What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

like it currently does up to 15 points from base so a 385 can become a 400, but remember azerite armor pieces can not titanforge.

You didnt mention random BG rewards in your post either. Does this mean they are going to stay at 330ilvl? Or are they going to be increased +30ilvl like heroic dungeons (up to 360ilvl)?

3 Likes

any word on when 8.2 will hit the PTR.
Hopefully before the march 26th timeline when you say AK stops again.

This is a post explaining what is changing and what is not in season 2. It’s not being made to make people who don’t like the game want to play it again. It’s made to help people already playing it understand it more about key details about the upcoming season change - which is essentially a new feature in bfa.

This is a promising step to helping close the door on the otherwise horrible communication we get at times. It’s very much appreciated, at least by me.

14 Likes

If all you care about, it what was in the OP, then yes.
As for a ‘promising step’…we’ll see.
Blizzard’s promises have a habit of falling flat; all the cheerleading in the world cannot change the fact that too many of this game’s problems are being ignored.
‘‘Improved communication’’? how many YEARS ago was that promised?

4 Likes

That’s all there is to care about. It’s a thread about season 2, not the overall state of battle for azeroth.
Let’s hope we hear from ion more one way or another.

4 Likes

I agree this is a greatly appreciated step in the right direction in addressing a severe drought in communication from devs and CM’s with the players.
But I don’t expect a developer to be on here as much as I do a CM to give us “the player” the information we need in a timely manner as they have a game to make and fix, but it’s very much welcomed.
I personally would like to see more CM feedback an posts on things the developers are in talks about so people can give specific feedback on the issues on the board being talked about. kind of like what they did with island expeditions, though most of that feedback wasn’t taken into consideration.

1 Like

Wait, does that mean all the old 370 conquest rewards will now reward 400 instead? So a character who has not conquest capped every week can quickly grind through a series of “old” ilvl 400 items faster than a currently conquest capped character, who must wait for upcoming weekly rewards…?

Am I understanding this right? Because this is a bigtime punish for anyone who is current on conquest rewards

2 Likes

This is WoW. Not League of Legends.

This is an MMO. There should NOT BE “SEASONS.”

No one wants to “play the patch” - we want to play the game.

Also, that’s gonna be a yikes from me dog.

24 Likes

week 1 of season 2 rewards will reward season 1 capped items (OLD cap level) new season rewards (400) will be rewarded beginning with the week 2 chest following the reset on jan 29th-NA/30th-EU

What about the darkmoon decks? They did not get an upgrade like every other crafted item did.

3 Likes

Can these tokens wf/tf?

1 Like

Crafted items didn’t get an upgrade they just got new craft-able items that reward a higher gear level

1 Like

no azerite gear never WF/TF ever this was discussed long ago.

1 Like

IMO, this is half of what’s wrong with modern WoW. No sense of growing power for our characters. Your effort only matters for content 11 levels below you, because everything else will just be reset to match your power level (mob health, etc).

The other half is of course the completely arbitrary RNG rewards (different rewards for the same level of effort, like from emissaries) and RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.

I hate everything about this.

28 Likes

Where are the PVP vendors?

Where are the PVE vendors for gear (not mounts) etc.

Why is there a “pause” on the Artifact “knowledge” ? That seems weird and clunky. It basically says “unsub these months and come back when there’s an easy catch-up.”

What about class improvements?

10 Likes

this isn’t as big of a deal as you make it out to be as gear will by far make up for the difference in difficulty rather quickly. besides they’re downgrading your keys automatically to coincide with the step-up in difficulty.

1 Like

We’ve heard this feedback a lot, and we agree. In Season 2, emissary caches and similar rewards like Assault wrapper quests will award loot based on your spec (or loot spec, if chosen) instead of your class.

Standard world quests will continue to provide rewards based on class rather than spec, for two reasons:

1. You can see the exact reward up-front, and choose whether or not to do the content if the reward doesn’t interest you. This also can offer a way to shore up weak off-spec slots without worrying that you might miss out on a major upgrade.
  2. If world quest rewards were spec-based, it might seem like the right behavior to cycle through your specs when evaluating potential rewards for every world quest, especially early in a tier, which seems like pretty annoying gameplay.

But neither of those reasons applies to something like emissaries or Assaults, where you don’t see what the reward will be until the end. And as you say, it can be frustrating if it’s for a spec you have no intention of playing, or it can simply feel like a bug. So we’re changing it.

33 Likes

This is a pretty big deal to me as dungeons used to be my favourite part of WoW.

6 Likes

ok the gear itself cant… but is it possible for the tokens… a little bit of a different item, also the legion tokens could wf/tf so its a valid question.