourself since your movement speed is reduced.

This doesnt adress her issues, but just makes her easier to play for newcomers, but at the same time weaker for Sombra veterans.

36 Likes

Just going to be able to sit and wait for a good time to kill him now. Oh boy.

1 Like

Omfg I love it. I’ve been scared for over a week.

2 Likes