Somvra's đź’ś Thoughts of Sombra Changes

I am seeing people already complaining about these changes. Honestly people are saying that this is a nerf to her, but it is the complete opposite.

Most Complaint Right Now

She Can No Longer Contest

That is okay, because if she can no longer contest, that means she can freely move on point and make call-out.

THIS ALONE IS A HUGE BUFF for her team as she can basically be a walking Widow Ultimate for her team.

Yes, it will be a potential 5v6, but that is only temporary. Plus let’s be honest contest while in stealth mode is a very small price to pay. This will only effect Defense Sombra when trying to contest at the very last second, but usually the enemy team will spray and pray all over the objective to reveal you, forcing you to translocate or fight.

Speed Reduction Decrease

I do have to admit that I am not liking that idea at all, as they didn’t compromised and increase her base movement speed by 0.5 seconds to match both Genji and Tracer.

She Is Being Made Easier

I wouldn’t say that she is being made easier, but they have reduce her cool-down management skill by a lot, but however, it’s still there and not only that but one can argue that this will make her somewhat harder to play and master as now you have to make even more call-outs, micromanage the enemies cooldown abilities etc.

If you failed to do that, then you are honestly putting your team at a even more huge advantage.

Like I said, I would make a more professional and well constructed thread once the actual changes to Sombra hits the PTR. Therefore, this is just a little something something as MANY have been asking me how I feel about these changes.

Side Note: I hate this new changes to the forums…

Here is one of my 4 Mega-Treads that has all the Orange Font that the devs have displayed out to the community that involves Sombra.

19 Likes

Please feel free to leave your opinion about these changes.

4 Likes

Contest removal is huge and makes it an overall nerf. I’d rather keep current invis than this.

26 Likes

I hope they lower the stealth cooldown, or even completely remove it. This would make up for the lower speed and help her be even more stealthy.

6 Likes

Reposting my feedback here for prosperity.

9 Likes

I agree, but also this can be seen as a huge buff as I can be on point and it won’t be contesting meaning I can inform my teammates where and what the enemy is doing.

4 Likes

You can do that without being on point already.

4 Likes

Sombra is going to be Bastioned for a second time before the Overwatch World Cup is over. I’m so mad at the devs for not listening to public opinion at all.

5 Likes

On a very short time frame, I don’t know… I like the changes, but then again I will miss the contesting part as I use aggressively to bait enemies in my range.

1 Like

I made well thought-out suggestions that received so much positive feedback and attention, I advice you check them out and tell me what you think about them. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

*posterity :stuck_out_tongue: Prosperity is “success” or “wealth” or something. Like live long and prosper.

2 Likes

I want Sombra to prosper!

2 Likes

On 2CP its a big thing baiting the enemies away from the choke on the point to let your team push in by contesting while invis. Thats gone now.

They just need a mid range hero or sniper keep an eye on the point and you cant kite them anymore.

3 Likes

I’m conflicted about the contesting thing. On one hand it’s going to suck when you need to contest the points or those few seconds so your team can contest. However on the other hand I’d prefer to have as little characters as possible be able to contest the point because 2CP already sucks because of that reason lol. I do like the idea of being in the back line longer and having more breathing room to plan attacks better with invis though so the pros outweighs the cons.

As for the translocator, I’m not sure because I don’t know how I feel about being able to throw it anywhere and just flat out cancel it. I feel that takes away some of her difficulty because you want to place it somewhere you can return to easily and if you place it anywhere without a care you usually end up punished for it. It’s still a huge buff but I’m worried about it being exploited is all lol

All and all I think it’s still a buff and will help her playstyle more combined with her bug fixes :+1:

1 Like

I understand… we just have to wait and see if these are set in stone.

My main concern if Sombra is buffed and buffed and buffed, how do we avoid the Hack-pocalypse?

3 Likes

They didnt touch hack.

1 Like

Exactly, I love the stealth changes (other than the reduce in speed) as she need speed, but I am having mix feelings about the translocator changes.

1 Like

But they have buffed the hero that does the hacking.

1 Like

They said they fix some of her bugs so it should be listed in the PTR notes… Hopefully.