Going on Hiatus until something gets fixed. šŸ˜£

I was replying to OP, but I see your point. Get one of your friends to play Orisa!

Regarding playing Bastion in a LFG, Iā€™ve found the groups Iā€™ve joined to be pretty chill. People are using LFG in part because they want to be on a team that builds around each other, not because we necessarily want to strictly adhere to the popular meta. Iā€™ll happily play Orisa or Rein if someone picks Bastion, especially on defense.

1 Like

Dude, Iā€™ve been playing off mic on console, too. I usually do in QP. So far Iā€™ve found most people to use the comm wheels waaaaaaay more in LFGā€™s than regular solo-Q even if weā€™re all off mic. It makes a huge difference when people pay attention to comm wheel callouts! Give it a shot. My experience so far has been very positive.

Edit: Iā€™m not sure, but I think I can tell when an off-mic team of randos is going to do well or not by the cleverness of the voiceline interactions when weā€™re setting up. A lot of clever interactions usually means a better team, versus silence or D.Va just spamming ā€œIā€™m #1ā€.

1 Like

If i had known you were going to get toxic I wouldnā€™t have said anything to help you.

Who said anything Toxic?

You Ok bud? O-o

The rework Removed Bastionā€™s ability to protect not only a defended area, but himself from harm.
It increased his ability to be countered, those are just facts.

I dont play bastion but i feel your pain, I feel sorry for a bastion every time I kill one, thinking ā€œyou poor soulā€ when all it takes so little to destroy him with a hanzo zen or most other dps.

Ive killed plenty with a Sombra even, with ease.

1 Like

Yeaā€¦ I literally just act friendly to Bastionā€™s sometimes.
(Never in Comp, Obviously)

And if you havenā€™t heard, Sombra is probably getting infinite Stealth and Translocator.

As if us Bastionā€™s needed any harder countersā€¦ :confused:

Iā€™m in the same boat as you https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/reaper-is-still-trash-garbage/108415
Not only because my favorite is constantly left in the dust, but because I myself used to play Bastion. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™ll ever change frankly, Jeff himself thought that the game was perfectly balanced, and when pressed stated you canā€™t achieve perfect balance anyway, and I guess that means just throw your hands up and put in the least amount of effort balancing things.

The options are pick a meta hero thatā€™s nerf proof waifu bait, or stop playing all together. If the hero you pay is unpopular, youā€™re looking at a year or more before anything is done while broken fotm heroes run rampant.

Itā€™s a shame, but this is the only end result.

1 Like

I must Thank all of those who responded to this thread thus far for their feedback.

I had no real clue that i would even be missed if i attempted to leave this Forumā€¦ :kissing_cat:

Maybe not by a lot of people, butā€¦ Even if i can brighten the day of One Person, itā€™s worth sticking around.

Being basically told that i would be missed, really warmed my heart. :hearts:

Iā€™m still kinda staying away from actually playing OW thoā€¦ Iā€™ll come back in a while after sorting myself out a little, to try the new LFG Systemā€¦ But i probably wonā€™t be playing Bastion, let alone in Comp. -.-
Who knows, The LFG System could very well be the ONLY Reason this game would be playable for me.
(If it IS As Positive of a place as people make it out to beā€¦)

But i digressā€¦

(ć£ā—”3ā—”)ć£ ~Thank you all!~
Iā€™ll be hereā€¦ Still waiting for Bastion Changesā€¦

Out of those, only Sombra can. Storm arrows do a DPS of 210, as opposed to Bastionā€™s 525, Pharah can shoot out one rocket a second (im pretty sure) and so she does 120 DPS (I think). I think you get the idea, none of these weapons/abilities (bar EMP & Hack, though EMP IS an Ultimate) can top Bastionā€™s 525 DPS, therefore, Bastion breaks shields better than anyone

Storm arrows does 280 DPS (70 * 4 = 280)
Bastion does 450 DPS (30 * 15 = 450)

Yes, if youā€™re only looking at numbers, Bastion should break them betterā€¦ But what youā€™re not looking at, is the practicality of these heroes.

