Off Spec drops from assaults and emissaries

Blizzard, what is the thought process behind awarding off spec items for assaults and emissaries when the azerite reforging cost system is designed for rewarding players who stick with a spec? If you are going to reward off spec weapons and items for this content then remove this nonsense cost increase from the reforging and just make it a static fee that doesnt change. There is absolutely no reason to award items for an off spec when the item level displayed for the reward is a potential upgrade for a main spec. Why has this been allowed to go on for this long?

It’s changing soon. But it’s been like this since Legion. Loot spec currently only applies to dungeons and raids like it did for years prior.

Here’s the blue post:

Emissaries in Legion did not contain gear that was intended to be useful. The only use was disenchant.

It’s been that way since Legion but what everyone seems to forget is that Legion didn’t have weapon drops. The loot spec thing is more related to that then it is armor pieces.

1 Like

It was useful for my alts. It was intended to be used by someone while quickly gearing.

I didn’t forget. I was simply saying that it’s been that way just for info purposes. There was no mention of how impactful it was. It’s just there to say that’s why it is the way it is. Blizz didn’t think of how it would affect weapons. They just implemented what was already there. Which is why they’re changing it now.

Yeah, just another in the long line of Blizzard’s “oops, we didn’t think of that” moments.