New Sombra is gonna hard counter Grav+Dragon

What exactly are the changes and where can I find them?

What are you talking about? Is there a change announcement?

Look at the dev comments

ops nevermind my post i completely forgot she had hack

I really wish some heroes could ult while mid-air, Junkrat is really frustrating sometimes because I want to riptire but I’m being flung, but it’d be the perfect momentttttt… Yeah.

IDK if Sombra is going to be a good HanzoGrav counter, I mean - If she EMP’s, does it stop Grav if it’s already been launched or the dragons if they’ve already gotten off? Because she can’t stop Soldier’s ult once it gets under way, you have like, a less than a second window to stop them at a key moment, so… idk if I’d consider that a really reliable counter?

If she can just EMP and stop both, sure, but I don’t think that’s how it works.

I just quoted the dev comment here for anyone to see.

2 Likes

dont mind my post i forgot she had hack

a well timed hack can stop hanzo’s ult when she is in stealth

it was… sarcasm my dude…thats why i said it’s impractical… wow

That’s kind of a lot of variables to manage. You have to be behind the hanzo the moment he ults, hidden, without anyone else there to kill you, get your hack off, and then also escape without dying for it. Just seems like it’s not really a ‘great counter’ so much as ‘a counter that could work if the stars align perfectly once in a while’, IMO.

So while hanzo is with his team, instantly melting tanks and one shotting people, you’re gonna sit there in stealth doing nothing, effectively making the game a 5v6, waiting for this one chance to be somewhat useful?

Also you could, and should do this before, it was quite common, due to your vertical movement and hack range it was quite easy to do.
This change does nothing.

if she is really gonna get infinite stealth she can just stand around hanzo when you think zarya has grav

its not hard to guess when zarya has grav

2 Likes

in this way, we have gain one stalker and lose one dps’er in the team…

Sigh…

If you’re just standing around waiting for Hanzo to ult the whole game as Sombra, you’re basically forcing your team to do a constant 5v6. I don’t mind characters that can do stuff, but when you’re losing the utility of the character actually contributing to the team fight, it’s a problem.

The whole reason everyone hated Mercy’s res was that she ‘had to hide’ and ‘wait for the right moment’ - this strat is the same.

1 Like

And leave your team to fight 5v6. Nice strategy.
These changes are terrible simply because they encourage Sombra to be out of combat for longer.

1 Like

New Sombra is going to counter everyone… o-o

1 Like

Here you go my friend :wink:

i don’t think you understood my point

if you know how zarya works and her charge rate, also how many teamfights are won/lost you will know around when they will gravdragon

you don’t need to stand behind hanzo entire game if you have this gamesense

2 Likes

That sounds like they’ve basically taken all of the timing and strategy out of using her translocator and stealth that made her like… A nuanced and intricate character to master? Can’t tell if will be good or absolute garbage… IDK man, we’ll see I guess.

1 Like

We just have to wait and see, so far I am liking the changes as I can see the cons and pros to it.

1 Like

I just think it’s not a great counter, you’re needing a lot of things in order to pull it off, and it’s such a fast and strong team-wiping ult that something that needs so many variables in order to work at all isn’t really a ‘good’ counter. That’s my point. Even if you don’t mind her lurking behind him and waiting, being out of the team fight, because whatever, it’s still just like… A LOT to expect a Sombra to pull off in order to counter Gravidrag, IMO.