Hanzo can corner peek with storm arrows, meaning he has basically 0 risk involved when breaking a barrier. Pharah and Junkrat can be miles away, Junkrat can even be out of sight of the enemies, and still break barriers, meaning they have basically no risk involved when breaking barriers. Sombra can flank the enemy while invisible (even moreso now with her upcoming buffs), making it much easier for her to ā€œbreakā€ the barriers. Symmetra, while she does need a barrier of her own (or a 1v1 with the Rein), has infinite ammo when breaking barriers. All of these characters can also chase the barrier if the enemy backs up, Bastion cannot.

Bastion needs to get into position to start breaking barriers. He has to set up in a position where he just hopes the enemy wonā€™t run away (but they will), and hope he wins the barrier war. Because the second his barrier goes down, heā€™s dead.

Now you are changing the question. The statement was:
ā€œI could name 5 character that can break barriers faster than Bastion could ever hope toā€
To which I asked them to name 5 heroes.None of the heroes you named can break a barrier faster than bastion. Also you are picking your scenario to fit your argument. You know what? Iā€™ll do the same thing.
Sombra cannot break the barrier because another Sombrero has hacked her.
Hanzo got killed
Pharah cannot find the barrier and therefore canā€™t destroy it.
Junkrat is being played by someone in a coma and canā€™t destroy the barrier.
No-one wanted to play Symmetra.

Yes, they can destroy a barrier in different ways but that is irrelevant

Okay, fair enough. If that was the acutal quote, then it should say ā€œbreak barriers better than Bastion could ever hope toā€. The point still stands though that the recent reworks and heroes are just putting Bastion out of the job more and more. Especially with the new ā€œHammond being a faster, walking Bastionā€ thing. That oneā€™s just speculation on my part, obviously, but still.

In a straight up barrier breaking contest, bastion beat everyone. Even if he isnā€™t at melee range of the barrier. In certain situations other people can break the barrier better, but on an even playing field, Bastion beats them. Other heroes could even have a head start and Bastion still wins, if it is a clear shot.

If itā€™s just Bastion vs a stationary Rein, then yes. How many times does that happen in a game? Literally never. In an actual game, where this kind of stuff actually matters, absolutely not. If that were the case, then youā€™d see a lot more Bastion picks because Rein and Brig are pretty prevalent these days. Well, at least Reinā€¦

Honestly, nerf hanzo and the whole meta unravels Ill elaborate just give me a sec.

Hanzo is OP (as many people know) DragonBall Z is a very good combo. Thus Zarya comes into meta. Zarya pairs best with Reinhardt. Which brings him into it. He synergises with Brigitte (who does need a few nerfs, but not too much). Mercy comes in due to all the other healers being weak (same goes for Zen) and Rez is not Mass Rez AKA balanced Rez

1 Like

Unfortunately, theyā€™re only nerfing his ult somehowā€¦ If itā€™s a charge rate change or something like that, itā€™s not going to anything to the meta, because Zarya and Hanzo will still have ults at the same timeā€¦

I hope they do something else to him though, heā€™s far too good at all rangesā€¦

A good nerf would be to decrease number of storm arrows to 4, increase the damage to 75. The decrease arrow speed by 10%, increase drop by 15%. Lunge should either be removed or nerfed heavily.

I played Hanzo in QP only before the rework and he was SO fun then. Might be just me, because I love using bottom of the barrel heroes to kill things. Scatter was balanced in my opinion, they could have just removed an arrow from it and it would have been fine. After the rework, he was no longer fun

1 Like

I assume the arrow drop and speed change is only for storm arrows? That definitely worksā€¦ Still allows Hanzo to get kills on Winston, but he would need all headshots to do itā€¦ It does allow one-shotting Tracer again though, so Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™d go for 75 damage.

I think if they had just made scatter not split until like 0.1 seconds after it hit something, that would have been better than storm arrowsā€¦ Remove the foot shots, but keep the ability to shoot around corners for actual skill-shots.

Nah, arrow drop and speed for ALL arrows. He will no longer be pseudo hit scan, and not have to factor in drops. He is shooting arrows, not bullets

Oh hey, Bastion got a buff on the PTR. The minimum damage at max range has been increased from 30% to 50%.

(Mcree and Soldier got the same thing)

1 Like