Lets move this to the other thread

Moving the conversation over to this similar thead

[OW2] Weekend PatchNotes I'm in the mood for:

Honestly, I think for Widow that the change isn’t to the hero itself, but to the sightlines on maps most favorable to her.

For Hanzo, I could get by behind this if the fall off started earlier. But I don’t know if it really removes the key frustration point which is that Hanzo feels like a spam hero. So his kills often feel lucky.

Maybe speed up his projectile, but make headshots only 150 damage regardless of range so he has to hit at least 2.

1 Like

Are you talking about what will actually happen? Well, I think they might nerf Widow’s charge time, but that’s about it. And I’m not even sure that will happen.

And I think the likelyhood of them fixing all of those in the next 2 months is next to zero.
Especially considering how ineffective the current “map changes around snipers” have been.

Where as a falloff range change? They could do that tomorrow before lunch, if they wanted to.

I’d think instead just give him more health or more lunch range if he needs something.

But he’s got a lot of pickrate to burn.

Maybe something like a reverse falloff would be interesting. So if they shoot at someone at mid or short range, they do a lot less damage. This would require a long range shot and the smaller the distance from sniper and target, the more of an advantage they would have. In that way you could just jump Widow and she could not do a much against you.

I dont think that it would work for Hanzo tho.

1 Like

I figure, if you make it so all of his attacks are “magic arrows” then Magic doesn’t need to follow physics rules.

Has more something to do with the nature of projectiles.

If widow would do 50% less damage at 0-10 meters and 25% less damage at 10-20 meters, maybe it would change things.

I figure that can just be made to be more intuative by making it a minor glow before a certain range, and a bright glow beyond a certain range.

Magic.

Although that did make me think of something, make it so that at closer ranges, the arrows have piercing, and they travel through enemies.

Since they are kinda incorporeal.

waiting for that hanzo main to come accuse everyone here of working for grey falcon :rofl:

That is a big nerf for Hanzo who is inconsistent with arrows that have flight time and trajectory.

I might agree if he were hitscan but he is not.

Hanzo is a mid-range hero

K, give him 225hp and a longer lunge range.

I am not sure that is enough. Your suggestions are big changes that no other hero has that many restrictions.

Can you imagine Soldier 76 do less damage the closer you are to him

Can you imagine that oneshot heroes don’t need to have a high pickrate?

Where +90% of the heroes in the game have “Arena Shooter” killspeeds?

so up close you do half the damage? thats a crazy nerf because hanzo is best at mid to close range with the healp of storm arrows. does it apply to the storm arrow ability or just his normal primary fire?

i think that is highly unlikely. devs have stated that they have no plans for nerfing snipers but maybe looking at increasing cover on some maps.

however if they were to ever nerf in the future the widow nerf seems reasonable. it will destroy her of course and she would be at best mid tier maybe a bit worse but people wont complain about that. maybe that nerf and a grappling hook compensation with a tigher spread on her secondary fire :man_shrugging:

You can also reduce the damage if you want. The point is to remove one shots or to give people a good counter to them, that is not dependent on “missing the shot” on the side of the sniper. You cant play the game if you are in cover all the time. Its also not a counter, because they have no downtime.

They also don’t need the Hog treatment either. These changes are not a middle ground its nuking.

If Hanzo lost his one shot even though he become more inconsistent the farther away a target is that everything has to be sped up so that he can 2 tap targets.

Would that be fine with you.

I wouldn’t ever argue that Hog needed to have a high pickrate either.

I personally would have just dropped his HP, and then either his breather cooldown or damage reduction until it’s enough nerfing.

Hanzo’s got a lot of room for nerfs right now, without him being a throw pick.

the only change id give hanzo is removing his oneshot. his pirmary fire is good enough, the one shot is excess value imo

i get that if you take an arrow to the eye its insta death but this guy has a great kit for range without it one shotting