Rework pharah already

I don’t get why people ask for pharah nerfs for an issue that is clearly caused by mercy.

17 Likes

Pharah is the problem as ever flying hero, with no falloff and AoE damage. Even Mercy Echo is not as frustrating and she thats because she has to play in midrange and close range to perform her most valuable outcome.

7 Likes

I am not arguing that she is poorly designed. It is not what makes her strong however.

Not having mercy in the game makes her extremely much more easy to deal with because she can actually get killed.

Pharah is pretty bad in the sense her gimmick is only good up to a certain point. She is more of a glass cannon than zen by herself. She hard counters all the short range heroes on nearly every map BUT is open enough where mechanical aim makes her bad against heroes with over 20 m range. Pair her with a mercy and her weaknesses are negated with sustain and damage boost increasing her burst damage - thus making her a pain at all levels up to maybe masters (I got to diamond in OW1 last I played comp in s13 or 18 so I know the combo was still an issue up to that rank at least).

I also see her a lot on T500 lobbies while watching streamers. I even saw a mirror pharmercy on a seagulls stream at some point. Whether she is OP or not i just don’t wanna switch to a hitscan whenever i see her on enemy and have to look up while a fight is going on in front of me simple as that.

Turn her into something like Echo where she has a limited flight time or just eliminate her hover all together idk.

One thing i know is that i’m not gonna play this game if the only thing i’m gonna play is hitscans. I’m not going through that pain again just like late year 1/early year 2 of overwatch 1.

1 Like

Well that’s easy

1 Like

It boils down to people disliking to look up. I think the game would be boring if every enemy is on the horizontal plane only.

1 Like

What the hell is this?

Okay sorry for being rude, but what?

Just why?

Pharah is still a laughably easy kill solo while being oppressive with a hard pocket because players are too dumb to shoot the Mercy who is RIGHT NEXT TO PHARAH.

But yes, Pharah needs a rework, particularly in her suicide ult which mostly works only on teams too dumb to look out for her. Which usually are teams too dumb to shoot the Mercy pocketing her. Which usually are the players that come into the forums complaining about Pharah when hard pocketing is the problem.

5 Likes

They removed speed boost from ana and kiriko’s ULTIMATES for being less oppressive lmao. You can just kill a hammer rein running at you no? So why did they nerf those ultimates’ impact on character speed? Also, widow is easy to kill if you just shoot at her- no clue why people have issues with her… But in all seriousness, Mercy’s small hitbox coupled with her flight speed, manueverability, and the fact she doesn’t have to be right next to pharah (hiding around corners in the air or on ledges) makes her very annoying to shoot compared to the pharah regardless of hero selection.

Mercy is the issue and not pharah.

1 Like

It’s a mercy problem. It’s really just undeniable at this point.

1 Like

lol. Has to aim? That must be hard.

What rank do you play at? Because pharah is literally one of the worst characters in this game at higher ranks. And I say this sadly, because I main pharah, and love playing her. But, she is rarely picked as you move up in rank.

I mean that streamer has a particular affinity to phara it isnt surprising you’d see this/phara a lot

i genuinely dont see her more than i do hanzo or cass

1 Like

Pharah is like D-tier, and is completely invalidated by the hitscan gods.

3 Likes

Sorry but what part did you not get where i said i can deal with both of them? Like what are you gonna do about mercy just remove her flight so pharah can stay as is while mercy gets wrecked?

Here is the thing with mercy : she needs a person to fly rather than being able to fly by herself. You don’t see anybody complaining about echo (maybe minus her sneaky sticky + laser combo)

I just think her design is flawed that’s it. While yes mercy has damage boost/hard pocketing problems but that doesn’t make it so pharah is not a problem.

While she doesn’t really have to. Also it’s not ‘‘has to aim’’ problem it’s turning into a person with a situational awareness of a toad just because a character exists problem.

Because once again she gets countered more effectively. My problem is not her being uncounterable. It’s the fact that whenever i see her exist i have to play a hitscan and constantly look up whenever i hear her rockets.

With a good enough team pharah/pharmercy can be an easy distraction for a good stomp.

Another reason why she might be hard to play is that widowmaker/ashe with headshots exist.

I mean idk tbh i’m just saying that i also saw it on T500. Streamer liking it might be a factor obviously.

1 Like

Actually in high elos pharah echo is better usually

Sky cowards, come down and fight on ground like chad.

4 Likes

Rework her into… What, exactly? She fires pillows that deal 5 damage a shot?

Because when you say ANYTHING about Mercy everyone jumps on you. Mercy has BEEN the problem. Ashe shouldn’t have been nerfed. Sojourn shouldn’t still be a problem. Pharah shouldn’t dictate what the other team plays. Mercy dictates game balance by existing. That is a problem. Zenyatta too. Zen wasn’t balanced for 5v5 and it shows.

3 Likes