X-45 Heartbreaker Mount Drop Rate Increase

The Love is in the Air world event is right around the corner, and we’re sharing the love this holiday season.

We’ve heard your feedback on the frustrations with X-45 Heartbreaker’s low drop rate and feeling the pressure of having to farm the mount by cycling through as many alts as possible every day. From now on, the first Heart-Shaped Box you receive each day across your Battle.net account will have a greatly increased chance to contain the X-45 Heartbreaker mount.

Any subsequent Heart-Shaped Boxes you earn on your characters after the first each day will drop the mount at the previous, original rate.

Love is in the Air begins on February 6 at 10:00 a.m. PST in all regions. So spritz on your favorite perfume and head to the Shadowfang Keep event dungeon to defeat Apothecary Hummel for your chance at the fantastic flying fuschia fuselage you’ve fancied far too fervently for what seems like forever.

Good luck adventurers!

165 Likes

Thank you for doing this. :heart:

Update:
I want to wish everybody good luck in getting the X-45 Heartbreaker mount in 2024. :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

27 Likes

Good stuff! Thank you!

6 Likes

“greatly”

From 0.01 to a whopping 0.02

113 Likes

Pleasantly surprised that you took the approach that doesn’t make folks feel like they absolutely have to do it on 30 characters every day.

Good luck to all y’all that haven’t won the mount yet.

7 Likes

GOOD.

This being a 1/3333 droprate for well over a decade was nuts.

12 Likes

Can this logic be applied to other holiday mounts as well? I know this specific mount was a pain for most, but using this same logic across the board will be greatly appriciated.

Also would be helpful for non holiday mounts like Stratholme, ZG, ICC, Stonecore, Freehold, Both Karas, Utgarde Pinnacle, etc.

Thanks!

61 Likes

Fixed it for you. No need to thank me!

79 Likes

Those are available to farm 24/7 365

The holiday mounts aren’t

It’s fine the way it is

27 Likes

thanks for doing this. i just wish it would of been sooner so i dont have to think about my 5k+ kills on 200+ characters spread across 6 accounts over the course of 6 years before i got it.

i would not want anyone to have to go through this. it was painful.

3 Likes

I’m curious to see how many actually start dropping. I hope it doesn’t turn out to be one of Blizzard’s famous overcorrections where suddenly there’s Love Rockets everywhere.

9 Likes

It’d be nice if they stated the actual percentage of drop rate. You know perfectly well that they have it calculated, and any time we get a post saying “Greatly increased” you have to question what they are calling greatly.
.01% to .1% is 10x more, but it’s still an asinine number for a drop chance.

32 Likes

You don’t know what they really did. They didn’t provide needed details - like the exact drop rate it increased to.

10 Likes

Oh happy day!

1 Like

I think none of these mounts in the game should be < 1%.

32 Likes

Thank you, Blizz! This is an action in support of fun.

2 Likes

My gut feeling is that the chance will be either 1-2% for the first box.

4 Likes

Post-holiday, Wowhead should have a decent estimate.

3 Likes

Pink phallic mounts for everyone! :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords: :crossed_swords:

3 Likes

Youre the reason we dont have nice things.

6 Likes