Vault of Guides

There are many great relevent guides that are witten months ago and lost in the so many KT is OP threads

Link them here and ill put them in an order depending on what seems best.
Be warned if the thread is no longer relevent I wont put it in the list.

1. General guides
Gameplay

Try to hold your ground more
Lets learn how to play fighting games (hots guide)

Boss

How to do boss as a team

Tanking

Tanking 101 - A Short Guide to the Basics of Playing a Main Tank
Tanking 102 - Using and Abusing Vision
Tanking 103: How to Pick a Fight - The Art of Engaging
A tip for every tank - #48 by Metal-22942
How to position yourself as a tank during objectives - #7 by Glomgold-21211
Vault of Guides - #39 by Hoku-1399

1. Hero specific guides
Ana

The do's and donts of ana

Anduin

PeskyBerry's Anduin Guide!

Anub

Feel the Venom of Nerub! – A Basic Guide to Anub’arak

Blaze

Let's Get Cooking - How to Blaze

Chromie

Chromie Talent Guide - General Discussion - Heroes of the Storm Forums (blizzard.com)

Fenix

A very mediocre Fenix guide

Johanna

Johanna Guide for Starters

Li ming

Li Ming's guide by a Li Ming main (no orb build I promise)

Malthael

Mathael 101 + videos

Rexxar

How to Rexxar (and misha)

Stitches

How to play Stitches when your bad at hooking

Stukov

Stukov, Varians biggest counter

Sylvanas

Sylvanas Beginner Guide

Tracer

[Guide] Tracer Rework | "The Cavalry's Here!"

Whitemane

Whitemane (Guide Updated)
Absolute overkill Whitemane guide

13 Likes

Oh, very nice! I have bookmarked this for future reference, and look forward to updates.

4 Likes

Same, I hope people will link all of the threads I’ve missed
I am just one person. And that this will inspire to do more guides

Maybe I need to find out how to submit a pin, because I love to see a well written guide

1 Like

You linked a pre rework Whitemane guide from 2 years ago.

I’d put waterlong’s guide instead.

4 Likes

BG was at the time of writting lvl 100+ Master Whitemane on both EU on NA , also he is the one heck of a good WM

I’ve added Waterlongs guide , BG’s guide is still relevant, she hasnt changed that much.

I don’t see any laning guides up there.
Nor any guides on how to int without throwing the game.
Nor do I see an Artanis guide.

A juicy opportunity for a 3-fer.

(Also if anyone reads this and my Imp guide: Imp got reworked, plus WotA no longer bypasses D.va’s Selfdestruct dmg.)

1 Like

I completely missed that, I will remove it then

1 Like

A laning guide is kind of tough because there are so many variables. Map, matchups, early vs late game, and so forth can change how you lane and what talents you take. For example, laning against a Murky on Cursed Hollow is a completely different beast than laning against a Chen on Braxis.

Now I am tempted to write one, just to see if AnaBanana would link it, or just have the Artanis spoiler show “Play Leoric” instead!

I think people could use some advice for just sitting under towers when they can’t hold their own.

1 Like

That chromie guide needs work. The general stuff was great but the talents are very out-dated rn. We either need a new talent guide to go along with it or him to return to forums to do that.

Or how to interrupt rotations so your opponent misses their soak.

Or how to freeze a lane.

Or how to bait them in for a gank.

Or how to stop letting the freakin’ Samuro stack his quest on you, ffs!

2 Likes

I meant just the very basics of expecting people not to feed and get their soak on.
But yeah those would be good too.

Right now I dropped whatever I could with the hope some change a couple of things.
But this forum somehow lacks quality guides or I cant find them. I know there are a few good ones I cant find

I dont want to add the teach me threads and a lot of people dont want to sound self promoting to submit their own threads

Ooh, I didn’t know there was an Anduin guide. I’ve been considering making one myself one day when I feel like I’m (frankly) good at the game (unlike now). Perhaps I can write a Kael’thas guide instead, or perhaps we’ll just have 2 Anduin guides when that day comes.

2 Likes

Why not both? Its always fun to compare

1 Like

P.S.

I feel like this is the tiniest bit personal in the scope of recent history. I definitely started something when I created my thread to share my experiences learning KT.

My problem is I don’t know the hero roster well enough to say whether or not a guide is any good. I know the Johanna guide is accurate, but although I have played Ana, and have tanked for some good ones, I can’t say I know the hero well enough to accurately evaluate any advice given.

For example, this Ragnaros guide was posted not too long ago:

It is good? I think so, but I am no expert on Rag.

If you can get narha to read my chromie guide ill change it and we can get it added here. I dont know if you’re still in contact with them.

He and I are friends on Discord (even though we do not belong to any server together). Post a link and I will share it with him. Mostly we chat about silly people in our games, and share clips of fun stuff. I still play ARAM/QM with him on EU every now and then.

He also plays a mean Samuro and Gazlowe, so could likely vet any guides on those two heroes as well.