[OW2] Weekend PatchNotes I'm in the mood for:

WIDOWMAKER

Widow’s Kiss

• Maximum base damage increased from 120 to 125.
  • Critical Headshot modifier reduced from 2.5x to 2x.
  • 60% damage dropoff between 40 meters to 50 meters range.
Comments: The damage-dropoff basically does the “Map Based Changes” without the ridiculously resource-intensive map changes.

HANZO

StormBow (Primary Fire), Sonic Arrow

• Damage reduced down from 125 to 75.
  • Maximum projectile speed increased from 110m/s to 150m/s.
  • Bow pull charge speed increased by 25%.

Sonic Arrow

• Flashes red “Detected” message on enemy’s screens when they first enter detection range.
Comments: Hanzo is largely a “Sniper” hero that gets used in Brawl more often. So let’s turn him into more of a Brawl type hero. Additionally, Sonic Arrow is nearly inaudible/invisible to opponents, so change that so it can be counterplayed.

SOJOURN

Railgun (Primary Fire)

• Fire rate increased from 14 to 15 shots per second.
  • Accuracy spread decreased by 39%.

Railgun (Alternate Fire)

• Damage reduced from 130 to 120.
  • Can not deal critical headshot damage.

Railgun (Alternate Fire)

• Can deal critical headshot damage.
Comments: Basically just reverting the primary fire nerfs, then making the Railgun more similar to a hitscan Soldier rocket. Rather than a 195 damage “basically a oneshot”.

PHARAH

Rocket Launcher

• Explosion radius reduced 50%.

Concussive Blast

• Cooldown reduced from 9 seconds to 6 seconds.
Comments: In addition to the Mercy changes, this pushes Pharah away from a spam-at-range playstyle, and more into a DiveBomb playstyle. Which also put’s Pharah at ranges where it’s easier to shoot her back, but also easier to dodge.

MERCY

Caduceus Staff

• Healing reduced to 35 healing per second on teammates that are more than 8 meters off the ground.
    • (Note: Genji DoubleJump is 7.8 meters high).
  • Guardian Angel Cooldown is reverted back to just being a 1.5 second cooldown.
Comments: One of the main problems with Mercy was “Pocketing Snipers and Flying Heroes” this set of patches addresses both of those. And as a compensation prize, she gets her mobility back.

Now that we got that out of the way, Tank Debuff stuff.

ANA

Biotic Grenade

• Duration decreased from 3.5 seconds to 2 seconds on Tanks

Biotic Rifle

• Added the ability to headshot for 90 damage, with a 1.2x headshot multiplier.
Comments: Greatly reduces her capability to terrorize tanks with an easy ability. However she gets something really fun in return.

ZENYATTA

Discord Orb

• Incoming damage debuff reduced from 25% to 15% on Tanks

Health

• Added 25 additional Shield Health, for a total of 225 total health.

Trancendence (Ultimate)

• Ultimate charge cost reduced by 20%.
Comments: Greatly reduces his capability to terrorize tanks with an easy ability. In return, he’s less squishy, and maintains more impact with his Ultimate. And offsets the reduced ultcharge feeding he’d get off Tanks.

And because, why not

GENJI

Shuriken

• Damage increased from 27 to 29.
Comments: Hardly anybody was landing those 3x headshot + melee combos below Masters, and it’s a high risk + high reward + high skill maneuver. Let the high ELO players have fun. Als the “Nerf Genji” meme is getting a bit old.

And because further “why not”.

ROADHOG

Tough Skin (Passive)

• Is immune to very short duration stuns.

Vapor Trail (Take a Breather)

• During the 2 second duration of Take a Breather, Roadhog releases a persistent vapor cloud. This obstructs vision for enemy players, and slowly heals teammates. Additionally, enemy players are highlighted through the smoke, (similar to a Sonic Arrow). Smoke duration lasts for 4 seconds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Y762TEd3M
Comments: I really have no idea what direction the developers are heading with Roadhog, but it sure does suck to have to deal with AntiHeals, Javelins, SleepDarts and LifeGrips. Perhaps take some of those counters off his shoulders.
1 Like

I like most of the changes, but…

I would make Hanzos arrows just unable to crit, and leave him as he is. You can maybe argue for giving him some sort of compensation, but the random one shots are the only problem with him, as a hero. I do like the revealed message from Sonic Arrow.

Zen Discord nerf is good, Tran buff is okay, but he doesn’t need the HP buff too.

This would kill hanzo your making his dps 100 the same as mercy hes just insanly worse ash this is not the way to go sorry

4 Likes

If by “kill” you mean, he’d still probably have an above average pickrate.

And if anything, if it’s too much just give him more Lunge range, or 225hp.

Your just making him projectile ash with no quick shot unless you want storm arrow to be allways avaliable with a reload he would be f teir sorry but this is bad like kill the hero bad ontop of the sonic arrow nerf like for real

4 Likes

Why do you think Hanzo needs to be high tier in the top 1% of the playerbase?

Can all of the 17 DPS heroes be high tier in the top 1% of the playerbase?

I dont i just dont want heros dumpstered yes one shots suck but killing heros viability is not the way to go never is

Actually yes they can be

1 Like

Having an above average pickrate wouldn’t be dumpstered.

Dude your making him a worse ash in ever way worst primary worse abilities worse ult hes just throw pick ash

1 Like

Well like I said, if it’s too much then give him something like 225hp and 30% more Lunge range.

Which might make him “less meta” but he’d still get played a lot.

Yes but still why would you pick hanzo over ash in any scenario

Besides being a stubbern hanzo main

He doesn’t care because in the end, he doesn’t want balance. You’re fighting a losing battle, don’t bother unless you’re trying to squeeze some entertainment out.

1 Like

Because it’s a videogame, and the point of different hero choices has more to do with novelty than sweat tier winrates.

Also the idea that 17 DPS heroes could ever all be “meta” simultaneously is like rejecting basic laws of physics.

Hilarious, since Ashe was basically just Hitscan Hanzo on release.

Exactly its a video game every thing can be balanced to be viable thus is not the real world were your body type gives your advantages or disadvantages its a video game and i want ow2 to succeed and the way it stand out is hero picks but if heros arent viable then whats the point if you just want hit scan to be good because thats all this does is make ash the best long range option sorry but thats a problem. You shouldnt have to be that sweaty toxic no lifer to be able to win on your favorite hero and thats why this is bad it makes the hero utterly usless and makes him a no pick throw puck people who want to play him will get yelled at for picking. I should now i pick genji and get yelled at constantly to swap before the match even starts

Release ash was dumb they shouldnt have done what they did her being a mercy pocket hero was base design

TBH, he’d probably be a solid B tier below Masters.

And above Masters, it’s not possible, and never has been the case where all DPS heroes are meta tier.

And I fully reject the logic that every DPS hero needs an above average pickrate in GM. Mostly because that’s not how math works.

Every heros a b tier i trahs low rankd they dont now how to play heros correctly.

We could make them closer then this bs hit scans are all meta because the devs are biased

No, sorry, it would make Mercy even worse than she is in S4, better leave her.

Well, assuming they went with those changes, what would make the difference, to make it “good enough”?

60hps with 65hps in Valk, with no beam break on Valk cast?