Do Sombra mains even like the announced changes?

Idk. I needs to be tested.

As a flex player who has been looking at Sombra and enjoying her playstyle I’m very much for these changes. I can’t wait to get to try her new style!

I have seen this a few times now in this post. Have blizzard ever went back on nerfs/buffs they made? NO. And we all know they have done some terrible balance changes (and this one screams bad buffs).

So we can’t just wait and see, we need to stop this now.

1 Like

Don’t hurt me, but I actually like the idea behind it…and I play Sombra a lot myself.

Sure, 25% less movement speed sucks, but if stealth is infinite, that’s okay…and no longer do you need to forcefully disengage because you ran out of translocator timer because that happened a LOT to me. Dunno, maybe I am just bad but what happens to me a lot is:

• Stealth out of spawn for movement
  • Run out of stealth before you come close to the frontline
  • Walk the rest with normal speed, waste time, you can use your trans to make a shortcut
  • finally reach a healthpack close to the fight, preferably a big one
  • throw trans, go invisible and try to sneak
  • likely run out of stealth before you are even half past the enemy team
  • half of trans already wasted getting to a fight
  • now try to actually do something meaningful in that timeframe
  • this becomes a risky game as you try to manage your puny HP pool to trans at the last possible moment
  • if you manage to survive, you are way back at your healthpack, having to wait for your trans to cool off before being able to throw it again
  • possibly even having to re-hack the pack

This is tiring and ineffective. And it creates many situations in which you just wished your abilities lasted longer so you weren’t forced out of them. Stealth runs out? Fight or flight
Trans runs out? Fight (and die) or flight

I have wanted to have these abilities to be infinite since she was released since this could actually make her more fun for a change. She could become more of a fighter and less of a runner

Also: DESTRUCTIBLE TRANSLOCATORS! YAAAAAS!

2 Likes

Where are those changes announced?

1 Like

40 seconds doing something utterly useless, you don’t hack health packs, they dont matter when people go back to full in a second due to healers.
You hack them mainly for yourself and because you can.
You’re a sombra, 99% of the times your job is to farm emp.

Please stop theorycrafting if you don’t have a fair amount of hours in her.

1 Like

99% of the time just farming ult seems like terrible character design.

2 Likes

This is why we ask for more in-combat utility, namely a Hack that works.

I mean, since GS was buffed, EMP is broadly redundant as an ult anyway. See if Hanzo cares you blew up their shields.

1 Like

Sombra is my second most played hero with almost +200 hours and let me just say, these changes don’t fix what’s wrong with her. The reason why she’s got the lowest pickrate and winrate isn’t because of Stealth or her Translocator, it’s because Hack still has a dozen bugs making it it broken.

Instead of making you a fighting machine they make it so you can chill out longer and pick and choose your targets carefully.

I really don’t understand how the mind of Blizzard works. This is a nerf. Not a buff…

Which is awesome while your team are asking “Where the F is Sombra? We’re 5v6 here!”

3 Likes

what if they make her able to hack while invisible? that would mean a lot.
but if no, this nerf is a joke. decrease her speed is also a joke. I’m out.

I remember that right from the getgo when she was announced they told you guys she never was intended to be an immense damage dealer. If you want to play her like that, that’s not Blizz’s fault.

Maybe they are trying to change her “job”? It will probably a different play style? And probably these are not all the changes.

“Where’s Sombra when you need her.”

No, they said Not an assassin. I’m not asking damage dealing or assassination tools. I’m asking for a Hack that works, that I can use in combat to help my team.

1 Like

It is.
She can’t do anything else and blizz keeps focusing on this instead of making her self reliant with damage and other actual qol changes like sombra icon over hacked targets.

Not at all. But hey in the same way they changed Sym for everyone but the actual Sym players so what do they care about the Sombra players? If they did then we would have seen them talking about fixing the bugs they have MANY community made lists of or actually using our advice for her.