Let's not make assumptions about the potential consequences of some changes

Why can’t we just put those in the game and see AFTERWARDS if that’s actually OP ? Like for real. there’s like a thousand OP things in the game right now, it’s not an UsainBolt-Like-Sombra that is going to break it. Same, a little more contesting power would give Sombra a really nice niche too…

Yeah, I’m not sure how much difference in practice 50% vs 75% would make for the team opposing Sombra, though I do think they’re correct that eternal invisibility w/ point contest would be, if not OP, then at least extremely annoying and cause OT engagements to drag on even more than they do now.

I’m not bothered by contesting objectives in stealthmode, but the speed reduction is a bummer. I love bouncing over walls and rooftops like so many other heros (Hanzo can make jumps Sombra can’t, now. That sucks.).

What do they think Sombra can do with the extra 25% speed? Get in position to actually do something useful for her team? Great! That supports what these changes are supposed to be doing.

1 Like

It is not much of an assumption if they internally tested it. It might be different in the live environment; however, they are VEHEMENTLY opposed to it, clearly. So, I have no idea what happened behind closed doors. But there is definitely a reason they are opposed to it. Acting like people whose sole purpose to balance the game are idiotic is not going to get anyone anywhere.

Well, they also suggested using Symmeatro’s teleporter to escape from gravstrike. Their internal testing seems pretty out of touch with how the game plays in the wild.

Peeps quit in droves over Shield Bash. A patch where Sombra is OP will be extremely bad for business.

Well, so many decisions of theirs make me wonder how they see the game. I feel like their vision of the game is hundres of miles away from what it really is.
IRL; 75% speed while infinite invis would be a nice buff to Sombra without being a huge pain for the enemy imo.

Sombra is the type of hero thats very hard to balance. In all multiplayer games I have played stealth heroes are either weak or op. All I see now is that she can simply stay in stealth forever and wait for the enemy team to spread, get a pick on a support and just teleport to safety. There is 0 counter play IMO against that. Unless a few people commit to finding her which is a waste of time with unlimited stealth usually. She can break the game in insane lvls.

you’re in stealth forever and then what ? You’re not even sure they’ll spread and you’re not even sure you’ll take that support down. While you’re waiting for that “perfect opporunity” the enemy team might have the occasion to break in and win the fight.
Considering all of her abilities get shut down by a single damage (5 for translocator) and her dmg is pretty trash, I think there’s a long road before Sombra gets any kind of OP. So I really don’t think her being THE ONE HERO that , instead of having a killing potential, has A CONTESTING POTENTIAL would be an utterly broken thing. And 50% instead of 75% will change nothing for the enemy, it will just make the game harder for us to play as it’s gonna be less smooth.

1 Like

We will see. I strongly believe it will frustrate players to no end. Lets not forget that this does give sombra the power to pick her engagements better. Plus her hack can be used better in regards to it being much safer to pick the right moment to hack. Its never that simple. Infinite stealth with 50 % more speed ? Sounds amazing to me. Hack is still a very strong skill. If she manages to utilize it much more and better I dont see this as a nerf.

Stealth contesting would in fact be awful.

Every second, somebody with aoe like Winston would be on the point running in circles spamming trying to unstealth her.

You simply wouldn’t be able to have 6 players off point if there was an enemy sombra. It would almost certainly be ninjad eventually.

I’m impartial about the speed. I feel it was only needed because of the duration. With infinite duration the speed is redundant. Not op, just redundant.