And the Sombra whining started

The only positive I see in any of this is being able to destroy the translocator.

2 Likes

That’s not really a buff if you have to go to it and interact with it. It’s just more downtime.

Geoff said it could be done at range

1 Like

Yes but you have to look at it. Worst case you even need line of sight.

What exactly do they think these changes will do? The only time you really use the full duration of invis is getting back to point but now that’s slightly slower, and invis is supposed to be great for speeding away when you’re in trouble. Infinite invis just means you can sit around all day invisible. Same with translocator, most of the time I’d use it in combat to jump on the high ground quickly or disorientate the enemy, I don’t really care if it’s infinite. Now she’s still not that useful, but slightly slower and spends more time outside of combat. That is where sombra players are coming from when we say we’re not happy with the changes.

4 Likes

No LoS needed apparently

3 Likes

You need to look at it. This could mean in its general direction or literally at it which requires line of sight.

1 Like

What he actually said was ‘you can now destroy it by looking towards it and pressing the Interact key.’ Which suggests an LoS requirement, but isn’t very clear.

Don’t think of it as having infinite invisibility.
Instead, it’s just invisibility for as long as you need.

Sure, bad Sombra players are going to be lurking around invisible all the time doing jack-all to help their team, but if you’re decent, this just gives you an extra second, or couple of seconds, to get set up.
And despite the speed nerf, you can still get across the map much faster because you’re not waiting for your cooldowns to finish.

It’s not a good buff, but it just barely scrapes in as a positive. Saying it’s a nerf is just insane.

2 Likes

I totally see it as a buff and not an OP one. The possibilities are awesome but it doesnt change HOW she plays fundamentally.

If you are good managing the trans now then you pretty much always have an infinite get out-of-jail card. It just comes down to not dying before you hit E lol. Sorry but I cant see what the whiners are trying to say there.

All the current timer does is force you to hit E or let it run out. What they are changing is practically no different. You can cancel it (equivalent to letting it run out) or use it (the equivalent to…using it).

Yup… now you can run about for an infinite amount of time before hacking an enemy, doing chip damage, and getting killed with primary as you try to escape because your stealth anim took a decade and then you got hit by a single stray D.Va pellet.

Losing 25% speed for 5 seconds and instead gaining 50% speed indefinitely…

Probably the most accurate way to sum it up. Barely is stretching it, even then. Those flank routes + contesting points was huge. Please Blizzard. Plzzz.

1 Like

It certainly won’t change the win or pick rates, if that’s what you mean.

Just ignore them. They did the same way back then with Mercy. “Hide and Rez OP! NERF MERCY” videos were all over the place.

Same thing with Doomfist when he was first announced “Doomfist too OP! NERF DOOMFIST”

The list goes on…

At this point it’s like the boy who cries wolf. It’s become so obvious that these clickbait-tubers are just desperate to nerf anything as long as it gets them views that it hurts.

The meme is real.

2 Likes

And what button will be used to destroy it?

I can see it now.

fighting enemy on point
enemy is located between you and your translocator in the distance
need to tele out due to “Randomness #279
oops you were looking in its directions and destroy it instead
hackthefloor.jpeg

2 Likes

I’m angry that the changes they have been making to Sombra come with major nerfs to important parts of her kit.

• Health pack ult charge is gone.
  • Buggy LOS is added.
  • 2 second interrupt cool down on hack.
  • Removal of contesting with stealth.
8 Likes

Any Sombra main would know 6 seconds stealth is enough , losing 25% speed is a big problems unless they also reduce the stealth cast time otherwise Sombra wouldn’t be in a good spot anytime soon

2 Likes

Interact. F. Its only use atm is to go through TP.